Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Chef Plant v1.30 (28th Jul 2013)

by douglasveiga Posted 29th Jan 2013 at 10:11 AM - Updated 16th Mar 2014 at 3:04 PM by douglasveiga

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 75 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 6:25 AM
If you're looking to place this in planters I do believe the "moveObjects on" cheat will allow you to do so. I haven't tested it since I'm not on a computer with the Sims 3 at the moment, but it has worked for me to put harvest-able trees indoors with and without a planter.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 7:21 AM
What a fantastic idea!! I love the surprise aspect of it, def putting this in my garden.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#28 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 8:55 AM
What a cool and unusual idea! Thanks for making us such interesting things.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 10:56 AM
Great thing! My Sims will love it!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#30 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 4:40 PM
What a wonderfully creative brain you have! This looks like a fun addition and I definitely add my vote to the request for an alchemy plant. That would be incredibly useful and I'll bet people would flock to download it. (You know you're on to something when the minute you produce a great product, there is a demand for more.)
Forum Resident
#31 Old 30th Jan 2013 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
no, doesn't drop random seeds, but produces Chef's Plant Seeds when you get a "Perfect" quality plant. according to the code, the quality of the seed is always "Neutral". (like Omni Plant does)

Sorry, the error was on my part - I worded my question terribly. I should have said, "Does it randomly drop its seeds, the way the money tree does? (I.e., does it randomly drop seeds of the Chef's Plant on occasion.)" But you've answered the question, I believe, although I don't know how you can get a "perfect" plant if you can't get randomly dropped seeds, since the most a seed will go up when you plant it (even with the best fertilizers) is by 1 or 2 tiers. So, unless the seeds are Outstanding or at least Excellent, I'm not sure if a Perfect plant is ever possible.

Guess I'll find out, because I know I have to try this absolutely brilliant little plant.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 12:10 AM
You're a genius! Thnks so much for this great Mod!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#33 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 5:40 AM
This is brilliant! Thank you very much! *thumbs up*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 6:13 AM
I adore you for this mod, I have used it for a couple day's and its awesome thank you !!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#35 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 10:48 AM
Now if only I'd be smart enough to finally fix those stupid EAxian grapes. Damn you, EAxis, vine branches don't look like lettuce! And banana trees don't look like your apple trees! Oh, this has been on my 'to do' list for so long. But I'm too noobish. Need ... real ... vines ... agh!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 31st Jan 2013 at 4:50 PM
Really clever idea! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 3:31 AM
That's really perfect - omg i'm love it! thank you very much!
Test Subject
#38 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 5:59 PM
Just wondering if you can make it so it can be planted in a planter. Was thinking this would be great for sims living in the city without a yard so they can't plant a garden. It could be planted in a planter and put on the mini balconys or some such. My game is in winter right now so will have to wait to try this out now. I have the mod that lets you buy all the friuts/veggies/fish from the store. Will the cook plant grow everything in the store now or will it only grow the basic stuff that usually is availible in the store without the mod? Just wondering as you said it only grows what is availible in the store.
Inventor
Original Poster
#39 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blutoad
I have the mod that lets you buy all the friuts/veggies/fish from the store. Will the cook plant grow everything in the store now or will it only grow the basic stuff that usually is availible in the store without the mod?

it's difficult to answer, because it depends how this mod works, but i think everything will be available.

Quote: Originally posted by blutoad
Just wondering if you can make it so it can be planted in a planter.

actually, i am already working on it.

Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
I don't know how you can get a "perfect" plant if you can't get randomly dropped seeds, since the most a seed will go up when you plant it (even with the best fertilizers) is by 1 or 2 tiers. So, unless the seeds are Outstanding or at least Excellent, I'm not sure if a Perfect plant is ever possible.

ok, i am fixing it. now the plant will slowly increase the Quality everyday based on how healthy the plant are and will randomly spawn the seed with the same quality of the plant, but Perfect plant will always produce the Perfect seed. So, if you reach the Perfect plant, you will always get the Perfect seed back.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 6:49 AM
Words cannot even begin to describe how awesome this is. Thank you!
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 8:32 AM
I just wanted to let you know that it does seem to work with 'Jenesis_AllBuyableFruit'. I've gotten some of the France grapes, plasma fruit, banana, honey, cherries, pomelo and pomegranates so far. Even got the new purple eggplant and lemons. No recipes yet sadly. I did try the 'moveObjects on' as suggested and it works fine to get the cook plant into a planter and moved indoors. I really like this, it saves alot of time and space. Thanks much of doing it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#42 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 4:28 PM
updated v1.1
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 5:27 PM
Thank you keep up the good job xoxoxoxo
Field Researcher
#44 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 12:18 AM
Out of curiosity, could we have the spawn chances be exposed to tuning? As it was I thought 3% was entirely too high, and the new version goes the opposite way of the way I'd like. =)
Test Subject
#45 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 3:13 AM Last edited by karr_y : 4th Feb 2013 at 4:01 AM.
Thanks for the mod!

Quote:
Updates:
-> v1.1 (02/feb/2013)

But in the archive to download version is not updated!

http://4put.ru/pictures/max/523/1608911.jpg
Inventor
Original Poster
#46 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 4:01 AM
re-updated

thanks JT` and karr_y for noticing.

@JT: the plant still generate book with 3% of chance, but is limited to 1 book per Plant. i exposed for tuning, enjoy.

@karr_y: i guess you downloaded when i was actually replacing the files.

-> v1.1 (02/feb/2013)
- Now the Plant will slowly increase the Quality everyday (when Mature or Harvest State).
- RecipeBook: only 1 book per Nice Quality or better Plant.
- The Perfect Plant will spawn one Perfect Seed, while low quality plants will randomly spawn with small chance.
Test Subject
#47 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 4:08 AM
douglasveiga: yes, the new archive was not. I was too hasty. ))
New archive downloaded, thank you very much!
Test Subject
#48 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 8:43 PM
Can you make this a sims 3 pack so as to load into the game can you get back to me as soon as possible please thanks
Inventor
Original Poster
#49 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 9:14 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 13th Sep 2013 at 1:59 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by fargoes1986
Can you make this a sims 3 pack so as to load into the game can you get back to me as soon as possible please thanks

this is a mod, not an "object" that is why doesn't works on simpack.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 1:39 PM
What a great idea! Makes harvesting a breeze - thanks so much!
Page 2 of 6