Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
#176 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 8:06 AM
Yes, some of that polka dot kitty crap. I wasn't asking you, anyway. With the new CAS, that option will likely be there, anyway, so that sucks for you.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#177 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starved4pizza
Yes, some of that polka dot kitty crap. I wasn't asking you, anyway. With the new CAS, that option will likely be there, anyway, so that sucks for you.

you don't have to ask me for a silly request to get shot down. I do that for free
creating a style for a collar or neckerchief seems reasonable, but to color your pet just seems...awful. Even though I'm sure you're right on the fact that EA will likely add this feature, I personally hope against it. Anyway, someone will probably make a mod for it, where you have a choice of whether or not you would like that feature in the game
Forum Resident
#178 Old 1st Oct 2010 at 2:14 PM
I actually did make alien cats in sims2 that were weird colors. Don't remember how I did it though. They were pets of a man who had been impregnated by an alien during an abduction. They "showed up mysteriously" after his twins were born. That was a great family - all three of them were insane - I should play sims2 this weekend and see how they're doing. So I'd actually like to be able to CAS my pets. I could get even better alien cats and dogs in sims 3.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Test Subject
#179 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 8:01 AM
pet sims 3
Is it possible to have dragon in a futur sims 3 as a pet ?
Field Researcher
#180 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Akila12
Is it possible to have dragon in a futur sims 3 as a pet ?

That would be awesome. But I doubt it.
Inventor
#181 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 1:29 PM
I have always liked the bird pet idea, but the birds left something to be desired, IE life past the first day. In my childhood I met a Scarlet Macaw named Cluck-Cluck, and one day as a married adult I was shoping in Provo Ut and Cluck-Cluck flew out of the pet shop he was living in and landed on my head. I had not seen him in more than 15 years yet obviously he remebered me and I sort of remembered him. Macaws can live for 40+ years and though I handled him a lot as a child I was amazed that he remembered me. I was only 4 or 5 when I handled him. If they do pets I hope that the bird experience can be more realastic.
Inventor
#182 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 1:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WoohooAndTheCity
Would you rather discuss shiny white behinds?

Isnt that the Playgirl Software? it looks very Sims2-ish.
Field Researcher
#183 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 2:07 PM
*Puts on little kid face, with sparkly eyes* I wants... a monkey, and a pony, and a kanagroo, and a huge tank that can be placed on community lots that has a trainable Dolphin or Killer Whale inside! And the job can be like the open jobs for ambitions... Oh and dung beetles for my nerdy sims!

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Test Subject
#184 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 2:15 PM
I'd love chickens. Make little chicken runs etc. I think instead of a Pets expansion there should be like a 'Wilderness' expansion, or a 'Farm Yard' expansion. I mean, Pets has been done twice now, it's getting old, but if there was a Farm Yard expansion then there could still be dogs and cats but there'd also be pigs, sheep, cows, ducks etc and it's give the option to live off the land or whatever, I can see the lifetime achievement now...

I also think it'd bring some pretty awesome content into the game, a new farm town, barn houses, new growable items, tools for plowing and so on, countrified furniture. I think that'd be awesome.
Theorist
#185 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 4:42 PM
I'd like penguins and wallabies. Most of all, I'd like a dingo that eats babies.

Resident wet blanket.
Instructor
#186 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 7:31 PM
obviouly cats and dogs but I also would like some more intresting pets. I also saw the idead for a zoo and think iyt would be cool if it happend and it would be cooler if you could steal an animal from the zoo and smuggle home a zebra but thats wishfulthinking.

Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I'd like penguins and wallabies. Most of all, I'd like a dingo that eats babies.

I don't want my babies being eaten but I would adore a penguin for some of my more interesting sims. It would be quite intresting.
Instructor
#187 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 7:50 PM
Beside the common pet like cat and dog, my wish list are......

Monkey (like in TSS Castaway)

Panda/bear or Koala

Horse (and we can ride it)

Snake

Birds (many kind of birds)

Lion and Tiger (:D)

Guinea Pig or Hamster
Banned
#188 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 7:58 PM
Keep dreaming. But speaking in hypotheticals, I'd like:

Dogs
Cats
Turtles
Field Researcher
#189 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 9:40 PM
It's so obvious that typical pets like cats and dogs will be included that there's hardly any need to ask for them. What I would like to see (and yes, I am serious) is:
* Snake
* Wolf (will be content with a Husky that can be recoloured to a wolf)
* Walrus
* Octopus

Honestly, I would have a pet octopus myself in real life if they lived longer than 2 years . They are so intelligent!

(Ancient) Sims 2 stories | Adventurous, Bookworm, Eco-Friendly, Genius, Over-Emotional
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 11:02 PM
For typical pets I would like cats, dogs, rabbits, and birds.

If Pets were its own expansion and needed a larger central theme, then I would want either zoo animals or farm animals.

For zoo: a few nicely represented weather regions like a snowy area which would have polar bears, penguins, and sea lions, then a safari type area with elephants, lions, gazelles, then a forested area for things like bears, wolves, deer, etc.

Interactions would probably be limited unless you had an animal-related career.

This could open up a zoology career and a few zoo caretaker/trainer related ones, and maybe something with ecology.

For farm: Cows, goats, sheep, horses, ducks, pigs, chickens, and llamas.

The careers would be [obviously] farmer, veterinarian, and professional breeder. There could also be a new rabbit hole for a state fair.

Mythical pets would be cool but I don't see it easily fitting into the current game, it seems like we would have to get Pets first and then a Magic type expac would give us new mythical pets.
Field Researcher
#191 Old 8th Mar 2011 at 11:55 PM
I want an unicorn. And a T-Rex.
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 12:07 AM
Rats!!! I kept them as pets and I loooovvve them!!!
Forum Resident
#193 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 1:12 AM Last edited by LoonehWannabe : 9th Mar 2011 at 1:53 AM.
Koala Bears They're fracking adorable and could easily fit into a zoo or, for rich Sims, families. They could eat leaves and can ride on a Sim's back.
Inventor
#194 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 5:33 AM
I would like:

Cats
Dogs
Horses
Rats
Ferrets
Hamsters
Alchemist
#195 Old 9th Mar 2011 at 6:19 AM
i would only want pets at all if EA didnt make them more annoying and labor-intensive than they are in the real world.

i dont know about you folks, but i spend a lot more time playing with, cuddling, observing, and "talking" to (you know--silly goo-goo 'conversations') my cat than cleaning up his messes or telling him not to shred things. maybe ive just been lucky, but every cat or dog ive owned thus far in my life havnt been THAT difficult to train.
(also super annoying when you have to drop your sims' shower to go chide the cat, and then its time for work and they go off smelly and unhappy and miss the promotion ._. and then dear charming Mittens turns around and destroys 3 pieces of expensive furniture while theyre at work.)
all my cats ever did in sims 2 were eat, play on the kitty tree, sleep in the kitty tree, poop, and eat more. all the dogs ever did was chew on the squeaky toy, sleep, eat, and dig holes.

oh, and very few dogs ive met have tried to dig up my yard unless they were severely neglected or running rampant in the neighborhood.
i hated always having to fence off my sims' homes just to keep the stray mutts (which seemed to appear far too frequently for my liking) off my dirt so my sim wouldnt have to spend an entire evening filling in holes in their yard. >:|
(ive got a yard of diiirt~ ive got a yard of diirt~ and guess what's NOT inside it~~...)

plus, my cat actually DOES things. he hunts. he greets me when i get home. he knows how to open doors (using the KNOB--scary, huh?). he hides in the nooks and crannies of my home, and its a pleasant surprise to find him laying atop a mountain of fresh clean laundry looking all cozy and cute. xD he even knows how to play tag and peekaboo with me. hes a smart pet, and im sure im not the only one who felt disappointed that the pets in sims seemed very... ehh... well, lets just say they led incredibly simple lives. >_>

sims 2 & 1 pets felt mechanical. mechanical, and annoying. if they do pets again, i hope to hell we have more fun/cute options for them, like having the pet lay in your sims lap while your sim reads a book or newspaper, or having dogs be able to guard your home from burglars (hells yeah!), or reaping a special "comforted" moodlet from cuddling the pet. and leashes! i want leashes. i always thought it was incredibly bizarre for a sim to walk their dog without a leash. what if it saw a bunny and ran out into the road? god, thatd be a horrible pop-up to receive. x_X

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#196 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joof
I agree that more of the smaller animals would be nice, and add more realism to the game. But it would be nice to have stranger animals too, that not very many people own as pets. I think The Sims 2 Pets failed in this aspect.. there wasn't enough choice, and there weren't enough "quirky" animals. The dragon from Making Magic was a pretty fun pet, in my opinion, and more entertaining to have than the cats and dogs.
One of the things that bothered me, though, was that when all your sims were asleep except for your pet, the game would not automatically go into ultra speed. Seeing as I had very limited control over the pet anyway, and couldn't direct it to do a lot of things, I would have appreciated the auto ultra speed.
Anyways, back on topic.. I'd really like to see farm animals! I know some people think that would be out of place, but I always make at least one "farm lot" in my game, and it'd be nice to have some farm animals to go with all the crops. Especially cows and horses.
Oh, I'd like to see llamas, too, just because that's something I've come to associate with the Sims.

Yeah, i would love to see llamas in sims 3!
Top Secret Researcher
#197 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alphino
Yeah, i would love to see llamas in sims 3!

How is llama going to fit in? Ceiling is not high enough for once.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
#198 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 11:15 AM
Horses (rideable)
Dogs
Cats
Reptiles
Farm animals: cows, goat, pigs, chickens, rooster, mouse or rats
Bunnies

I would love to play farming and build a huge farm in sims 3. Farmer would be a new job career .
Forum Resident
#199 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 4:57 PM
First, what Suicidia Paradisia said.

My dachshund will climb into my lap and then put her paw up on my computer in that oh-so-cute, "Hey, I'm adorable! Stop playing with that stupid machine and pet me already!"

We have a front door which is mostly glass, and whenever she hears the garage door, she scampers to the front door and sits waiting to see whoever's returned home. And then she jumps and dances when we enter. It's sooooo cute.

She'll also pause when I give her a command as if she's trying to decide if she's in the mood to fetch or not. The expression on her face is priceless. Too funny.

She'll be told no by me and then try to play up to my hubby to get him to say yes, just like a toddler kid will do.

When she realizes I'm going out, she'll sit in my lap as I'm putting on my shoes and try to keep me from going... or compel me with her cuteness to take her. Doesn't usually work, but she still tries.

I once had a cat who was an excellent mouser. When we watched "Tom and Jerry" cartoons, she'd intently watch Jerry, and whenever he ran off the screen, she'd start looking at the side of the TV to find him. She'd even jump on top of the TV and look from above for him!

Maybe include a grooming function, where bonding occurs between owner and pet. Plus both get a moodlet for the pet looking good.

Agility training.

Inventors being able to invent new items like ball launchers that the pets can use to play fetch while the family's away.

Pets which get scared of thunder/lightening and want to snuggle up in your lap (or hide under a bed) for protection from the storm.

So, yeah... more realistic pet interactions would be much appreciated. And less destructive wild, mean dogs.

As for what pets I'd specifically like to see: Dachshunds and other short legged/long-bodied breeds. Would be great if, among all the sliders, they included one to lengthen/shorten the legs and another to lengthen the bodies.

Trainable birds.

NPC farm animals like sheep, goats, chickens, cows. Maybe different breeds within each animal type, instead of generic ones. But I doubt EA would give us these...

If we get pest animals like raccoons, then it would be good to have animal control positions for our Sims, so the towns don't get overrun with pests.
Mad Poster
#200 Old 30th Apr 2011 at 6:16 PM
Would love farm animals in the game. I do enjoy playing country styled homes with gardens full play areas for the kids, and have the kids do chores, like feeding the animals and helping with the upkeep. I was born in the city, but loved going to visit my southern, country families and playing with the animals. We had horses, but the stables were in the unincorporated part of the city, so I could only go with my father and do my bit in caring for them on weekends. I do love to ride and every so often go to those parts of my hometown and ride a bit. I would really get a thrill seeing my sims do the same.

I hope the video is true about Unleased. I would enjoy seeing deer run through my sim's yard, eating the garden (I know it will irritate me after a while) drinking from the pond and disappearing in the woods out back. Want some exotic pets this go round too.

Forgot to say, would love more pests in the game. I want sloppy houses to get mice, roaches, etc. and the pet cat would get rid of them in their own way. I miss that from Sims 1. Right now my sim houses are too perfect, even the sloppy ones.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Page 8 of 10