Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 1:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
The cars in neighbourhood view turned on intersections at 60 km/hr.

Because speeding corners No death here ^^

Manufactured Memoirs - a Sci-Fi sims tale
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fulishagirl

a mod that lets you create your own supernatural sims (whether custom or of other actual creatures), or better yet, supernatural pets other than unicorns
replacement designs (like totally different looks from the norm) for imaginary friends

This! ^

With a bunch of sliders (both maxis and custom ones) for each aspect of a sims body, default skins, custom skins and visual overlays, one could create a race with specific set of genes, even the most unusual ones. It would be nice to add certain "special" interactions and abilities (probably hidden traits) to such sims and save them as another type of supernatural.

You could do it manually, but I would love to see a mod that enables it automatically in CAS.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 5:15 PM Last edited by HarVee : 5th Feb 2016 at 2:05 PM.
This isn't really a realistic mod per se, but one really wishes someone could figure out how to hack into the game or create a third party program that would allow users to easily add custom music to radio stations other than the custom station. Similar to how it was set up in TS2.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#29 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 5:39 PM
I wish that there was some sort of realism to the career system. It would make more sense if you didn't level up to the next career, but you actually applied for the job you wanted. You would click on the school. Click apply for job. Then choose which one you wanted like "middle school teacher". Then if you meet all the requirements (degree and/or skill) and your mood was high, and maybe you even 'gussied up' and 'brushed your teeth', then you would get the job. But if you don't meet the requirements and your mood is low then you don't. It has always bothered me that you can work your way up from a job a monkey can do to the highest level just by going to work.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 5:17 AM
I really wish they expanded on the backpacks that came with University Life- adding a storage function to them, and allowing more variations of bags like handbags and satchels.

It's because most people carry bags when they go outside.

I looked into cloning the backpack and replacing the mesh with a satchel/handbag, but that went nowhere.

Speaking of which, I really wish all cabinets had a storage function like the chests in World Adventures.
Instructor
#32 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 11:08 AM
Quote:
I really wish all cabinets had a storage function like the chests in World Adventures.

This. The complete lack of function is the reason why I basically never use overhead cabinets, as cool-looking as they sometimes are.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 3:00 PM
I think that is one thing that could be fixed- adding that function through a mod.
Instructor
#34 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 10:41 AM
This may not seem realistic but i think it would be interesting. I would like to see a mod or patch that would cause Fairy Sims to be the only supernatural sims normal sims would want to hang out with, since fairies seem friendly and are rarely depicted as monsters in books and films. It would be neat to see realistic reactions from other Sims if you say moved a family of vampires into the neighbor hood, or had a werewolf buy the building they work in. Most of the sims(Even the cowards who freak out from seeing Bonehilda)seem to not care when a supernatural is around and it seems to me that at least the cowards should be upset by this to the degree that if the supernatural sim was not very nice to them, they would freak out and move or even change jobs. What is more supernatural sims with the Evil trait could get a mood boost when this happens.

Well that is my idea any way, not sure how workable it would be.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Scholar
#35 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 8:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
This may not seem realistic but i think it would be interesting. I would like to see a mod or patch that would cause Fairy Sims to be the only supernatural sims normal sims would want to hang out with, since fairies seem friendly and are rarely depicted as monsters in books and films. It would be neat to see realistic reactions from other Sims if you say moved a family of vampires into the neighbor hood, or had a werewolf buy the building they work in. Most of the sims(Even the cowards who freak out from seeing Bonehilda)seem to not care when a supernatural is around and it seems to me that at least the cowards should be upset by this to the degree that if the supernatural sim was not very nice to them, they would freak out and move or even change jobs. What is more supernatural sims with the Evil trait could get a mood boost when this happens.

Well that is my idea any way, not sure how workable it would be.

You and I must read different books.

Fairies and witches are strongly chaotic forces in traditional stories. They act in their own interests outside the framework of "good and evil" for every story that fairies are "good" there are as many for them being strongly menacing or just plain strange. Witches are incredibly powerful and work towards their own ends sometimes they're "bad" and sometimes they're "good" but in folklore and fairy tales we don't really know why they're doing things. Fairies kidnap people, set traps, make bargains, and work within a framework completely unknowable by man. Witches can sometimes act in the same way as fairies in folklore, but it is important to note that witches are typically women living alone or travelling alone who appear old while fairies are a completely different species living in another world.

Most sims seem to not know when someone else is a supernatural, even when it would seem obvious to, us the player. I've seen my sims get the hunted moodlet, and get the wish to meet a vampire, but that wish hardly ever goes away when they meet one who is because they doesn't say, "Hello, I'm Jim the vampire, pleased to meet you." Honestly, I'd be more scared of fairies than any of the others. They're strong, have magical powers, are unpredictable, and can be active at all times of day. No thank you, I would plant lilacs at the corners of my property and arm myself with cold iron.
Instructor
#36 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 8:58 PM
Yeah there is that, so maybe fairies and witches should be included but in the modern popular culture I think the average unread person would be more scared of werewolves and Vampires since Hollywood has made witches and fairies the heroes of movies and fairy tends to be used as an insult in the UK, this doesn't imply that the average person is scared of them to me.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Instructor
#37 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 9:14 PM
Quote:
I think that is one thing that could be fixed- adding that function through a mod.

The first thought is to repoint the overhead cabinets to the treasure chest script class, but that's not going to work because the individual cabinet classes are not just for tuning purposes--they inherit from Cabinet which has stuff for positioning that's beyond my ken.

One way to do it might be to make a dummy treasure chest object that's allowed to intersect with cabinets and turns invisible in live mode. It can placed "inside" (as in overlapping) a cabinet in build/buy. When the player clicks on the cabinet in live mode, they'd trigger the treasure chest interactions. I have no idea how to mesh an object like that, though.

Hmmm... actually, perhaps a quick way to test this idea would be to MOO a storage container of some sort into the cabinet?
Scholar
#38 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 6:08 AM
Yeah there is that, so maybe fairies and witches should be included but in the modern popular culture I think the average unread person would be more scared of werewolves and Vampires since Hollywood has made witches and fairies the heroes of movies and fairy tends to be used as an insult in the UK, this doesn't imply that the average person is scared of them to me.

If you really want me to get scholarly about fairy tales, legend, folklore, and modern media, I would be amenable to that thread-jack. If you've got a couple of hours, check out tvtropes "Our Fairies are Different" and "The Fair Folk." Also of note that some urban fantasy gets so squishy about vampires that they aren't even frightening, it becomes like vegetarianism with a sunlight allergy and there's also some that return angels to their terrifying biblical roots. Every author has their own vision and it all shapes the reality we're collectively dreaming.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...iesAreDifferent
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheFairFolk
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 12:25 PM
* A realistic birth mod like the one for TS2...I detest that sparkly magical birth
* Mod that separates the Showtime singing skill from the singing career...not everyone with a good singing voice has a career in music & vice versa
* Fan/Aircondtioner/Cold beer from the fridge that can cool sims down the the summer...Don't think any object in game currently does this
Instructor
#40 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 4:54 PM
Quote:
Fan/Aircondtioner/Cold beer from the fridge that can cool sims down the the summer...Don't think any object in game currently does this

Do the ice-cream and popsicles from the ice-cream truck do that?
Alchemist
#41 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 5:26 PM
@EvilMcNastySim2015 - the beauty of folk tales is that supernaturals are often either really helpful, or really mean! I remember reading stories about vengeful and benevolent fairies, and of witches that either went out of their way to cause harm to people, or only caused harm when they weren't left alone - or even helped the heroes, though those tend to be called more "magic users" or "fairy godmothers" to separate them from the evil witches.

It would be cool if fairies could do more damage, though. And I would love it if witches were able to enchant objects - like having the more mischievous witches enchant sofas to float and shake when a sim sits down (kind of like when ghosts possess objects), or give off certain moodlets when in the room. Fairies' auras and their Bloom ability are awesome, though.

But these are hardly realistic mods How about having furniture wear down with time (get discolored, cracked) and eventually break down? Sims could either buy new one, or try to stitch the broken pieces into something usable (a Woodworking/Manufacturing skill would be great for this). Imagine using pieces from a coffee table to make dining chairs

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot

Only a parasol, eating a snow cone or having them go inside will help them with lowering their temperature.
The sunburnt effect can be removed by CTRL clicking the sunburnt moodlet to delete it (requires testing cheats enabled in Overwatch) or remove it with MC.
Weather environment might be the determining factor. Change the Settings in Retuner: From City Hall or a computer:
Retuner:Settings>General>By Tunable XML> Aims3.Gameplay.ActorSystems>SimTemperature>kTemperatureThresholdToGetSunburned / 110.0
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Butterbot

Hmmm...I'll have to check.
Instructor
#44 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
If you really want me to get scholarly about fairy tales, legend, folklore, and modern media, I would be amenable to that thread-jack. If you've got a couple of hours, check out tvtropes "Our Fairies are Different" and "The Fair Folk." Also of note that some urban fantasy gets so squishy about vampires that they aren't even frightening, it becomes like vegetarianism with a sunlight allergy and there's also some that return angels to their terrifying biblical roots. Every author has their own vision and it all shapes the reality we're collectively dreaming.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...iesAreDifferent
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheFairFolk

Yeah, good point. Thanks for the links. I like reading up on this kind of stuff, even though I don't know a lot about fairies.

I only ever watched the movie Twilight with the rifftrax but one of the things that got on my nerves from a story telling standpoint was that the vampires in that seemed to be able to live off of the blood of animals and didn't need to kill or turn humans in order to survive and reproduce. I have to ask then, where does the drama in the story come from? I mean in that case vampires are no worse then any human or animal that has to eat animals in order not to starve to death, so what is wrong with Bella being with a vampire again and why would they put themselves at risk by hunting humans when they could just drink animal blood and live off of animals like most people?

The interesting thing about fairies is that while most people have a friendly image of them thanks to Disney using Tinkerbell in their logo for so long if you look at her first movie she is kind of still a monster. I mean she tries to have Wendy killed in Peter Pan just because she thinks Wendy and Peter may get together at some point in the future despite the fact that they are both children and there is no way she and Peter Pan could be together. When you think about it that is pretty cold and scary right there.

My PC specs.
Instructor
#45 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 11:28 AM
I would like to see a mod where when it snows it takes sims longer to get to work because traffic slows down and they sometimes have to did their cars out of the snow and then will give them a negative moodlet. overall I would like all weather to have more of an impact on game play then it does at the moment.

If they ever do a weather based expansion pack for the sims 4 I hope they focus on bringing things like this into the game.

My PC specs.
Instructor
#46 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
@EvilMcNastySim2015 - the beauty of folk tales is that supernaturals are often either really helpful, or really mean! I remember reading stories about vengeful and benevolent fairies, and of witches that either went out of their way to cause harm to people, or only caused harm when they weren't left alone - or even helped the heroes, though those tend to be called more "magic users" or "fairy godmothers" to separate them from the evil witches.

It would be cool if fairies could do more damage, though. And I would love it if witches were able to enchant objects - like having the more mischievous witches enchant sofas to float and shake when a sim sits down (kind of like when ghosts possess objects), or give off certain moodlets when in the room. Fairies' auras and their Bloom ability are awesome, though.

But these are hardly realistic mods How about having furniture wear down with time (get discolored, cracked) and eventually break down? Sims could either buy new one, or try to stitch the broken pieces into something usable (a Woodworking/Manufacturing skill would be great for this). Imagine using pieces from a coffee table to make dining chairs

yeah good point.

I read up on this stuff when I have the chance and it seems to me that more and more folk tale creates are no different from aliens in SCi-Fi in that they tend to be one extreme of the other and they seem to reflect the hopes or fears of the person or culture telling the story.

Oh and I like the idea of stuff wearing out. That would make having a handy sim much more useful and if leaving stuff exposed outside could cause it to were out faster that would give the player more of a reason to expand the house so there is room to keep stuff inside as the game goes on.

My PC specs.
Test Subject
#47 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 1:07 PM
Hay guys somebody help me please,i wanna ask about Island Paradise,my mermaid sims is elder,why her tail not appear? Are somebody have a same problem with me? If you have solution please answer it,Thank you..
Scholar
#48 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 6:34 PM
Yeah, good point. Thanks for the links. I like reading up on this kind of stuff, even though I don't know a lot about fairies.

I only ever watched the movie Twilight with the rifftrax but one of the things that got on my nerves from a story telling standpoint was that the vampires in that seemed to be able to live off of the blood of animals and didn't need to kill or turn humans in order to survive and reproduce. I have to ask then, where does the drama in the story come from? I mean in that case vampires are no worse then any human or animal that has to eat animals in order not to starve to death, so what is wrong with Bella being with a vampire again and why would they put themselves at risk by hunting humans when they could just drink animal blood and live off of animals like most people?

The interesting thing about fairies is that while most people have a friendly image of them thanks to Disney using Tinkerbell in their logo for so long if you look at her first movie she is kind of still a monster. I mean she tries to have Wendy killed in Peter Pan just because she thinks Wendy and Peter may get together at some point in the future despite the fact that they are both children and there is no way she and Peter Pan could be together. When you think about it that is pretty cold and scary right there.

Check out TV Tropes "Our Vampires are Different" for more information, but keep in mind that most of the vampire mythos has been constructed over the past 150 years. The original folklore about vampires was that they're literally animated corpses that feed on the blood and flesh of the living, like zombies, but with a particular thirst for children and innocents. Since they were already dead, you couldn't kill them, just chop off their head, stuff the mouth full of garlic and impale the body on a spike through the heart. I believe in the Twilight universe, they can feed on animals, but it's not as nourishing for them. I think the bigger problem with Bella being with Edward has to do with vampires maintaining secrecy. I have not watched the movies or read the books because they don't appeal to me and I don't find the characters or world very interesting.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...resAreDifferent
Scholar
#49 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 10:00 PM
hm I'm not much into "The Dark World" thingie,* but most "believeable", consistent and so on version of these I've found in the 'ol good White Wolf rpg settings (from which The Masquerade: Bloodlines emerged for example). Playabe but not childish, "serious" enough to occupy, but no boring like typical "I'm in serious tooth pain situation" (precious acting of "eaten by vampire or elf-princess" something). I think it's a good start for create your own imagination. Or - at last - avoiding biggest pits of annoyance.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Scholar
#50 Old 27th Jan 2016 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
hm I'm not much into "The Dark World" thingie,* but most "believeable", consistent and so on version of these I've found in the 'ol good White Wolf rpg settings (from which The Masquerade: Bloodlines emerged for example). Playabe but not childish, "serious" enough to occupy, but no boring like typical "I'm in serious tooth pain situation" (precious acting of "eaten by vampire or elf-princess" something). I think it's a good start for create your own imagination. Or - at last - avoiding biggest pits of annoyance.]

You really can't beat old White Wolf. It's my favorite tabletop setting and how I became so well versed in this stuff. I just started researching and researching and now my bookshelves have a great deal of squishy new age books on them and scholarly looks at the myths and legends of various cultures because I think it's so much fun to read about.

Onto the subject of the thread, it would be really nice if sims could read on lounge chairs or do anything really. It would also be nice if they could fiddle on their phones while sitting or lying down and didn't have to make a big production about answering their phone when it rings.
Page 2 of 13