Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 6:59 AM
Default Help my ceiling!!!
My ceiling has strange color blocks! Can this problem be solved? ? Cry~

Also, when I use the cheat "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false", the carpet placement becomes very strange. Can this problem be fixed?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 7:13 AM
@wolilinbin, idk about the ceiling (did you try recoloring it?) but if you want to place rugs off the grid, you need the mod by HugeLunatic. Read the instructions carefully--you'll need to place one of the files in your Programs folder.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@wolilinbin, idk about the ceiling (did you try recoloring it?) but if you want to place rugs off the grid, you need the mod by HugeLunatic. Read the instructions carefully--you'll need to place one of the files in your Programs folder.

If you replace it with another floor, more weird color blocks will be randomly generated, and the weird color blocks can't be removed after demolishing and rebuilding.
Alchemist
#4 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 9:00 PM
@wolilinbin, I did a bit of research (I found some old threads on it here and here) and it looks like the weird discolor you're seeing has been seen before and it's a lighting glitch. There doesn't seem to be a fix for it either.

You could try making sure that when you put in ceilings, that the room is completely enclosed, and maybe even put flooring on the floor above first, before you add the ceiling. But, like I said, there doesn't seem to be a fix and that may not work. You'll have to live with it, turn ceilings off, or try to recreate the lot again.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 9:28 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th Dec 2020 at 11:28 PM.
I noticed on one of my larger lots it seemed to follow a small part of a room I'd set up, torn down, and made larger - seemingly the enclosed part before the wall-tearing, as if the ceiling thought there was a small, dark room above there. At the time I had a lighting hack, so I'm not sure if that had anything to say. I tried to remove the ceiling, put down a new ceiling, etc. but couldn't find any ways to fix it.

Seems to be a common problem, though. I've had it happen several times on various lots.

Making sure you don't move walls around, and also that you've put down floors is probably a good idea. No idea if it helps much, but at least it might reduce the problem load.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 10:23 PM
That happens to most sims 2 lots. There you have some blue carpet, just make sure its all the same floor tile up there but even then you will notice the shading in some areas is different.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~