Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 1:44 AM
Default Minor Pet Spawners for CAW
I went ahead and made the minor pet spawners available in caw. Just make sure to drop these in your framework folder for caw to show up. Spawners included: birds, lizards, turtles, snakes, rodents, and the dog digsite.

Enjoy!
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Porphyria_PetSpawners.7z (1.3 KB, 1894 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Nov 2011 at 10:31 AM
Most useful, thank you!

Just for information, these show up in metadata as:

Lizard Spawner [number]
Large Bird Spawner [number]
Rodent Spawner [number]
Small Bird Spawner [number]
Snake Spawner [number]
Turtle Spawner [number]
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Nov 2011 at 1:18 PM
Is it possible to force spawning a particular species of rodents, eg. squirrels and/or chipmunks?

Thanks
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Nov 2011 at 2:35 PM
Thanks for this!

I ran some testing in my game to figure out which minor pets come from which spawner. I made sets with each numbered spawner for each pet. Thankfully, they spawned in an easy to understand way. The results are as follows:

Spawner 1 - Common
Spawner 2 - Uncommon
Spawner 3 - Uncommon
Spawner 4 - Rare

So any spawner with 1 - such as

I open my eyes and look to the blue sky. One day I'll have the wings I need to fly away from here.
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Jan 2012 at 2:04 PM
Framework folder? :P
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 4:46 PM Last edited by buxcosim : 21st Jan 2012 at 5:14 PM.
@Kawwah1985: Here's the Wiki Link for the framework folder instructions:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:CAW_Framework

EDIT:
@porphyria259: Thanks for making these available. What are the resource names for the spawners in the Deltabuild package? Unfortunately, 7zip does not play well with my system for whatever reason, so I've been trying to extract and edit the spawners myself, but I can't seem to find them. I've found just about everything else to do with minor pets (the rigs, the interactions, etc.), but not the OBJD's. (I'm supposed to be looking for them in the Deltabuild0 package, right? I've been going practically blind trying to find them with s3pe; even the search function didn't help.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 8:13 PM
buxcosim, they are in FullBuild0_p10.package:
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 4:01 PM Last edited by buxcosim : 25th Jan 2012 at 8:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
buxcosim, they are in FullBuild0_p10.package:
Thanks for getting back to me!

No wonder I couldn't find them - I thought they'd be in Deltabuild with the other spawners (rocks, gems, metals, beetles, butterflies, and meteors)!

EDIT: Okay, after a couple of false starts (yeah, um, I kept putting the package into My Documents/CAW instead of Program Files/CAW... ) I finally got them to show up in CAW (and they also work in EIG/World Editor)! Thanks for the help!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 1:26 PM
Anyone know what animals are spawned with which spawner?
Test Subject
#10 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 5:15 PM Last edited by ketlseythepuppy : 24th Nov 2012 at 5:28 PM.
Default This method has stop working for me
Is thier a new method for getting minor pets spawners into caw?
This old way has simply stop working for me.

Ok do not mess with congfig file but use this method with the resource fie. Now the spawners work agian
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=481967
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Apr 2015 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porphyria259
I went ahead and made the minor pet spawners available in caw. Just make sure to drop these in your framework folder for caw to show up. Spawners included: birds, lizards, turtles, snakes, rodents, and the dog digsite.

Enjoy!

is there a deer spawner at all?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Horsejumper29
is there a deer spawner at all?

I don´t think so. Correct me if i´m wrong, but as far as I know deers "are" NPCs.
Would be great to have at least a fog emitter code for deers like the shark.

Im not a native speaker
Scholar
#13 Old 2nd May 2015 at 6:46 PM
As far as I know, the horses, raccoon, and deer are created by the game and not included in any spawner.
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 7:17 AM
hey does anyone know where to find the spawners
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 7th Jan 2017 at 12:24 PM
There is a link in the first post which works fine for me.
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 1:38 PM
yeah i managed that just fine i meant in game sorry i should have been more specific
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:34 PM
Oh, sorry. They should show up in buydebug menu where the fish spawners are. Also as "landmark" in edit-town view.