Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#9176 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 8:20 AM
What is the file name of Arezzo Bathroom Cabinets?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#9177 Old 11th Jun 2021 at 8:39 PM
Do premade homeless townies and NPC sims have random traits?

I've played with townies lots and lots of times, as well as NPCs (service and role sims) and as far as I can remember they've always had the same traits. Playing Twinbrook right now and there's a whole bunch of them with traits I've never seen on those specific sims before.. Questioning my own sanity right now.
Field Researcher
#9178 Old 12th Jun 2021 at 4:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Woolysmurf
Do premade homeless townies and NPC sims have random traits?

Some do and some don't (either that or we are both going slightly mad together). I think maybe when the NPCs were made some were only were given a few traits and then some sort of flag for 'fill in the rest with random traits' was added but that's just a guess.
Lab Assistant
#9179 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by candyboot
What is the file name of Arezzo Bathroom Cabinets?

This is the long number I have for the Arezzo cabinets, in DC backup 0xee20737c7dc 80e00dec6ef 0b2c262a36.package. Ignore the spaces they are just there so I could read through and double check that long file name
Lab Assistant
#9180 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Some do and some don't (either that or we are both going slightly mad together). I think maybe when the NPCs were made some were only were given a few traits and then some sort of flag for 'fill in the rest with random traits' was added but that's just a guess.

Well, either way at least I'm not alone then.

All service sims seem to stay static and until now I thought homeless townies did the same as over the last 10+ years I've had no variation that I can remember in the Twinbrookians. Not as familiar with other worlds' townies. Oh well. As long as nothing's wrong with my save it's all gravy.
Scholar
#9181 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 7:18 PM
Is there a restriction on the "Oh My Ghost" opportunity that stops you from bringing back people who have been dead for quite a while? I got the opportunity but it won't allow me to use it on my sims little brother who drowned as a child. In all these years I don't think I've ever bothered to try it out before as I, in general, find the concept of ghost stupid, but yeah I love me some fantasy, go figure.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Forum Resident
#9182 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 3:25 AM
is there a way to get sims to look straight ahead at camera?
Scholar
#9183 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mischief Managed
is there a way to get sims to look straight ahead at camera?

You could try these Attention Catchers @ATS3
https://aroundthesims3.com/objects/...s_misc_04.shtml
I haven't tried them myself so I don't know how well they work.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Lab Assistant
#9184 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 3:57 AM
My sim is in the ghosthunter profession and received a medal. There's one in the inventory to place on the wall, but the message said there was one to wear, too. I looked in CAS, but don't see it. All the posts I can find about it are from 10 years ago and mention using a cheat to unlock it. Is that still the case, or am I looking in the wrong place?

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Alchemist
#9185 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraBow
My sim is in the ghosthunter profession and received a medal. There's one in the inventory to place on the wall, but the message said there was one to wear, too. I looked in CAS, but don't see it. All the posts I can find about it are from 10 years ago and mention using a cheat to unlock it. Is that still the case, or am I looking in the wrong place?

It may be under Accessories, and not available under all categories. I assume the cheat is unlockoutfits on.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Forum Resident
#9186 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 5:02 AM
Anybody have suggestions for good quality screenshots on dark skinned sims
Forum Resident
#9187 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
How I decide on which one to use depends on what I'm doing. If it is just a general-type screenshot, the buydebug lights work. If I'm looking to create more mood, shadows, ect... I use Buhudain's invisible lights. They come in all different shapes and sizes so you get the look you're trying to accomplish with relative ease. I can't stand the in game camera, so I use the tab key for all screenshots.

@Gargoyle Cat I know you were helping out Michief, but I noticed that part about disliking the in-game camera. You don't happen to use a mod to edit the Live Mode camera, do you? That's the exact thing that had me go looking for one several years back that I've used ever since. Gets rid of the horrible drift and feels much better to use.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Forum Resident
#9188 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 12:34 AM
I don't have any mods for the camera and I don't think I've modified any files for it. Do you have a link?

I've been using the tab key for what feels like forever. I only use it for screenshots as I don't see the point of using otherwise.

Sure do.

https://brntwaffles.tumblr.com/post...-camera-mod-to/ - I recommend the "No Drift" version if you want to try it out.

The changes aren't incredibly drastic to where it will be like whoa this is way different than what I'm used to. But you'll notice it the longer you play with it, especially with that annoying "sliding" from the drift that the camera has by default. Allows you to go much lower too.

Forum Resident
#9189 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 3:50 AM
You're very welcome.

Scholar
#9190 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 3:06 PM
Can't figure out why sims won't show up at the neighborhood pool lot unless I invite them with Nrass.
Lot is set as a pool.
It is summer.
Lot has a pool, a play ground, picnic area, and outhouses.
Playing in aurora skies and they showed up at the old original swimming pool lot, but I built a new more natural looking one and now I am flummoxed as to what is wrong with it.
Yes, I did bulldoze the old pool so they aren't going there.
Any ideas?

Lab Assistant
#9191 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 5:58 PM
I don't have any specific ideas, but have you seen this thread here: https://modthesims.info/t/613154
It contains several general tips about populating lots. If I remember correctly, I've once read that Aurora Skies in particular has too many community lots for the number of sims living there... perhaps the location of your new pool lot is just too far away from the center?
Scholar
#9192 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 2:15 PM
Hmm, Okay I suppose that could be the problem, but at first I hadn't added any lots and they weren't showing up, but had been before changes. Then I added a hangout and a consignment store. People do show up at the hangout. Weird.

Its actually closer to town center than the old pool was.

I went ahead and removed all but one of the beaches and changed the parks to small parks.
Made sure all rabbitholes were set to no visitors allowed, most already were.
I shall see if it has any effects.
If not, maybe I'll make it a festival lot.

Forum Resident
#9193 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 3:13 PM
I don't know if this is the best or easiest way of doing things, but this is how I do it. The following can be used for skintones of any color, especially for screenshots taken at night.

I use the hidden lights that can be found using the buydebug cheat, and or I use the Buhudain's invisible lights. The lights found in buydebug tend to overexpose skintones, so when using those alone, I put a floor lamp somewhere out of the shot and dim all lights that way.

I don't follow any type of rules or guidelines when placing lights. If a sim has a dark shadow on their face that I don't like, I'll put a light near by and move it around until the shadow is filled in to my liking. Any light placed directly over a sims head will cause dark shadows ( just like with people when they stand outside at noon), so if you want to take screenshots at that time of day in a outdoors setting, use invisible lights to make shadows less harsh

How I decide on which one to use depends on what I'm doing. If it is just a general-type screenshot, the buydebug lights work. If I'm looking to create more mood, shadows, ect... I use Buhudain's invisible lights. They come in all different shapes and sizes so you get the look you're trying to accomplish with relative ease. I can't stand the in game camera, so I use the tab key for all screenshots.

EDIT: Here is a example of using invisible lights as filler light.

Without the filler light for this screenshot, the sim would have been left in dark shadows. There is a window in the area, but because Maxis lighting is so wonky, it didn't do anything. By adding a invisible light were the window was, the lighting looks natural but lights up the sim so he isn't lost in a shadow.

forgot I had posted here thank you
Top Secret Researcher
#9194 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 5:46 PM
I read all kinds of things and something confuses me: What is the difference between playable, townies and NPCs?
And if I want to install a skin that works as default and can be passed on which do I install?
For example, Pleasantsims recommends this one but which one do I install? Are custom skins not geneticized and does geneticized mean what I think it means? They can be passed on? And what does townified mean?
https://lilith-sims.tumblr.com/post...ey-skinblend-hi
DOWNLOAD HONEY HONEY - CUSTOM
DOWNLOAD HONEY HONEY - GENETICIZED AND TOWNIFIED
DOWNLOAD HONEY HONEY - ALL DEFAULTS
Thanks!
Forum Resident
#9195 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I read all kinds of things and something confuses me: What is the difference between playable, townies and NPCs?
And if I want to install a skin that works as default and can be passed on which do I install?
For example, Pleasantsims recommends this one but which one do I install? Are custom skins not geneticized and does geneticized mean what I think it means? They can be passed on? And what does townified mean?
https://lilith-sims.tumblr.com/post...ey-skinblend-hi
DOWNLOAD HONEY HONEY - CUSTOM
DOWNLOAD HONEY HONEY - GENETICIZED AND TOWNIFIED
DOWNLOAD HONEY HONEY - ALL DEFAULTS
Thanks!

Townies specifically refer to unplayable role Sims and such when people mention them most of the time, though some people do use it to refer to the premades. If referring to the Sims that come with a neighborhood or iconic Sims like the Goths, people usually just say premades.

The link you posted is for a TS2 skin. TS3 skins don't work like that. You have default, which replaces the base skins wholly and you can only have one, or non-default which you can have as many of as you'd like. Geneticized in TS2 just means the skin was specifically made to be compatible with the genetics system and can be carried over to offspring. Same deal for eyes.

Top Secret Researcher
#9196 Old 9th Jul 2021 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jathom95
Townies specifically refer to unplayable role Sims and such when people mention them most of the time, though some people do use it to refer to the premades. If referring to the Sims that come with a neighborhood or iconic Sims like the Goths, people usually just say premades.

The link you posted is for a TS2 skin. TS3 skins don't work like that. You have default, which replaces the base skins wholly and you can only have one, or non-default which you can have as many of as you'd like. Geneticized in TS2 just means the skin was specifically made to be compatible with the genetics system and can be carried over to offspring. Same deal for eyes.

Yikes! I'm in the wrong section! I wanted to ask that in the Sims2 Stupid Questions thread. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#9197 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 11:09 AM
After not having time to play for a long time, I am finally able to play again! I've started a new save with an old family from the bin. After setting up, building the house and importing NRaas settings I'm ready to start and the first thing I realize is that there are most options missing from the toy oven

The only options available are "Muffin" and "Cake", no flavors (wasn't there vanilla and blueberry for muffins?), no brownies or cookies My sim child has 3 cooking skill points now and still no change...

Does anybody know of a mod that is messing with these options? I don't remember putting something new in the game, but it is more than 6 months without playing now, so who knows

Thank you for any suggestions
Scholar
#9198 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 2:51 PM Last edited by Florentzina : 10th Jul 2021 at 10:19 PM.
For people who play with Nraas mods (Sorry I dont like being member at several websites).

Its been a few months before I played so my memory is a bit messed up. I like to use Woohoo Near romance for story purposes, but I don't like how the SP hoo up random related sims.... like siblings. I was trying to match up two cousins (because my game has a pre-modern setting where I allow certain near romance relationships - cousins, nephews/nieces, step family etc---- but not full-blood siblings or parents), but with those settings on false, for some reason I only get "take romantic pictures" and yes Ive tried to reset the sims and removed cache.

I tried to put Woohoo Near romance on true but disable automatic interactions, yet the game want to mate siblings in non-active households...

Any ideas?
Lab Assistant
#9199 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smyrrna
... the first thing I realize is that there are most options missing from the toy oven

The only options available are "Muffin" and "Cake", no flavors (wasn't there vanilla and blueberry for muffins?), no brownies or cookies

Nevermind! Turns out, I didn't select Ambitions in the launcher and this is the expansion that brings us more baking goods variety for the toy oven I didn't know that and it is one of the few examples where expansion packs are related to each other. You learn something new everyday
Scholar
#9200 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Florentzina
For people who play with Nraas mods (Sorry I dont like being member at several websites).

Its been a few months before I played so my memory is a bit messed up. I like to use Woohoo Near romance for story purposes, but I don't like how the SP hoo up random related sims.... like siblings. I was trying to match up two cousins (because my game has a pre-modern setting where I allow certain near romance relationships - cousins, nephews/nieces, step family etc---- but not full-blood siblings or parents), but with those settings on false, for some reason I only get "take romantic pictures" and yes Ive tried to reset the sims and removed cache.

I tried to put Woohoo Near romance on true but disable automatic interactions, yet the game want to mate siblings in non-active households...

Any ideas?

Are you using Nraas Story Progression? It's been a while since I used it, so I might be wrong, but there is an option in Woohooer called "Link to Story Progression" which is, by default, set to true. I think I had to set it to false. Otherwise, like you, I only got the option to "take romantic pictures".

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Page 368 of 385