Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#76 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 9:17 PM
This patch is sweet in Sunlit Tides <3 I JUST WANT SEASONS NOW GODDAMNIT!
Where's my M60E3? I'm going to Redwood City.

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 9:20 PM
Okay flame fanner... I hear there's a cheat to (re-)create thumbnails for anything in game... true?

@blewis - I give, installing as soon as I get home. There's enough to keep me busy building until mods are updated.

Oh, and thanks Zerbu!!
Mad Poster
#78 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 9:23 PM
I've used it, but I haven't really done much to it as I don't really know what it is lol

I clicked on it and it had 2 options. I clicked the bottom one and the came reset itself. I clicked the top one, and it gave me a text box - I wasn't fiddling with that lol

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#79 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I've used it, but I haven't really done much to it as I don't really know what it is lol

I clicked on it and it had 2 options. I clicked the bottom one and the came reset itself. I clicked the top one, and it gave me a text box - I wasn't fiddling with that lol

Probably a wise choice... :P
Scholar
#80 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ingefaer
Either pillowfighting has become the best thing since grilled cheese - or we have something that the patch has broken... CC-free game... My sim continues to roll the want to pillowfight (i've canceled 7-8 wishes for pillowfighting within the last few minutes)

I have noticed this alot lately too....when my sim gets too tired...that wish pops up ALOT
Scholar
#81 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 9:33 PM
Uh oh... A little trouble in paradise. Some users are experiencing difficulty using the diving board. Reports of the board hovering in the air and Sims resetting as they near the board...

From tweets from SimsPrograms and The Sims Style
Mad Poster
#82 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 9:42 PM
Usually I would wait until Master Controller was updated, but I'm sitting at home because of Sandy so I patched anyway, so I could see the ocean swimming and the diving board. Looks good.
Instructor
Original Poster
#83 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
Okay flame fanner... I hear there's a cheat to (re-)create thumbnails for anything in game... true?

Not for ANYTHING. But there's a program called The Sims 3 Upload Image Changer. Used by creators to make custom thumbnails for their creations like houses, clothes, accessories etc...
I'm not sure if we can create custom thumbnail for the blueprint mode though.

Fear is only in our minds ♡ Taking over all the time..❤
Field Researcher
#84 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 10:10 PM Last edited by CeJaye : 29th Oct 2012 at 10:41 PM.
I'm not altogether pleased with the blueprints. I like that EA included cheap stuff as well as more expensive options, but the sizes are just too big for me. There's no reason for my sims to have a 6x6 bedroom, (or 4x6 with a single bed) in my game, so I wish they would have let us create our own. I just can't stand all that wasted space.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
Scholar
#85 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 10:11 PM
I really love it when EA releases the patch early. By the time Seasons is out, most of my mods will already be updated (ones I can't live without, anyway) and I will be able to play right away.

Stay safe, east-coast simmers!
Mad Poster
#86 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 10:30 PM
Agreeing with aeval99, be safe RoseCity and all those in Sandy's path.

Chicago is getting the residuals, wind and chances of flooding.

Twallan said he will look at the changes tonight. If Overwatch and MC is updated, off to install.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#87 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 10:33 PM
Arrrrggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh............. *must not patch*
Test Subject
#88 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EsmeraldaF
The NoCD mod works fine with the new patch, it's never been patch dependent (at least, so far). But am eagerly awaiting the rest of the Twallan mod updates... <3

Have just patched and love being able to swim in the sea, and in ponds and lakes too - have been wanting to do that for a long time!

NOCD mod you say?

Well no one here would ever think of using that as a work around for a pirated copy...
Field Researcher
#89 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaximumPayne
NOCD mod you say?

Well no one here would ever think of using that as a work around for a pirated copy...

I have purchased the game, EPs and SPs I have, and I never play without the NoCD mod. The DVD player on my laptop is noisy and I prefer not having to deal with a disc whenever I want to play. Just sayin'.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 10:43 PM
SOME of the blueprints are very nice. The majority, sadly, a hideous. I really like the Country Kitchen. :D

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#91 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:11 PM
Wow, are they trying to drive me nuts? I just did a clean reinstall last night because 1.38 caused lots of freezing and crashing. Now I have to run the risk of that happening yet again, with a patch containing the crucial updates I've been waiting for, too... Oh, and we're likely to be losing power soon, so I'll be putting this off.
Mad Poster
#92 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsmeraldaF
The NoCD mod works fine with the new patch, it's never been patch dependent (at least, so far). But am eagerly awaiting the rest of the Twallan mod updates... <3

Have just patched and love being able to swim in the sea, and in ponds and lakes too - have been wanting to do that for a long time!

NOCD mod you say?

Ahem, that is absolutely NOT what I was saying or suggesting, at all. I use it for my legitimate, legally purchased DVD, for the convenience of not having to dig out and put my disk in the drive every time I want to run my game.

Quote: Originally posted by freelancergal
I have purchased the game, EPs and SPs I have, and I never play without the NoCD mod. The DVD player on my laptop is noisy and I prefer not having to deal with a disc whenever I want to play. Just sayin'.

Exactly this.
Forum Resident
#93 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:20 PM
I am downloading the patch now. Because I do make use of mods, I will wait to continue my games until Twallan has updated them. Just so when I buy Seasons, I can play it right away. :D

The Overlord Legacy - Taking over the world one generation at a time.
The Addison House - The reality show where eight contestants are crammed in one haunted house to survive.
Mad Poster
#94 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
SOME of the blueprints are very nice. The majority, sadly, a hideous. I really like the Country Kitchen. :D

From what I seen on the forums, I might still be required to build for my niece. She will not like it and will not figure out how to improve the rooms placement. Sigh.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#95 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:40 PM
Well that escalated quickly if you did not pirate the game fine but I don't how it takes so much effort to insert a CD/DVD into a drive. Also...

Quote: Originally posted by Sims 3 EULA
You may not otherwise copy, display, distribute, perform, publish, modify, or use the Software or any component of it.

Source: http://www.ea.com/1/product-eulas (look under The Sims 3)

If you're downloading a modified .exe and copying over the original then that is in violation of the The Sims 3 EULA which you accepted upon installation. I thought that illegal activity as not allowed here - which like or not breaking the EULA is.
Mad Poster
#96 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:43 PM
The NoCD mod is not what you think it is.

Why is the discussion about the mod a concern?

Lab Assistant
#97 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:49 PM
Have you noticed that the ice cream truck no longer parks in front of our sims' houses but in the car parks? Or was it like that from the beginning? xD
Test Subject
#98 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
The NoCD mod is not what you think it is.

Why is the discussion about the mod a concern?

It's not so much about the mod but the fact that the vast majority of the community is refusing to admit that it actually condones piracy or break the EULA. Whether you like big bad EA or not that's not an excuse to violate agreements you agreed too . Practice what you preach.
Field Researcher
#99 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:53 PM
If you're downloading a modified .exe and copying over the original then that is in violation of the The Sims 3 EULA which you accepted upon installation. I thought that illegal activity as not allowed here - which like or not breaking the EULA is.

Oh, hello there. Lovely weather we're having today, wouldn't you say? I bet I'll be able to harvest the beets next week. And the price of bananas, outrageous! But O'Malley said his horse isn't lame after all, so that's good.
Test Subject
#100 Old 29th Oct 2012 at 11:56 PM
Well that escalated quickly if you did not pirate the game fine but I don't how it takes so much effort to insert a CD/DVD into a drive. Also...

You're not copying over or replacing the .exe file. It's another modification which is put in the Packages folder.

That said I don't actually use the mod but I know what it does. I can understand not wanting to put the CD in the drive, especially if you want to use the drive for something else.
Page 4 of 14