Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#351 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alundra
Here's a couple of mine :D

What...

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#352 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 10:13 PM
I'm getting mildly tired of cancelling one action from my Sim's queue and having them disappear from my household entirely, yet still be listed as alive, just..non-interactable. That, and switching from one household to another to find that my previous main Sim has married the guy she had declared a nemesis WEEKS ago. Nevermind the fact that I could not break them up without using the MasterController.

aaargh Sims. y u do dis 2 me
Lab Assistant
#353 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 11:32 PM
i'm having a very frustrating problem! i queue actions for my sims and they take forever inbetween them! like my sim will eat his cereal, then stand up with "go to work" queued and just....wait. for a full sim hour. then finally change into his uniform and then complain because the car pool has gone.
its not just going to work either, it seems to happen randomly. one of my sims was supposed to feed her hungry newborn but she stood still for almost 2 hours, letting the poor little baby starve! if not for the fact that motives go down and i can see the clock moving, i'd think it had crashed, there's no idle animations or thought bubbles, just frozen.
i deleted cache files and tried running without cc and it didn't help. i've actually gone back to playing sims 2, just because i'm frustrated with sims 3! players shouldn't need to invent a billion mods to fix things EA have muffed up! grgh!
Lab Assistant
#354 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 6:23 PM
Though I lost the screenshot when I had to restart my computer, I had a pretty creepy glitch. I clicked on a wall (I have several Twallan mods so it let me) and as usual, my active sim's head popped up. However, when I tried to click away, the head stayed and stopped following the cursor. It was just my sim's disembodied head, still blinking, staring at me and nothing I did (except restarting) made it go away. I haven't had any problems since, thank goodness.
Lab Assistant
#355 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 9:06 PM
One of the guests at my wedding party started to throw confetti at 11 a.m. and finished at 3 a.m. the next day.
Lab Assistant
#356 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 8:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Vetinari
One of the guests at my wedding party started to throw confetti at 11 a.m. and finished at 3 a.m. the next day.

they were really happy for the married couple, obviously. and had a lot of confetti to get rid of.

<- My Simself, Kelly Ovenden. Life Stage: YA Traits: Computer Whiz, Bookworm, Couch Potato, Grumpy, Nurturing
http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Lady_Kombucha/mystudio
Forum Resident
#357 Old 21st Oct 2011 at 2:23 PM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 21st Oct 2011 at 4:09 PM.
I was seriously pissed when I found out that you couldn't adopt a sim older than the child stage (when I wanted a young adult). So I aged Esmerelda up in CAS...but when she hasn't been directed to do tasks she...reverts...to whatever this is...

Vampire version!

Scholar
#358 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 11:15 PM
I put this in the funny/blooper forum, but I guess I should have put it here. Oh well

My graphics card REALLY doesn't like Pets, so I have some hilariously mutant pets. It's funny, it would be much funnier if it wasn't happening to me.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#359 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 3:35 AM
Apparently the hay on the outside of the bale just isn't good enough.

Lab Assistant
#360 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 2:14 AM
Blacked out sinks when I put them on a counter. I'm guessing it's the thing where you need to update them for pets, but it's not involving custom items, but counters and sinks that came with the game... Another one I noticed while remodeling one of my bars is that the bar stool goes IN the bar. It doesn't happen with all the bars and stools, and again it might be related to them needing updating with pets... I'll check to see if they are custom ones or ones that came with the game later on.
Test Subject
#361 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 1:23 PM Last edited by itdan2 : 7th Nov 2011 at 1:56 AM.
Default Pool Ripples outside of pool
I was playing a sim and decided to check out the community pool. He went there and got in and was swimming around. Then as usual a bunch of sims started to swarm in. about half of them got into the pool, and the other half kinda stood around. My sim got out of the pool on his own and stood there. I realized he still had the pooL ripples around him even tho he wasn't in the pool. I made him change his outfit but the pool ripples didn't go away! Hah!
Screenshots
Inventor
#362 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 10:56 PM Last edited by GigaRevival : 7th Nov 2011 at 5:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by itdan2
I was playing a sim and decided to check out the community pool. He went there and got in and was swimming around. Then as usual a bunch of sims started to swarm in. about half of them got into the pool, and the other half kinda stood around. My sim got out of the pool on his own and stood there. I realized he still had the poo ripples around him even tho he wasn't in the pool. I made him change his outfit but the pool ripples didn't go away! Hah!

Funniest misspelling/forgotten letter in a word, I've seen in a while.

"Goonies never say die."
Test Subject
#363 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GigaRevival
Funniest misspelling/forgotten letter in a word, I've seen in a while.

lol... pretty funny
Test Subject
#364 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 4:51 PM

Bowling for babies? Infant clutches, the new accessory?
Test Subject
#365 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 7:54 PM
My two least favorite glitches are:

1) when my Sims' portraits and/or images when selected show up as the wrong life state. Having my children randomly revert to toddlers is a little mind-boggling.

2) The fact that, when your toddlers age up, it says "DURING your excellent parenting skills..." instead of "Due to..." The thing is, I'm pretty sure it wasn't always that way...

Don't get me wrong. They're funny, but only the first few times! :P
Field Researcher
#366 Old 17th Nov 2011 at 4:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
I was seriously pissed when I found out that you couldn't adopt a sim older than the child stage (when I wanted a young adult). So I aged Esmerelda up in CAS...but when she hasn't been directed to do tasks she...reverts...to whatever this is...

Vampire version!

i think you discovered El Chupacabra! there's got to be a prize for that. what kind of cookie would you like? i'm not the best baker, but i'll give it a shot.
Test Subject
#367 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 5:38 AM
This guy really, really wants to keep those pigtails.

All through his life, even as a kid, I'd spot him around town with a different girls hairstyle. I'd take him into CAS, give him a more manly style, then send him on his way. But yet again, here he is with those pigtails. You know, I'm just gonna let him be. Maybe I should give him a dress to go with the hairstyle... be free Marco... you can be yourself, whatever gender that may be... :p
Screenshots
Test Subject
#368 Old 3rd May 2013 at 1:00 PM
Another long standing Sims 3 glitch courtesy of EA
Quote: Originally posted by LadyKombucha
i'm having a very frustrating problem! i queue actions for my sims and they take forever inbetween them! like my sim will eat his cereal, then stand up with "go to work" queued and just....wait. for a full sim hour. then finally change into his uniform and then complain because the car pool has gone.
its not just going to work either, it seems to happen randomly. one of my sims was supposed to feed her hungry newborn but she stood still for almost 2 hours, letting the poor little baby starve! if not for the fact that motives go down and i can see the clock moving, i'd think it had crashed, there's no idle animations or thought bubbles, just frozen.
i deleted cache files and tried running without cc and it didn't help. i've actually gone back to playing sims 2, just because i'm frustrated with sims 3! players shouldn't need to invent a billion mods to fix things EA have muffed up! grgh!

I am beyond sick of this glitch (since Generations) that EA should have fixed already. Truly, Sims 3 would be nothing were not for the smart, dedicated modders who take the time to try to fix EA glitches and create mods that make the game truly more interesting and worth playing. In fact, EA should share their profits with modders because modders are the ones that boost the game to a worthwhile one. Again, without the mods, this game is boring and frustrating. Yet, I am tired of having to download mods to make EA Sims 3 playable and interesting. What am I paying EA for? A buggy product that they never get around to properly fix? They are all about "exciting objects, new worlds, and other stuff" instead of having at least a team dedicated to boosting performance and doing quality testing. So, LadyKombucha, I totally echo your frustration and disgust.

However, I believe that as paying consumers, we have the right to demand a better product from EA. They are not only making money from selling the base and extensions but also from selling content on their site and in game. Also, they used to give you free points as part of the reward for buying an expansion but now, they have become so greedy that you have to spend even more money buying points to get content (such as fantasy items, sets, premium, worlds, etc.) to enhance your sims and your own experience in game.

I think that instead of just complaining among ourselves, we should all send a letter of complaint and demand to EA (or post an online petition) for them to start fixing these glitches and other issues that can truly break your game or drive you up the wall consumed by frustration. They must start paying attention to quality and perfomance boosting without the need for third party mods to make this game worth buying and playing. Otherwise, they should reduce the price or refund the money! I find EA negligence totally disrespectful to consumers.

I am also considering sticking with Sims 2 rather than keep spending money on a faulty product as Sims 3 has become thanks to EA (Besides, Sims 3 is mostly a copy of Sims 2 and its extensions with enhanced graphics. There are very few new concepts in Sims 3 to make it more compelling than Sims 2 and more different).
One Minute Ninja'd
#369 Old 3rd May 2013 at 1:34 PM
Note to moderators. Can we PLEASE post a link in a blinking box at the top of every page with a link to posting rules regarding necro'ing old threads? It would really help unlcutter the first page of active threads.
Forum Resident
#370 Old 3rd May 2013 at 2:40 PM
Yes, she has the "neat" trait, but...
Scholar
#371 Old 3rd May 2013 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lenglel
Yes, she has the "neat" trait, but...
Well-played.

Necromancy still not kosher though.
One Minute Ninja'd
#372 Old 3rd May 2013 at 3:52 PM
See, thanks to the neat trait she's passing soap bubbles instead of "gas". What more could you ask for?
Lab Assistant
#373 Old 3rd May 2013 at 4:35 PM
If my brother farted soap bubbles, the entire house would be sterilized.

The Indiesine Legacy : featuring helpful tips, the best free CC, and elvish warrior princesses.
Alchemist
#374 Old 3rd May 2013 at 4:54 PM
It's a good thing this kind of thread doesn't go old with necro'ing, as this can keep going on. But just. this. one. time.
Top Secret Researcher
#375 Old 3rd May 2013 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
It's a good thing this kind of thread doesn't go old with necro'ing, as this can keep going on. But just. this. one. time.

Although the OMG WTF thread does kind of cover the same ground, let's face it...
Page 15 of 16