Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Chef Plant v1.30 (28th Jul 2013)

by douglasveiga Posted 29th Jan 2013 at 10:11 AM - Updated 16th Mar 2014 at 3:04 PM by douglasveiga

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 75 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 3:36 AM Last edited by tikkall : 9th Feb 2013 at 4:01 AM.
I have been having a problem where I plant the Chef Plant in a potter with moveobjects on and it turns into a sprout but then it disappears a few days later. I haven't actually had it go to a mature stage where I can harvest it.

I suspect it might be conflicting with BlackCat's Cooking and Ingredients Overhaul , but I will have to test it out.

Edit: After testing without BlackCat's mod, I found that the Chef plant works.
Test Subject
#52 Old 8th Feb 2013 at 8:21 PM
Where do you put the Text Document files?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#53 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 2:41 AM
LOL so creative!
Test Subject
#54 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 2:37 PM
Hmm...the plants in the screenshots show that they can have 6 harvestables, but all I've been getting on my plant is 2-3 every other day. Is it because I have it in the planter? Hmm.
Inventor
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 4:14 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 28th Jul 2013 at 1:00 PM.
@PrinJess
no, actual the limit is 5. you need to fertilize and take care to increase the chance to get 5 everyday.

@tikkall
try delete and plant again, maybe the problem disappear.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 15th Feb 2013 at 10:40 PM
This... is freaking awesome! My Sims still do a lot of regular gardening, but no more grocery shopping. Problem, grocers?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 9:23 AM
You sir, are a genius. :D
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#58 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 9:40 AM
Wonderful, terrific and astounding!
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 3:35 PM
Thanks a lot for this fun plant, I love the 'randomicity' of it

Just to be safe, is it compatible with the 1.50 patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 23rd Feb 2013 at 4:32 PM
Thanks so much! It looks brillant.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Thanks a lot for this fun plant, I love the 'randomicity' of it

Just to be safe, is it compatible with the 1.50 patch?

I tried it with 1.50 and the plant doesn't show up in catalog. It didn't blow up anything, though.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#62 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 5:56 AM
Douglasveiga, I also have patch 1.50 and as previously stated, my seed disappeared as well. Also the plants I had growing were also gone.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 26th Feb 2013 at 10:30 PM Last edited by IceSilverCrystal : 27th Feb 2013 at 12:20 AM.
this isn't compatible with ingredients overhaul? Can you make it so it is? I don't wanna have to chose between them...
Inventor
Original Poster
#64 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 3:02 PM
ok, i will update for patch v1.50 soon. i can't update now because i don't have my pc now.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 27th Feb 2013 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
ok, i will update for patch v1.50 soon. i can't update now because i don't have my pc now.
Thanks Douglasveiga! I, (and so many others), appreciate the work you put into your creations!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#66 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 12:13 PM
Hey I think it works with my game, and I have v 1.50... Maybe the plant refuse to work, and I don't even know it It can be, that I simply didn't notice it stoped working, cause my Sims have huge garden, and they hire the gardner. Is it matter, that I use my old savegame with this plant? Why do you guys say it "doesn't work with 1.50"? I'll try to use it on fresh savegame. Then I'll write here the result of this "test".
Inventor
Original Poster
#67 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 8:35 PM
UPDATED: v1.2 - 28/feb/2013

fixed: possible conflict with University EP.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 12:27 AM
UPDATED: v1.2 - 28/feb/2013

fixed: possible conflict with University EP.
I can now see the seed in the plant decor and I can even place them on the ground, but my Sims can't interact with the seeds.

All I get is a large hand (this is in Live Play) when my Sims with high gardening skills try to interact. Now, for sims without a high level, there's a blank out "Plant Here". When I do go to up the garedning skill level, again I get the hand.

I tried with Humans, Simbot and Supernats.
Inventor
Original Poster
#69 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 1:30 AM Last edited by douglasveiga : 25th Jul 2013 at 3:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by deblake60
I can now see the seed in the plant decor and I can even place them on the ground, but my Sims can't interact with the seeds.

All I get is a large hand (this is in Live Play) when my Sims with high gardening skills try to interact. Now, for sims without a high level, there's a blank out "Plant Here". When I do go to up the garedning skill level, again I get the hand.

I tried with Humans, Simbot and Supernats.

requires level 7.

"All I get is a large hand (this is in Live Play) when my Sims with high gardening skills try to interact."?????????????????????

PS: now i got it. you need to place the seed on a valid position to plant it. try somewhere with at least one block of space between each plant.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 2:44 AM
requires level 5.

"All I get is a large hand (this is in Live Play) when my Sims with high gardening skills try to interact."?????????????????????

PS: now i got it. you need to place the seed on a valid position to plant it. try somewhere with at least one block of space between each plant.

I needed a little bit more than one block, about one and a half completely surrounding the seed. Don't recall needing that distance before, but hey at least it works! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 10th Mar 2013 at 10:20 PM
sounds cool
Test Subject
#72 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 1:29 AM
Thanks for the mod, this is compatible whit ingredients overhaul?
Inventor
Original Poster
#73 Old 17th Mar 2013 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by juan_22
Thanks for the mod, this is compatible whit ingredients overhaul?

i don't know
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#74 Old 14th Apr 2013 at 1:17 AM
I use it and ingredients overhaul in my game, they seem to work just fine together now. ^^ thanks for your mods
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 7th May 2013 at 6:10 AM
Best idea! thank you.
Page 3 of 6