Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#126 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 4:22 PM
Another trip to Hidden Springs. The Ruiz household wasn't too bad, but they also weren't that good, either.
The household was Carly Ruiz, a nanny left with Emmet and Jake Preston while their parents went on vacation. Besides new clothes, hairstyle, and makeup, I changed the skin ramp on all of them and fixed their eyes and lips. (and the eyebrows- I'm looking at you, Emmet!)

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 4:54 PM
I like how those Sims are still puddings, but like a puddinged-down version of regular pudding.

And now I'm hungry. Damn you, Sims.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Alchemist
#128 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 6:04 PM
The teen looks so cute! You actually gave him human-like features, I think EA couldn't decide between "permanently smiling" and "permanently frowning", haha.

I like it when I don't have to modify sims too much, aside from basic things like removing/adding makeup, changing hairstyle. It's honestly a bit sad to see so many sims with caked on makeup and such poorly defined features; it's likely due to the fact that EA didn't provide the sim creators with all the wonderful sliders and limit removers that simmers have. That's why they all come out looking so similar.

Sophie Dwyer, for example, is very lovely with a normal skintone and no makeup (I gave her green tips to stay true to her original look):

And as you can see, I hardly changed anything about Martin Eames either.
He already has nice features, but that pesky blue was getting in the way.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#129 Old 6th Mar 2016 at 12:42 AM
I made over a few more Uni Sims. I tried to make Ye Gangnam look more Korean, and less like Katharine Hepburn. Hannah Germanotta needed to look more Italian and stop dressing like someone's grandmother. Skip Taylor needed to drop the glasses and the creepy white outfit.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 3:58 PM
*eats cookie*
*om nom nom*

Manufactured Memoirs - a Sci-Fi sims tale
Scholar
#131 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 4:35 AM
Hey, I got a "disagree!" That's awesome! You like, me you really like me! BTW, that was not Ye Gangnam's final outfit, I based her off of Yuna and then forgot to take a picture of the final product. This is her finished face minus makeup, though.
Mad Poster
#132 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 6:42 AM
There should be a browser plugin that changes these dislikes into Loves - it's a better wording of the same thing.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#133 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 4:46 PM
The disagrees are really running rampant on this topic. But, nonetheless, I've decided to share the Song household makeover from Hidden Springs.
First the husband, Andrew. And you know what, EA, I may not have noticed the blush at first, but I sure as hell noticed the lipstick. Nice try, EA.

Then his wife, Jewel. She looks far more interesting with an edgy undercut, I think.

Bonus! Let's play a little game called, 'What color is Jewel's hair???'

Is it black with blonde highlights and eyebrows indicating she's a redhead, or a dark blue with tacky dark yellow highlights and ridiculous red eyebrows for no reason?
If you guessed the second one, you're right! Congratulations!!

(what the literal fuck, ea )
Mad Poster
#134 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 7:18 PM
We should be glad TS3 has CASt because clearly, we'd all be screwed if EA were the ones picking all the colours.

Actually, if TS4 had CASt and a half-decent lighting engine, I'd probably be playing that instead of TS3.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#135 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
We'd all be screwed if EA were the ones picking all the colours.

That should be a meme. Oh boy, I am going to enjoy this thread.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 1st May 2016 at 8:56 AM
I did more of Bridgeport's sims:

Jessica Talon

Matilda Smart

Jett Akins

Bronson Littler
Instructor
#137 Old 1st May 2016 at 4:54 PM
I forgot about this thread! Paused my current legacy and hopped over to Hidden Springs for some quick fun.
Okay EA, I get that you wanted Gabriela Ornales to look old for an adult, but is it really necessary? And I'm still shuddering at the godawful highlights.
Alchemist
#138 Old 1st May 2016 at 6:51 PM
More Dragon Valley makeovers, and for this post I chose some of the more subtle changes:

Shannon MacAnna was probably modeled after Galadriel, but she's almost transparent with all that white on her:

Siobahn Murphy also has very nice features that benefit from some light makeup:

Teagan MacAnna is supposed to be the dark counterpart to Shannon, I think, but she looks much prettier with a non-porcelain skintone:

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Instructor
Original Poster
#139 Old 14th May 2016 at 12:36 PM
I've been inactive for a while but I always love coming back and seeing what people have contributed :'D
Instructor
#140 Old 14th May 2016 at 3:59 PM
Revisiting Hidden Springs, I visited the Colby household for a quick makeover. Christoff looks a little more realistic after just widening his mouth and shifting the apex of his eyes.

And then his wife, Genevieve, actually looks quite pretty under the hideously applied makeup. The only facial feature I changed was slimming her cheeks and making her eyebrows look less evil. She looks luxurious and sophisticated now.
Mad Poster
#141 Old 14th May 2016 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Revisiting Hidden Springs, I visited the Colby household for a quick makeover. Christoff looks a little more realistic after just widening his mouth and shifting the apex of his eyes.

And then his wife, Genevieve, actually looks quite pretty under the hideously applied makeup. The only facial feature I changed was slimming her cheeks and making her eyebrows look less evil. She looks luxurious and sophisticated now.

I like Christoff's shirt. That's not EP content, is it?

insert signature here
Instructor
#142 Old 14th May 2016 at 6:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
I like Christoff's shirt. That's not EP content, is it?

Nah, I think it's from the store somewhere.
EDIT: it's the City Storm Casual Shirt
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 14th May 2016 at 7:07 PM
This thread is still alive?! :o

Manufactured Memoirs - a Sci-Fi sims tale
Instructor
Original Poster
#144 Old 14th May 2016 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cystr()city
This thread is still alive?! :o

IT IS NOW (the warning at the bottom wasnt there so therefore its ok >:0)
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 15th May 2016 at 8:38 AM
Oh hohohoho, I was born for this thread.
I'm currently on a mission to systemically redesign every single sim EA has ever made. I have finished Moonlight Falls and I have Lucky Palms queued up in my blog posts as I start work on Sunset Valley.
A couple of my favorites from Moonlight Falls, as it holds a special place in my heart.

Navita Singh
I really liked the way I managed to retain her long face but still made her pretty
And then we have Pip Goodfellow

I'm usually AWFUL at male sims, so when he turned out handsome I was stunned.

And since I also adore Lucky Palms, this is Marisol Loera

I think you can all tell by now I have a weakness for dark hair and eyes with strong eyebrows.

I post all my makeovers on my blog, with Moonlight Falls here and Lucky Palms here

Scarlett. 15. Sims obsessed. Mermaid at heart.
Alchemist
#146 Old 15th May 2016 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scarlotta
I think you can all tell by now I have a weakness for dark hair and eyes with strong eyebrows.

Thick eyebrows are the bomb, I love adding them to my sims <3

A few more from Dragon Valley, mostly getting rid of the weird colors.

Marian Hooley looks very nice with flowers in her hair and a little blush:

Same goes for Zoe Cromos, after getting rid of her impossibly thin and sharp nose bridge:

Corren Dwyer too, benefits from thicker eyebrows and a normal skintone:

The last two were aged up from kids, to check their genetics.

Instructor
#147 Old 16th May 2016 at 4:36 PM
I recently changed my simsona's hairstyle so I think I'll post her here once I have screenshots of her new hair plus the old style
Instructor
#148 Old 17th May 2016 at 9:51 PM
I recently changed my simsona's hairstyle from the Sophisticated Updo from the Jet Set store set to the Victorian-esque half-updo from Supernatural, which is a minor makeover but meh. She does have 4 different outfits in these before and after photos, so I guess it counts.
Before 1, wearing her formalwear, i think she had just given birth to that baby:

Before 2, pregnant by her husband Roger wearing a vintage sailor dress, belly being felt by her husband Charles II of Spain:

After 1, in her non-pregnancy Gothic Lolita everydaywear here, probably in her first trimester however, as she's nearly always pregnant:

After 2 and final, posing pregnant by her husband Dandy with him in her 50's housewife dress. BTW, the reason she has a monobrow is because she was originally the wife/biological long-lost sister of the twins from Superjail, if anyone's familiar with that show, she's still their sister but they're her exes now, I just keep the monobrow because it gives her a Frida Kahlo styled beauty to her, in my opinion.
Mad Poster
#149 Old 18th May 2016 at 1:16 AM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 3rd Oct 2016 at 3:26 PM.
Well now that we're posting our own Sims, obviously Amber's gotta be a part of this. Amber loves being part of things, and she's become damn good at it.

So here's late 2012 Amber:

Amber in early 2014:

Late 2014:

Then once again going for a completely different look, early 2015 Amber. This time around it's the same Sim but completely made over.

And eventually I stopped creating new saves, and with that different versions of existing Sims. I've had the same save since late 2014 and the people in it have gradually evolved to look more and more like their characters should. This is Amber in April of 2015, around the time that I figured it would suit her character better if I made her look less feminine.

Eventually I figured out how I could make her look more, you know, lesbian. Not the easiest thing to do but my perfectionism knows no reason. This is late 2015.

And eventually I had to start modifying stuff or creating new looks entirely, the vanilla game attire just wasn't doing it anymore. Suits are still a thing I want to have more options with, but I can't be bothered to create all the stuff I want. A three piece suit can't be hard; getting myself to make it can. Early 2016.

And here we are now. Far from perfect, but a little closer than ever before. Now it's just a matter of creating new and more suitable stuff. Most things I wanna do only involve mesh edits and basic texture editing, so it's not at all unrealistic. I think an untucked buttoned-up shirt with long sleeves is both easiest and most useful, so I'll try to get that done this week.

Edit late 2016: My old PC is dead, long live my new PC! All my Sim shots from here on are going to be in 4K, like this one of the Amber.

So I suppose that counts as a SimMakeover?

insert signature here
Page 6 of 6