Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#101 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:35 PM
Default OMG! Hilarious!
Quote: Originally posted by hfox1
Thought I would leave this here.

That picture is so funny! Reminds me of someone...
Advertisement
#102 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arelenriel
They are not taking away content/creatures/features insomuch as they are giving us different content etc

For instance in BG TS3 we got gardening, this didn't happen until the last EP "Makin Magic" for Sims 1 and until Seasons for Sims 2.

We got Mummies with the first EP which we never had at other than skins in TS1 or Ts2

We got drivable cars in BG TS3, which didn't happen at all ever w/o mods and hacks in TS1, and didn't happen until NL with TS2.

We got an acoustic guitar which we never had at all in either Sims or Sims 2 even with CC.

They are simply giving us different base game items this time. The rest will come back with EP's /SP's after all we already have the Electric guitar back with the first SP, along with aquariums, and the heart shaped bed (which btw we didn't see until AL with TS2), and via promos and the store we have the Old Town Cafe set, the lips sofa, and the majority of the Happy Holiday Stuff, as well as the Castle Set, the Storybook Set and the Asian Fusion set.

While I can understand complaining about glitches (ahem "features") and problems with the patches, it is not use to complain about what the game didn't come with, because the base games for both Sims 1, and Sims 2 didn't come with a lot of stuff, it is just they simply chose to give us different stuff this time. Also we have always had to wait for some things to be released with EP's/SP's and had to pay for them because EA has always done things this way.

While there are things that I miss, honestly the bugs and glitches that are having to be ironed out because the game is less than a year old bother me more, and even if there is some content that EA doesn't give us back (e.g. pianos) sooner or later some modder will figure out how to add new music and animations to the game and make a piano (like Atavera did with the electric guitar that was released prior to Uni in TS2, or someone [I think] did with this magic mod that was released before AL ) and a violin or some of the other musical instruments.

That's the thing, though, they add stuff that were in EPs and take away items that were in base games of the previous two sims incarnations.

Gardening - They gave this back but took away yoga which was in the Sims 2 base game. And it was in Unleashed, by the way, not Makin' Magic for the Sims 1.

Mummies - Fresh idea so you have a good point here.

Drivable Cars - They included them in the base game of TS3 but took away their use. Sims can own cars and use them to get from one point to another (which can be done by walking). What happened to the ability to turn on headlights, hanging out, listening to music, making out and having woohoo in a parked car? At the moment a car parked on the driveway is as useless as a potted plant.

Acoustic Guitar - I admit, we didn't have this in the Sims base game either but it did appear (in some form) in the House Party EP with the campfire. Sims could sing songs together. Also, the piano was in the past two base games but nowhere to be found in TS3. So the acoustic guitar...we seem to have only gotten it after paying the piano as ransom.

And like you said, the base game of TS1 and TS2 didn't come with a lot of stuff, so why couldn't they include the few items that were there? After all, there's not much to include. Those objects couldn't have possibly slipped their minds.

Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Because aliens were just green. There was absolutely nothing special about them apart from their skin and eye color and we basically replicate both.

It's the same with ghosts. Other than being immortal, they're simply transparent and have spooky voices. So losing a controllable alien (which you get from abductions and not CAS), only to gain a transparent sim does seem like a step back. Suzetter adds an excellent point:

Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Let's not forget that during abductions aliens could make male sims pregnant...quite a unique difference.
Field Researcher
#103 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:05 PM
They are not taking away content/creatures/features insomuch as they are giving us different content etc

This.

I'd even go further and say that the base game TS3 is more feature-rich than the previous base games were. I'll admit, that I was a bit surprised by the absence of some "canonical" items such as the piano, but at the same time I know that had we gotten a piano instead of a guitar, there'd be people saying, "A piano? Again? Why can't we start with something different this time? Like, maybe an acoustic guitar."

My main WTF with regards to missing contents/features is over some of the seemingly little things that are missing that I would have expected to be there, like designable ceilings and the ability to adjust the height of wall decor.

Oh, and the TS3 facial hair. I suppose that was a bit of a step back. Still can't figure out what they were thinking on that one.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
#104 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fernweather
This.

I'd even go further and say that the base game TS3 is more feature-rich than the previous base games were. I'll admit, that I was a bit surprised by the absence of some "canonical" items such as the piano, but at the same time I know that had we gotten a piano instead of a guitar, there'd be people saying, "A piano? Again? Why can't we start with something different this time? Like, maybe an acoustic guitar."

My main WTF with regards to missing contents/features is over some of the seemingly little things that are missing that I would have expected to be there, like designable ceilings and the ability to adjust the height of wall decor.

Oh, and the TS3 facial hair. I suppose that was a bit of a step back. Still can't figure out what they were thinking on that one.

I agree, the facial hair in TS3 needs a lot of work. They could have simply added the ones from TS2 if they weren't up for creating new meshes (since the new ones that they did manage to come up with aren't all that great).

My point regarding the piano (which I know I keep mentioning) is that it doesn't have to be either just the guitar or just the piano. They could have included both since they had the mesh from TS2 anyway. If they're going to add something in place of something else instead of in addition to that particular object, then it's back to square one.

I miss building options as well. I was disppointed when I found out that I had to resort to using cheats just to create an indoor stage.
Theorist
#105 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:20 PM Last edited by treeag : 5th Feb 2010 at 6:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
It's the same with ghosts. Other than being immortal, they're simply transparent and have spooky voices. So losing a controllable alien (which you get from abductions and not CAS), only to gain a transparent sim does seem like a step back.

But transparent sims are the in-things these days! Sorry couldn't help it.

Back on topic, I personally don't care much for things from earlier games that have been left out, except for seasons/weather and piano. I prefer piano over guitar any day since I do play piano in real life and I haven't got the slightest idea how to play guitar without hurting my fingers. Personal preference aside, I think they chose guitar because it seems to be more popular among youngins. I'm not sure why though, maybe because of its portability? Maybe because it's (supposedly) easier to learn? Either way, I want the piano back. Hopefully the next EP will include it. And diving boards too. I couldn't care less for hot tubs or pets though.

Oh, and I do think the lack of car-related animations is a big step backward. Lazy much?

Edited to add: Regarding facial hair, I wish there's a transparency/thickness slider for stubble.
Banned
#106 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:21 PM
Cars are not animated so that the driveway can be placed anywhere on the lot in any direction.

Also note that non-animated cars means modders can basically toss in any model they want and have a quick and easy car with no major tweaking required whatsoever as long as everything fits and is scaled properly. I would not be surprised if there are already more cars available for TS3 than TS2.
#107 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag

Back on topic, I personally don't care much for things from earlier games that have been left out, except for seasons/weather and piano. I prefer piano over guitar any day since I do play piano in real life and I haven't got the slightest idea how to play guitar without hurting my fingers. Personal preference aside, I think they chose guitar because it seems to be more popular among youngins. I'm not sure why though, maybe because of its portability? Maybe because it's (supposedly) easier to learn? Either way, I want the piano back. Hopefully the next EP will include it. And diving boards too. I couldn't care less for hot tubs or pets though.

Oh, and I do think the lack of car-related animation is a big step backward. Lazy much?

Oh that's right, the famous Pigtails Girl!

It's actually the other way around with me. I play guitar and sadly, hurting your fingers is a part of it. At least during the first few weeks of playing. But anyway, I do wish we had gotten both in the base game. It's not like EA can't sell expansion packs with new ideas (such as mummies, etc.) so I don't think they should be relying on old ideas to sell new expansions.

Cars feel less...solid. Everytime they fade out from the garage and a sim fades into one, I get the feeling that they're not quite there. They feel intangible to me (which, okay, pixels...so duh). Cars in TS2 didn't feel that way. They felt solid. There.

But again, transparent is in...hence the fading cars?

Cars are not animated so that the driveway can be placed anywhere on the lot in any direction.

Also note that non-animated cars means modders can basically toss in any model they want and have a quick and easy car with no major tweaking required whatsoever as long as everything fits and is scaled properly. I would not be surprised if there are already more cars available for TS3 than TS2.

But why leave out the other features that make having a car fun? Like I said earlier, a parked car is as good as a potted plant in TS3. They can't wash it, they can't fix it or break it and they can't hop in just to hang out with friends.

At this point, even if they have the coolest looking custom cars, they don't benefit from them since they can accomplish the same task on foot.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#108 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:32 PM
Personally, I would rather see a full band including a singer done all at once (similar to University, but adding a singer) so sims could have proper bands and play together like they did in TS2. I think if instruments trickle in with EPs/SPs/store stuff, they won't be tied together and, while cool, won't really be as neat as they could be if they went ahead and did them right. With each new game in the series, we kind of go back to basics - it can be annoying, but as long as they add on to it in a reasonable fashion that adds to the gameplay, I get it - the cash cow, she is a-mooin'.
Field Researcher
#109 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:52 PM
I don't want another seasons I can imagine it would cause alot of lag considering weather would be allover the neighborhood.Instead of just on the lot you load like in TS2.
Scholar
#110 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:53 PM

For instance in BG TS3 we got gardening, this didn't happen until the last EP "Makin Magic" for Sims 1 and until Seasons for Sims 2.

We got Mummies with the first EP which we never had at other than skins in TS1 or Ts2

We got drivable cars in BG TS3, which didn't happen at all ever w/o mods and hacks in TS1, and didn't happen until NL with TS2.

We got an acoustic guitar which we never had at all in either Sims or Sims 2 even with CC.

They are simply giving us different base game items this time. The rest will come back with EP's /SP's after all we already have the Electric guitar back with the first SP, along with aquariums, and the heart shaped bed (which btw we didn't see until AL with TS2), and via promos and the store we have the Old Town Cafe set, the lips sofa, and the majority of the Happy Holiday Stuff, as well as the Castle Set, the Storybook Set and the Asian Fusion set.

While I can understand complaining about glitches (ahem "features") and problems with the patches, it is not use to complain about what the game didn't come with, because the base games for both Sims 1, and Sims 2 didn't come with a lot of stuff, it is just they simply chose to give us different stuff this time. Also we have always had to wait for some things to be released with EP's/SP's and had to pay for them because EA has always done things this way.

While there are things that I miss, honestly the bugs and glitches that are having to be ironed out because the game is less than a year old bother me more, and even if there is some content that EA doesn't give us back (e.g. pianos) sooner or later some modder will figure out how to add new music and animations to the game and make a piano (like Atavera did with the electric guitar that was released prior to Uni in TS2, or someone [I think] did with this magic mod that was released before AL ) and a violin or some of the other musical instruments.

There are new good features like the seamless neighborhood and CAS and I think everyone would agree with you that the number of patches just for the base game was ridiculous, not to mention all the problems caused by said patches. Still, people have a right to vent about their dissatisfaction with the content omissions and game play changes that occurred with TS3. I would never deny you the right to voice your complaints about the "glitches".

Having gardening is good but I find the animations a bit dull, don't you? It'd be nice if in future there was a farmer's market for the sims to sell their produce. (Rabbit hole stores don't cut it for me in terms of entertainment).

My main disappointment in TS3 is the changes in game play. I think it was Charming Firewaller who said it best when they said EA should have called TS3 "The Sims 3: Running Around and Picking Up Things That Don't Belong to You." OMG, that still makes me laugh out loud.

I think the cars are definitely a step backwards. In TS2 Sims could step in and out of their cars, listen to music, chat, make-out, and woohoo in their car (the steamy windows and rocking car animation were pretty funny). Now they just vanish in and out from somewhere on the sidewalk when in proximity to a car. They don't even walk all the way up to car. (WT...!)

Another way I think TS3 has gone backwards is in the path finding. Why the sims can't get around without often encountering some inane difficulty enroute is a mystery to me. The TS3 routing is the clunkiest yet.

The mummies are an interesting looking addition but I have yet to hear any really good uses of them in the game. I have seen a number of posts in TS3 forums where people have basically said "I made a mummy...now what?" In all fairness, WA is still pretty new so maybe some particularly fun player use of mummies will be revealed in future.

The acoustic guitar is fine but some people would have just preferred a piano. EA included an electric guitar in HEL which I thought was rather nervy of them to give us an instrument that we already had (acoustic or electric--a guitar is a guitar--if you can play one than you can play the other) and then not even include new music for it! Someone at MATY got HEL early and said the songs were the same and the music even sounded the same but with an "electric buzz".

People had expectations of certain TS3 content because of precedents EA themselves set with TS1 and TS2 base games and when EA decided to omit them in TS3 simmers were surprised and disappointed. These are very popular items people are talking about being left out--it's not like EA omitted the food processor or some such ignorable item.

You're right that EA has always done it this way but that doesn't mean everyone has to like it or accept it quietly. My hope is that EA will release a Superstar type EP for TS3 and that will include the much missed piano as well as a bevy of other instruments and music/performance related activities and animations.

Funny, you mentioned violin--that was my favorite instrument in TS2 and I even had one for TS1 but I don't remember who the clever soul who made it was.

It'd be nice to get a violin in future, wouldn't it?

Scholar
#111 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 6:55 PM
Default Me too!
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Personally, I would rather see a full band including a singer done all at once (similar to University, but adding a singer) so sims could have proper bands and play together like they did in TS2. I think if instruments trickle in with EPs/SPs/store stuff, they won't be tied together and, while cool, won't really be as neat as they could be if they went ahead and did them right. With each new game in the series, we kind of go back to basics - it can be annoying, but as long as they add on to it in a reasonable fashion that adds to the gameplay, I get it - the cash cow, she is a-mooin'.

I want to see sims perform! Bands, Singing, Dancing, Acting...
Scholar
#112 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag

Oh, and I do think the lack of car-related animations is a big step backward. Lazy much?

Edited to add: Regarding facial hair, I wish there's a transparency/thickness slider for stubble.

Yeah, diving boards with multiple great dive animations.

Regarding any thing to do with creating sims I probably will never be satisified now that I've seen the APB capabilites. If you haven't seen this check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icR3LtEMvZI

To me its amazing! I want to be able to have this sort of customization in sims even though I know we'll probably never get it ( ). I'm sick with envy.
Field Researcher
#113 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christx101
I don't want another seasons I can imagine it would cause alot of lag considering weather would be allover the neighborhood.Instead of just on the lot you load like in TS2.

Seasons and weather are probably two of the biggest things I miss from TS2 and its expansions right now. But, yeah, weather probably wouldn't give much love to people running the game on lower-end systems. Unfortunately, because of this, I somewhat suspect that we won't see seasons and weather until somewhat late in the TS3 cycle.

So I'm like, "Cool! What should I get? Brain in a jar... monkey's paw... ooh, pie!"
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 7:48 PM
One thing I've learned about the Sims community is this: A lot (not all) users have no patience.

When Sims 2 came out, there was no weather, no pets, no vacations, etc, etc. It was pretty much like the base TS3 game. And I'm SURE when TS2 came out, people missed things from TS1.

Christydoll, what are your system specs? I'm just curious to know. I like hearing what kinds of computers people use to play TS3.

How many YEARS did it take to include all that stuff in Sims 2? How many expansion packs and stuff packs did it take? TS3 hasn't even been out for a year and we've already got an expansion pack and stuff pack.

I guess what I'm saying is give it time. It will get there, but you have to be patient.
#115 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 7:49 PM
Yeah, diving boards with multiple great dive animations.

Regarding any thing to do with creating sims I probably will never be satisified now that I've seen the APB capabilites. If you haven't seen this check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icR3LtEMvZI

To me its amazing! I want to be able to have this sort of customization in sims even though I know we'll probably never get it ( ). I'm sick with envy.

Hey, don't worry. Some of that has been made possible by modders on this site. Remember Delphy's boob thingy? And someone made facial sliders too. And perhaps not being able to customize our sims in that way is a blessing in disguise.

I mean, EA gave us those cool features in CAS but took away a lot of things from the base game. Imagine what we'd have left if they had given us the option to modify breast size and height. They'd probably take away a life stage or musical instruments altogether and use the advanced customization as an excuse.

Quote: Originally posted by candy1985
I guess what I'm saying is give it time. It will get there, but you have to be patient.

I see where you're coming from but should we have to wait for features that have existed previously? Why does the game have to be stripped down and built from the ground up every single time? Will the Sims 4 get rid of recolors because of some other nifty feature they come up with?

It just doesn't seem like the same game in that way. As I've said before, if they want the seamleass hood feature, recolors and goal-oriented play, they could have given the game a different title in order to lower expectations from fans of TS1 and TS2.

If they hadn't called it the Sims 3, we wouldn't be expecting it to have what the other two had.
Field Researcher
#116 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 7:53 PM
Seasons and weather are probably two of the biggest things I miss from TS2 and its expansions right now. But, yeah, weather probably wouldn't give much love to people running the game on lower-end systems. Unfortunately, because of this, I somewhat suspect that we won't see seasons and weather until somewhat late in the TS3 cycle.

Yes seasons was my favorite expansion pack aswell,I just worry what type of lag it would cause on TS3 since the neighborhood is set up so different.I have a new computer updated graphic card And I still wonder how well it would run and how EA would set that up.

Its a big difference having snow on one lot versus the whole neighborhood at the exact sametime.
Banned
#117 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 8:15 PM
Why does the game have to be stripped down and built from the ground up every single time? Will the Sims 4 get rid of recolors because of some other nifty feature they come up with?

You've asked this repeatedly and you have been answered repeatedly... There is far too much to include at once, things have to be reworked and made more efficient, all sorts of reasons.

And I believe I also responded to that reasoning in that last sentence, but maybe not- that's a fallacious point. "They took out a couple things, therefore the next game will take out something major" is just plain not appropriate reasoning at all. It's also really hyperbolic, which just makes it worse. It's not a good way to argue your point with such things.

It's either a slippery slope or composition. Most definitely slippery slope.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fall...pery-slope.html
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fall...omposition.html

Or even misleading vividness

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fall...-vividness.html

I'd recommend reading the examples of all fallacies, just so you can argue things better in the future.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

I'm looking for an emoticon that would say "This is a positive post with constructive things in it" so I dont get in trouble or misunderstood but I cant find one so I'll just go with the bunny
Banned
#118 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christx101
Yes seasons was my favorite expansion pack aswell,I just worry what type of lag it would cause on TS3 since the neighborhood is set up so different.I have a new computer updated graphic card And I still wonder how well it would run and how EA would set that up.

Its a big difference having snow on one lot versus the whole neighborhood at the exact sametime.

The snow actually spread throughout the entire visible neighborhood- that is, the texture of initial snowfall, and the 'mesh' of heavy snowfall, I believe. The only difference was you weren't walking through it at all times.

I can imagine in TS3, weather will work the same, and the only difference will be the draw distance of things like water droplets or hail hitting the ground. It'll probably still be an effect layered over the screen instead of actual raindrops, and when coupled with fog and lighting effects, it'll appear much more realistic and appropriate.

But still relatively light on graphics processing.
Field Researcher
#119 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
I see where you're coming from but should we have to wait for features that have existed previously? Why does the game have to be stripped down and built from the ground up every single time? Will the Sims 4 get rid of recolors because of some other nifty feature they come up with?

Well, in all fairness, getting rid of recolors is a pretty different order of change from, say, not including pianos. That'd be more like getting rid of aging or getting rid customizable heads for sims.

I liked the piano and would like to have seen it in the TS3 base game. At the same time, the guitar in TS3 is the best implementation of a single instrument in the Sims series. A piano AND a guitar would have certainly have been nice. But a guitar for which a Sim can learn a number of different songs and which the Sim can pull out of his or her butt on a community lot is a definite step forward from previous Sims instruments.

I think the cars are definitely a step backwards.

Cars have been a bit of a disappointment. It's almost like they knew they had to have them for the seamless neighborhood so that Sims wouldn't have to take taxis everywhere, but they weren't willing to commit to a really good implementation (you know, like cars that could be properly entered and exited, that could actually move from the parking space to the street, and that could be woohoo'd in). I almost wished they'd just held off on them altogether and given us more substantial cars in a later expansion.

#120 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 8:59 PM
Why does the game have to be stripped down and built from the ground up every single time? Will the Sims 4 get rid of recolors because of some other nifty feature they come up with?

You've asked this repeatedly and you have been answered repeatedly... There is far too much to include at once, things have to be reworked and made more efficient, all sorts of reasons.

And I believe I also responded to that reasoning in that last sentence, but maybe not- that's a fallacious point. "They took out a couple things, therefore the next game will take out something major" is just plain not appropriate reasoning at all. It's also really hyperbolic, which just makes it worse. It's not a good way to argue your point with such things.

It's either a slippery slope or composition. Most definitely slippery slope.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fall...pery-slope.html
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fall...omposition.html

Or even misleading vividness

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fall...-vividness.html

I'd recommend reading the examples of all fallacies, just so you can argue things better in the future.

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

I'm looking for an emoticon that would say "This is a positive post with constructive things in it" so I dont get in trouble or misunderstood but I cant find one so I'll just go with the bunny

Actually, that was a rhetorical question. I was suggesting that since they were willing to exclude a lot of features from the previous base games to make room for the creme de la creme of the Sims 3 (seamless hoods, CAST), they may be likely to conveniently forget to add certain elements from the Sims 3 if they were to release the Sims 4 with something even better (seamless aging perhaps?).

My slippery slope may not be appropriate for such an argument but neither is that bunny which may die of exhaustion. You know, from all the hopping.
Instructor
#121 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I don't think the game should go back to square one each time anyway, they could have put in all the stuff we had by the time Sims2 had all its EPs, and World Adventures would *still* have added something new. There is still new stuff that can be added, they don't have to strip it all out just to be able to put it all back.

True, but you know EAxis -- they aren't going to do something "that makes sense". Instead they want to do "exactly" what they did with the sims 2, to ensure they can throughly milk the-cash-cow.

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
Instructor
#122 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 9:11 PM
Cars have been a bit of a disappointment. It's almost like they knew they had to have them for the seamless neighborhood so that Sims wouldn't have to take taxis everywhere

Not to mention, the fact that if the sim's destination is a certain distance away -- they don't jump in their car, 2 feet away, and drive there. No, instead they call a stupid taxis.

Wasn't the whole point of adding cars to the game--soley for not having to take the taxis or carpool--besides "just having them" in-game or "the aestetics" of owning a car?

All TS2 Downloads Link
Banned
#123 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 9:12 PM
Sims *do not ever* call a taxi if they have a preferred vehicle and it is available. If yours do, you have some sort of mod conflict.
Instructor
#124 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 9:31 PM
Sims *do not ever* call a taxi if they have a preferred vehicle and it is available. If yours do, you have some sort of mod conflict.

EDIT: I meant to say that, if the destination is not beyond a certain distance -- that they would call a taxis.

In a vanilla-unpatched basegame [no-custom content,no patches, etc (a patch may have fixed it)] that IS what would happen.

You can check out this download, that modifies this, for an example of what I am talking about -> Drive your own car

EDIT2: My point about it is, that EA should have allowed a sim to drive the car they own, regardless of the distance to the destination; also, when owning a car -- the carpool shouldn't show up either -> just like in TS2.

All TS2 Downloads Link
Forum Resident
#125 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 12:50 AM
Quote:
I don't think the game should go back to square one each time anyway, they could have put in all the stuff we had by the time Sims2 had all its EPs, and World Adventures would *still* have added something new.

I believe this has been said before by other posters, but...
Putting all of the stuff from Sims 2 base + EPs into the Sims 3 base?
Are you kidding? Let's be realistic. The Sims 2 came out in 2004. AL, it's last expansion, came out four years later. It took four years to get all of that stuff. Would the community really have been willing to wait that long--maybe longer--for the next Sims installment? Sometimes it feels like the fanbase is this...insatiable creature that can't be satisfied.

Or maybe I'm just being neurotic.
Page 5 of 21