Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Chef Plant v1.30 (28th Jul 2013)

by douglasveiga Posted 29th Jan 2013 at 10:11 AM - Updated 16th Mar 2014 at 3:04 PM by douglasveiga

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 75 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 8th May 2013 at 11:51 PM
this is great!
though i think you need to do a mushroom and/or world adventures version (i have yet to get any of those)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 23rd May 2013 at 12:26 PM
wow.. i like its randomness. this is really cool.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 4:43 AM
Muchas gracias por tu aporte, esta muy bueno Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 14th Jun 2013 at 5:56 PM
Could you please make it spawn with other special seeds so that it's more special please!
Test Subject
#80 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 7:53 PM Last edited by raiko275 : 22nd Jun 2013 at 8:32 PM.
CRYYYY. I play with Seasons, so i use the v 1.1 plant. My Sim is now at gardener 6, but i dont have any interactions with the seed, just see the seed on the bottom...HELP PLS. Or is Autumm / Winter in my City the problem, and the earth is to hard to plant?
Test Subject
#81 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 12:39 AM
I have a issue with your The Chef Plant v1.25 it came up as a vlc document? why is that and please explain.
Thank you
Test Subject
#82 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 5:26 PM
Do we know if this is compatible with the new patch (1.55)?

Ángel Quebrado

You have the look of a fallen angel ... An angel
does not stop being an angel merely because they
fall from grace; their wings are not so easily taken
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 8:27 AM
brilliant!! you genius? omg
Inventor
Original Poster
#84 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karlissa
Could you please make it spawn with other special seeds so that it's more special please!

wow. I dont think so, it's almost cheating.

Quote: Originally posted by raiko275
CRYYYY. I play with Seasons, so i use the v 1.1 plant. My Sim is now at gardener 6, but i dont have any interactions with the seed, just see the seed on the bottom...HELP PLS. Or is Autumm / Winter in my City the problem, and the earth is to hard to plant?

requires level 7 of gardening. make sure you placed on the terrain.

Quote: Originally posted by charesejami07
I have a issue with your The Chef Plant v1.25 it came up as a vlc document? why is that and please explain.
Thank you

your windows is considering it as a vlc file, but it's a rar file. just open using WinRAR program.

Quote: Originally posted by selindley
Do we know if this is compatible with the new patch (1.55)?

yes. no changes required.

Quote: Originally posted by sw33ty
brilliant!! you genius? omg

thank you

Quote: Originally posted by delalune4
this is great!
though i think you need to do a mushroom and/or world adventures version (i have yet to get any of those)

they are not allowed there but maybe in the future i will create one that only produces mushroom or herbs.
Inventor
Original Poster
#85 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 4:30 AM Last edited by douglasveiga : 28th Jul 2013 at 12:57 PM.
Update available

-> v1.30 (28/july/2013) for patch 1.54 ~ 1.55

- The Plant Quality will increase at similar rate as other Plants.
- Performance: The mod will cache the harvestable data to improve performance while spawning new harvestables.
- Changed: The ingredients spawn rate (Meat=1x, Fruit=1.2x, Vegetable=1.3x)
- Included: Now the Plant will spawn some Supernatural Ingredients that are considered Ingredient but weren't available.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 6:25 PM
Thanks for an awesome mod.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 8:05 AM
Does it still work with 1.57?
Inventor
Original Poster
#88 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Minaki
Does it still work with 1.57?

Compatible. No changes required.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#89 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 8:05 AM
This is awesome and will save me a lot of space! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 7:22 PM
Asombroso! tengo la versión 1.57 pero lo voy a probar igual.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 30th Sep 2013 at 12:13 AM Last edited by Eldonyx : 6th Oct 2013 at 4:40 PM. Reason: Further testing (and results)
I've been having trouble with this mod - When I buy the seed and put it somewhere, then return to live mode to plant it, I can't move it to my sim's inventory (which is the only way to plant it in my game): the mouse tells me there's no interaction available with this object. Thinking it might be a mod I installed recently (it worked fine two days ago), I removed those new mods and cleared my caches; nothing changed. I then removed all other mods and cleared my caches again; still nothing. Thinking that savegame must have become corrupted somehow, I tried with a completely different one (quit the game and re-deleted the caches in-between); same result. In both cases, the sims in control when I tried to grab the seed had level 10 gardening skill.
I have the 1.57 patch.
Did I miss something?

Edit: That first save I was writing about was definitely corrupted, or at least is now: now my sim just stands there eternally doing the task she was doing when I last saved my game, before I started testing (and I didn't save anything since I started testing). And that other save I tested after the first? Bugged in the same way, despite the fact that 1) those two saves have nothing in common; 2) I hadn't touched it in weeks before today and the last time I played, it was perfectly fine; and 3) I didn't even save the changes after my tests today.
And even stranger, I opened another save I hadn't touched in my tests today and it wasn't bugged at all. I tried buying the seed there too, and it was still unselectable, sadly.
So - I still don't quite know what's going on with the saves I tested before (probably a removed mod that really shouldn't have been removed, I suppose), but I'm now fairly certain that there's really something wrong with this mod.

Edit 2: I just tested the mod on clean, new games (which I really should have done first, now that I think about it), one with all my mods in and one with only the chief plant. It would appear there's a conflict between the chief plant and one of my other mods: at first glance, everything works fine - but then I save and exit, then re-enter the game, and the bug is there, with my sims eternally frozen in their last action and resetsim not doing anything. When the chief plant is the sole mod present, however, everything works just fine.

Currently doing further testing to find the culprit (will edit this post when I find it).

Edit 3: Well, now I'm confused. I'm done with testing all my mods, and everything still works fine. I'm not getting the bug anymore, even with all my mods in. It's weird.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#92 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 10:33 PM
Wonderful! Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#93 Old 19th Oct 2013 at 2:22 PM
Does it still work with patch 1.63?
Inventor
Original Poster
#94 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MariTom
Does it still work with patch 1.63?

don't know. didn't test it yet.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 3:57 AM
mm it should if nothing's changed
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#96 Old 28th Oct 2013 at 4:16 AM
Would like to see this not be a tree so I can place it in planting bowls inside buildings so sims can use them.
Field Researcher
#97 Old 29th Oct 2013 at 1:47 AM
tree? doesn't look like a tree to me. *shrugs*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 15th Nov 2013 at 8:27 AM
Where can i find the plant in buymode?
Test Subject
#99 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Layla83
Where can i find the plant in buymode?

Decor>Decor plantsm you can filter for custom content to find it faster.
Test Subject
#100 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 5:26 AM
I really loved this item and wish you could update it for 1.63 and make it good for all the expansions that came out.

"The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget cuts."
Page 4 of 6