Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#25901 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
That shows that your alias is wrong then!

Dunno how as it was directly copied from the readme..anyhow I got what needed back as it was the MML not 2..5
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#25902 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 9:42 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 1st Jan 2021 at 10:00 PM.
Could easily be a problem with the cheats.
I haven't gotten as far as to test out the aliases yet (just installed the mod myself) but I'll try to remember to check the next time I play.

The full text for the UserStartup is in step 6 here (or below in spoilers), in case anyone wants to have a go at figuring out what's wrong.

You have to use either the 2.5 or the MML mod. If you have the MML mod, it seems the Lit By Fire needs to be installed separately. As for cheats, you need to copy/pasta the ones from step 5 in the MML topic, so there's no point in using the aliases from the 2.5 mod. The cheats from the 2.5 mod don't seem to be adjusted to the MML mod.
Field Researcher
#25903 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 4:23 AM
Can someone refresh my memory: when you hide clothes in CAS will they appear on newly-spawned and aged-up sims and townies or will your CC clothes appear instead?
Field Researcher
#25904 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 6:19 AM
I'm hunting around for build mode stuff with higher resolution textures so it will still look good when you zoom in. I have a bunch of older cc, brick walls for example, that looked great on older PCs but now... not so much, no fault to the original creators of course

I know that iCad has done a lot of high-res textures of floors and stairs and furnitures and things, particularly wood. Can anyone recommend any other creators or sites to look at for this kind of thing?
Alchemist
#25905 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
Can someone refresh my memory: when you hide clothes in CAS will they appear on newly-spawned and aged-up sims and townies or will your CC clothes appear instead?

Once they are hidden, they shouldn't generate on sims any more, and you can't choose them because they won't be in the catalogue.
Sims who were already wearing them, still will be.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Field Researcher
#25906 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 8:13 PM Last edited by trambling101 : 2nd Jan 2021 at 9:05 PM. Reason: added more stupid questions + found an answer
Quick few stupid questions,

If my game crashed (Super Collection for Mac) due to over file limit (I believe cause I've been on a cc-spree), and I figured that out. BUT one time I loaded the game while searching for the reason why, the neighbourhood preview videos were missing, does that mean that there was game corruption? I loaded the game again and they were restored.

If I delete a pre-made hood that I don't want to play to clear up some file space, I do that in the game correct? Is there anything else that needs to be done? I never loaded them and I do not have SimPE (Mac user.. don't worry I'm already reading all the guides cause I really think I should try it out and run it on a Parallels version of Windows Vista I have).

Finally, I just created a clean hood and deleted the Ottomas family altogether (cause man they have a bad rep) and now I found out I need to go through the whole other process not to do that..
1) Can I save a house I built and delete that hood? Will the files be deleted and clear up some space?
2) Is there a way to create a new hood without any of the premade bin families? EDIT: found the answer by myself here

Call me Seth!
Mad Poster
#25907 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 11:46 PM
You can delete neighborhoods either from in game or from the file browser. Either way, it works just like deleting any other file.

The Ottomai have a bad rep because of issues that were patched a long, long, long time ago. As long as your game is fully patched and up-to-date, the Ottomas family is perfectly safe. I've had hours of fun playing them, personally. They are very challenging for an inexperienced player but that's one way to master the game. If you don't want a bin family, you can easily and safely do it by looking up which expansion they came with and either disabling that neighborhood by renaming it in the Program Files, or by replacing it with an empty template, before loading the neighborhood for the first time.

I don't know why your preview videos were missing, but that is not a symptom of corruption. Corruption generally manifests as sims vanishing, losing their data, having inappropriate wants and fears (wanting romantic interactions with animals for example), or behaving like a different kind of sim (cats walking on their hind legs and drinking coffee).

When making major changes like CC culls, adding new subhoods, installing global hacks, etc., you will save yourself some anxiety if you back up the neighborhoods you want to keep to an external source. That way, if anything goes wrong or you change your mind, you can return to the state you were in before the change by deleting the changed neighborhood and copying the back up copy back into its place.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#25908 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You can delete neighborhoods either from in game or from the file browser. Either way, it works just like deleting any other file.

The Ottomai have a bad rep because of issues that were patched a long, long, long time ago. As long as your game is fully patched and up-to-date, the Ottomas family is perfectly safe. I've had hours of fun playing them, personally. They are very challenging for an inexperienced player but that's one way to master the game. If you don't want a bin family, you can easily and safely do it by looking up which expansion they came with and either disabling that neighborhood by renaming it in the Program Files, or by replacing it with an empty template, before loading the neighborhood for the first time.

I don't know why your preview videos were missing, but that is not a symptom of corruption. Corruption generally manifests as sims vanishing, losing their data, having inappropriate wants and fears (wanting romantic interactions with animals for example), or behaving like a different kind of sim (cats walking on their hind legs and drinking coffee).

When making major changes like CC culls, adding new subhoods, installing global hacks, etc., you will save yourself some anxiety if you back up the neighborhoods you want to keep to an external source. That way, if anything goes wrong or you change your mind, you can return to the state you were in before the change by deleting the changed neighborhood and copying the back up copy back into its place.

Understood, I'm trying to perform a backup now.. It's taking forever to start on my Mac but it's my own fault for not performing one after deciding to play the game again (and knowing that everywhere says you should).

I found this thread regarding the issues with the Mac file limit and I believe it may have something to do with that weird appearance. It happened while I was removing and re-inserting custom content to see why my game was crashing and I believe that it may have not loaded some files correctly, then I immediately quit (so there's probably no corruption as I have yet to make any gameplay). The article also suggest to delete neighbourhoods in order to free up some file space hence why I wanted to clarify.

Am I ok to move two of the houses I've been working on to a new hood? No sims have occupied them.

Call me Seth!
Alchemist
#25909 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 3:45 AM
Are there any tips on reducing foot-stomping customers in my owned business?
I think they all want to interact with the cashier, who is BUSY, you know, and also shut in behind counters and a locked door. I thought making the cashier inaccessible might stop them, but no.
Is there a way to stop this, other than letting them interrupt the cashier constantly?

And for the post above me, you should be fine to move houses that have not been lived in.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25910 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 6:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Are there any tips on reducing foot-stomping customers in my owned business?
I think they all want to interact with the cashier, who is BUSY, you know, and also shut in behind counters and a locked door. I thought making the cashier inaccessible might stop them, but no.
Is there a way to stop this, other than letting them interrupt the cashier constantly?

And for the post above me, you should be fine to move houses that have not been lived in.

Click on the Business Runs You signs and tell them to 'bugger off'.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#25911 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 5:42 PM
Did fulfilling the lifetime want give your Sim a memory? I can't remember anymore and am not sure if I already fulfilled the one of my Sims, and got a mod to prevent perma plat on fulfillment, so I can't meassure it by that.
Alchemist
#25912 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Click on the Business Runs You signs and tell them to 'bugger off'.

I don’t have that. Maybe I should give it a try again...found ithat kind of mod from Pescado overbearing in the past. Perhaps I can use just that feature? Will have a look.
I do delete customers who only want to play kickybag and similar. Maybe that would work for this too. I was supposing they might buy th8ngs if they can’t chat up the cashier, but perhaps they are never going to anyway.
Thanks, Jo.

Mad Poster
#25913 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Matryoshkah
Did fulfilling the lifetime want give your Sim a memory? I can't remember anymore and am not sure if I already fulfilled the one of my Sims, and got a mod to prevent perma plat on fulfillment, so I can't meassure it by that.

Yes. Here are some extra characters because MTS doesn't allow me to just answer a yes/no question with the word "yes".
Field Researcher
#25914 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Once they are hidden, they shouldn't generate on sims any more, and you can't choose them because they won't be in the catalogue.
Sims who were already wearing them, still will be.

Great, thanks. I hate that townies and aged-up sims are always in the worst outfits.
Lab Assistant
#25915 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Yes. Here are some extra characters because MTS doesn't allow me to just answer a yes/no question with the word "yes".

Thank you!!
Field Researcher
#25916 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 7:49 AM
Ever since I installed baby clothes, I'm having so many boys being born. I've had girls born twice while boys have been born more than ten times. Even multiples are all boys. It's got nothing to do with the birth cutscene because I've seen the cutscene happen with both boys and girls with the baby clothes. Bad mod or bad luck?

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#25917 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 7:56 AM
Bad luck. The gender odds are a straight coin flip, 50-50 every time, and are not affected by anything outside of those chances. It's not unusual to have sizable statistical clusters of one gender or another.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#25918 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 9:33 AM
Bad luck. The gender odds are a straight coin flip, 50-50 every time, and are not affected by anything outside of those chances. It's not unusual to have sizable statistical clusters of one gender or another.

I'm gonna need to make more families for my medieval neighborhood. There's a princess and a noble girl who just came of age and no boys of age to marry them while there's no girls being born to marry all the baby boys and the plague can only kill so many sims without wiping out my entire kingdom...

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Top Secret Researcher
#25919 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 5:38 PM

In my noble medieval family, girls are born all of the time, boys are very rare. In one generation there were 9 girls before a boy was born, and in another, 5 girls before a boy. Which makes me very skeptical that it's completely random because it's just in that particular family.

How do people know it's random?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#25920 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 5:48 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 4th Jan 2021 at 6:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LyokoGirl5000
Ever since I installed baby clothes, I'm having so many boys being born. I've had girls born twice while boys have been born more than ten times. Even multiples are all boys. It's got nothing to do with the birth cutscene because I've seen the cutscene happen with both boys and girls with the baby clothes. Bad mod or bad luck?

Bad luck. Baby clothes don't affect gender. They only affect the body of the baby, just like clothes for older sims.

My (old) game seemed to favor whichever gender had the lowest representation at the moment, with a fairly good prediction rate, including multiples (more girls? Result would be a boy or boy twins. More boys? Girls or girl twins. Equal number? Either/or, and random multiples. A heavy overweight of one gender? Balancing it out). Most likely it really was random and my game just happened to randomly pick whatever option happened to balance it out right then and there, because I would occasionally get those "7 boys and one girl" times, or doubles when I'd expected one of each, or something else that didn't follow the "pattern".

Just because there seems to be a pattern doesn't mean there really is one - saving before the birth and trying multiple times does give a different result - gender, eye and hair color, genetics in general - all of this is decided at birth in TS2.
Scholar
#25921 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
The 4GB patch isn't going to work if you apply it to a shortcut, the shortcut is just a reference to another file. You need to apply it to your actual Sims2EP9 executable.

apologies for the recurring questions.
I cannot seem to move the Sims2EP9.exe that's in the TSBin, onto my desktop to apply the patch.
It just creates a shortcut ?
I tried to right click and send it to the options available which is documents.
But again it just creates a shortcut.

How do I move the file itself to the desktop so I can apply the patch ?
also, I read that after doing this you move it to the CSBin.
I'm able to do this.
Just need to apply the patch in the first place .

Although I applied it wrongly to the shortcut, my graphics read a bit higher.
Thanks for any help.

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#25922 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
apologies for the recurring questions.
I cannot seem to move the Sims2EP9.exe that's in the TSBin, onto my desktop to apply the patch.
It just creates a shortcut ?
I tried to right click and send it to the options available which is documents.
But again it just creates a shortcut.

Holding CTRL+dragging the file to the desktop should copy the file.
Scholar
#25923 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Holding CTRL+dragging the file to the desktop should copy the file.

Ok, thank you.

One more question as I want to be sure to do this right and not mess up my game : The Sims2EP9.exe is in the CSBin, not the TSBin.
So, copy that one ?

And, I had previously tried to copy a file from the TSBin --- so now I have 2048 instead of 1049.
Do I need to delete the shortcut that was added from the patch, in the TSBin and also the CSBin ?

Right now the (C Drive (x86)EAGames/Sims2/Mansion and Garden Stuff/ TSBin / has :
GDF.dll
ijl15.dll
Sims2EP9.exe - Shortcut
Sims2EP9.exe.Backup
Sims2Launcher.exe
Sims2web.ico
Sims3.ico
TS2UPD.exe
TS2UPD0.exe
TS2UPD16.exe

My CSBin has :
Packageinstaller.exe
Sims2EP9.exe
Sims2EP9.exe.Backup
TS2BodyShop.exe

Do I delete the add-ons that were added when I first applied the patch to the shortcut that happened when I dragged the Sims2EP9.exe - Shortcut from the TSBin ?

I think the Sims2EP9.exe.-Shortcut was already titled that, in the TSBin, before I added a patch.
I did not add the patch to the Sims2Launcher.exe.
What do I delete before adding the patch ?

Do I do the control+ to the Sims2EP9.exe that's in the CS Bin ?
Tia.

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#25924 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli

How do people know it's random?

Because the randomization files aren't encrypted and modders we trust have looked at the code.

The thing about patterns is, as humans, it is an evolutionary advantage to see them. It's part of the suite of cognitive tools that allows us to generalize from the specific and abstract guiding principles from concrete data. The downsides of magical thinking, mistaking the map for the territory, and trimming our data to our prejudices, have not had a sufficient depressive effect on our reproductive fitness to breed the tendency out. I would argue that a lot of our intelligence and creativity are based on the ability to look at a cloud and see the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse or a bunny or the ghost of our grandmothers. But what we see is not necessarily what is there.

Over a long enough period of time, a 50/50 coin flip will eventually produce an even number of heads and tails - but each individual coin flip is exactly as likely to turn up heads or tails as the one before and after it. That's just how it works.

Lab Assistant
#25925 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 8:53 AM

Hi Peni, do you know if in the latest Tarlia's version of stealth neighborhoods their issue is also fixed? Have you ever checked? Would I have to terminate Samantha's pregnancy to avoid shredded character data?

Unrelated issue: Did anyone download Traits Project? Even without using any of the traits, the main file seems to be badly conflicting with other mods, and I'm not able to find to pinpoint the mod causing these issues. All I know is that it's not InSIMenator or Visitor Cotroller conflicting with it.
Page 1037 of 1347