Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#126 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 2:34 AM
Send some my way, if you saw my pictures above you will see I am being over run with brunets. There is a blond and a red grandparent so maybe I will get lucky and get just one grandchild who isn't brown.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#127 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 2:55 AM
With space limited on the space ship, TPTB encourage households to live together, often allowing one or more of them to have more children or pets, or by giving them tax breaks. That was how the large and boisterous Summer family came to live with Jane Stacks and her son, Henry. They lived together awhile, but never really meshed. So, the Summers' have moved on, leaving Jane and her son. Jane is expecting another baby with one-night stand, Jace Macarevitch and would be alone till the baby comes since Henry left for college. She has raised a child by herself and really wants this one to have someone close to his age to play with. So, she persuaded the Summer's to leave on of their babies with her (they just had quads). This is good for both, as it keeps the Summers' out of trouble and gives Jane another child without having to break the law.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#128 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Okay I do like to mention T&Qu since it's one of my favourite mods and not everyone knows that V2 allows not only choice of birth number but asks who will get maternity/paternity leave.

Thank you but yes, as BO mentioned, I love natural twins. My game laughs at me by giving me lots & lots of them (though I do change the pregnancies to singles sometimes now). I helped twojeffs beta-test Trips& Quads all those years ago. Good times!
Scholar
#129 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Roseblossom90
I think natural twins is decided at conception and then the fertility bonus kicks in at the first 'pop'.

Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
I've had not many twins at all, natural or otherwise. But whenever they occurred, the pregnancy report from TJ's Sim Blender usually reported that 2 babies were expected right after conception. So I think you're right about that.

Quote: Originally posted by SleepycatDSL
I banned that twin perk many years ago but if I recall correctly, the fertility bonus can kick at the first or second pop. Meaning if your sim doesn't get hit with twins at the first bump, they still have a chance at being hit by it.

Yeah, after finding an old thread on MATY this pretty much corroborates it. I think I'm going to rescind on giving my sims the fertility bonus though -- I'd forgotten how intense it could be in giving sims twins.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#130 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 1:12 PM
Hudson/Warner Family

I moved onto Grace's brother and his girlfriend. He is also just newly graduated and she was my run away teen challenge sim-turned to YA in the main hood, now adult. Not having much money they moved into the trailer park. Since he is in the law career I'm sure they won't stay there long. Kaitlyn owns a baby shop... or a market stall selling baby items. Bought off found beach treasures, she did okay for herself.
She would like to get engaged but Shane is happy just with going steady.

The next morning Kaitlyn is once again dreaming of her wedding, when thoughts turned to her mum...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#131 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I've seen pictures of Sims doubles (game-generated), but not usually so many of one Sim. You must really, really like that Sim so much you'd replicate her a dozen of more times! Either that, or your game is really glitching.

Well, you have ONE individual in that crowd, at least.

It's happened to me twice in the past week and both times have been on apartment lots. It makes my game lag like hell until they all go back into their apartment (the game seems to recognise them all as the one sim) but it's really funny to see them talk to each other and invade the whole lot. I guess it must be a mod doing it but I'm not too worried about it rn~
Scholar
#132 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 2:57 PM

Is this normal?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#133 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 3:03 PM
In what context?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#134 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 4:16 PM
Emily Freshe gave birth to twin girls! Lakisha and KiĆ³na. Turns out Tom (her husband) was the father, which is both a sigh of relief for her - but also a little disappointing for me. I've been trying to split Emily and Tom up for a while now, because Erik (Emily's bit on the side) has a want to marry Emily, and I'm pretty sure if Emily wasn't already married she'd have that same want. Emily doesn't seem very happy living with Tom, despite their reasonably high relationship - but now they have twin girls they're always cuddling and acting all sweet to each other. Maybe this is a sign that Emily should break things off with Erik. Which will be really heartbreaking for him and for his daughter, Ebony, who has treated Emily as a mother figure since her own mother died after giving birth to her.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Inventor
#135 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty

Is this normal?

That child needs to learn anger management.
Scholar
#136 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
That child needs to learn anger management.

Yeah, it's burning up with anger! :D
Theorist
#137 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 4:56 PM
Spontaneous combustion, on a child? That's Maxis for ya. They have no freedom but burst into flames when overheated. ):

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Top Secret Researcher
#138 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 5:06 PM
Are you in an apartment?

I used to have a glitch on an apartment lot where my sims would spontaneously combust. It would happen so much I eventually just gave in to it and let it kill the mother of the family.
Field Researcher
#139 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 9:12 PM
Miles - Barto and Becka walked to school and I sent Abbie and Hunter on a vacation to Takemizu. Abbie learned to bow, and got 1,000 simoleans from the Lucky shrine. Abbie and Hunter both learned new massages. They learned how to perform Tai Chi and also learned the Dragon Legend. Abbie learned how to teleport from the Ninja. They also spent some time on the phone getting closer to family and friends. When they got home Hunter and the kids went off to A Whole New You. Bendele got a bronze register badge while they were there, and they got the business to rank one. When they got home, Barry went on another date, this time with the paper girl. They only have two bolts, however. Hunter took a sorely needed nap. Abbie headed off to work, still unable to find a position in Entertainment. Bandele now triple bolts Circe McGowan, so she'll be moving in to give her a chance at a good life. Bailie and Broshka got old. Bendele got an outing call and headed off to the Crypt O'Night club. The outing was Super. Barry's date was Good.

Barney headed off to college, and Bandele went on a date with Circe and got her first kiss. Circe moved in at the end of the date, and I adjusted her age so that she was the same age as Bandele. She moved in with 14,000 simoleans and a LTW to be a World Class Ballet Dancer. Naturally the date was a dream date. Oh yeah, and they also went steady during the date - even though both are romance sims, they went for it. And they fell in love right after the date. Barney grew up and moved into SilverMoon House.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#140 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 10:18 PM
@Kankritty are you fully patched, because no that is not normal.

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#141 Old 31st Mar 2016 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty

Is this normal?

Are his parents ex-superheroes now retired to witness protection?
Scholar
#142 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Kankritty are you fully patched, because no that is not normal.

UC here, so I think so. Basically, a tree caught fire when he got in to the house, then he caught fire doing his homework.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Scholar
#143 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 12:25 PM
Right up until the very end of the session, I would have said the Wegner (2) household had little of interest. Jason went to work, Veronica chatted to a lot of people to ensure they became her best friends (to fulfill her 20 best friends LTW), and they both woohooed a lot.

Just after 6PM on Sunday risky woohoo kicked in and Veronica got pregnant. She failed both her abortion and adoption rolls, and I adjusted the odds in trips&quads to account for the fact that both she and Jason are both twins.

I admit, I stayed a little over my rotation time/sped up the pregnancy to see the new baby. Just a singleton, a girl named Veronica with black hair, medium skin, and blue eyes.

--

I loaded into Emmanual Mann's household and did some searching for more woohoo partners for him. The entirety of his top five young adults/adults were playables, most known to him already, though Violet Marshalls was new to him. The two hit it off reasonably well, though Emmanual did have to leave for his night job. They resumed where they'd left off from the prior night, woohooing on the sofa.

If Emmanual's not careful he'll end up with another kid though. He already has two by two other sims and while another wouldn't be bad, he would likely end up with a bit of a reputation around Cresdale.

He did pretty much spend the rotation alternating between going to work and woohooing, with a small amount of skilling added in.

--

For once, neither Harmony nor Wanda had the want for a new baby (and me with a toddler available in the adoption pool). That might mean that they settle with their five kids.

Vincent grew up on the Friday, being an average motivation sim. He and Jude have a fairly similae facial structure with the only obvious difference being in their nose. They may have different mouth shapes but I think any difference in eye shape is coming from their different skins.

Ryder grew up on the Saturday, rolling Pleasure/Knowledge and the LTW to get to the top of the Entertainment career. With two teens around now the babysitter isn't really needed -- plus Wanda got demoted thanks to a chance card.

Jude grew up well on the Sunday, and there's only one day before his biological brother Vincent also becomes a child. Edward has two days before he becomes a teen, and even with Leia starting the rotation as a teen she's still got a full week before she thinks about heading off to university.

Of course, a toddler becoming a child was enough to trip Harmony and Wanda's wants for another baby. I headed over to the adoption house to age up Lucian appropriately -- it means that the Lyndhurst household gets two new children, the age-up of Jude and the adoption of Lucian.

There is a bit of a new oddity in the family tree with Lucian's adoption -- while Harmony is his adoptive mother, she is also his biological great-aunt thanks to Lucian's father being Harmony's nephew Scott. That makes his adoptive aunt also his biological grandmother.

With six kids in the household, I'm putting a firm limit on even the idea of any more kids.

--

Chelsey Lyndhurst's household glitched out a bit so I spent half the rotation trying to fix it and ended up having to move them out then back into the apartment.

Martin's relationship with William Marshalls is still going strong, though given that Michael has an LTW to woohoo with 20 sims, his relationship with Rachel Marshalls is a bit less certain.
Instructor
#144 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 6:32 PM
For the first time I was moved by a ghost.
I created a new 'hood and placed the first two Sims on a lot. Since I like to give them some background, I also created their parents and wrote a few sentences on how they spent their lives. Then I gave them a platinum mood (the result of their written down lives), killed them because of old age and send their graves to the graveyard. Then the ghost of one of the mothers looked at me - happily with her rich life.
Top Secret Researcher
#145 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 8:58 PM
I took a break from the game recently and decided to play again last night. Its amazing how quickly I forget my plans for my sims when I take a small haitus from the game. Oh well, I'm sure it'll come to me as a play some more.

Ryan Harris is now joined by two of his 'lovers' at college. I see some love triangle drama in the future for Sophia Milad and Georgina Wrightley. THey're both overacheiver sims so I just hope they get through college without any pregnancies! Although, I really only have to worry about Georgina because Sophia is practically barren
Field Researcher
#146 Old 1st Apr 2016 at 9:18 PM
SilverMoon (Abe) - It's Sunday, so another family day, and the Hanson and SilverMoon (Barak) households were duly summoned. They also got a genie lamp, which Abe used first for money. I made Brittney and Abe hang out - both of them have a fear of falling out of love with the other, so I'm taking it as a sign that they want to improve their relationship again. Abe got his bronze Cosmetology badge, and Brittney got a silver Gardening badge planting strawberries. Abe potty trained Bel. Abe sat down to the bunny head with Bel while waiting for his turn with the bed.
Forum Resident
#147 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 1:09 AM
Grunt (Tank & Tracey). Tank and Tracey are both elders now and raising the last of their children (Dawn, Trip, and Skip) plus the child Tracey had during an affair with Johnny Smith (Q). Of course all that is water under the bridge and Q is now a teenager. At this age, he decided that he wanted to have a relationship with his real dad. So, Tracey invited Johnny over for that purpose and Q & Johnny got to know each other better. Well, I guess seeing Johnny after all this time brought up some old feelings in Tracey. While Tank was inside making dinner, Johnny & Tracey shared a kiss. I guess Tank must have suspected something because he ran out and started yelling at her. Everyone went in to eat and Tracey stayed outside to watch the clouds and think about what she could say to get out of this mess. Unfortunately for her, a satellite fell on her and killed her. Tank and Johnny were understandably moved to great emotion by this, only different emotions.
Tank's reaction

Johnny's reaction

Dawn, the oldest daughter, came out and tried to console Johnny while Q and the other children were yelling at Tank. For his part, Tank wasted no time. The very next day, he invited over Johnny's wife with the intention of telling her what happened. He was stopped from doing this by Dawn and Q arriving home from school and yelling at him. Johnny's wife went home without knowing and Tank is trying to repair his relationship with the kids by having a funeral and burying Tracey underneath her favorite tree. Hopefully, they will forgive him before moving off to college.
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 9:53 AM
I'm halfway through my first round of rotational play in my 'hood Lockridge.

Melanie Dawson - the college drop out - got a job in the political career. The Berwick County council is looking to establish a council in Lockridge as well at some point in the future, and they need staff with experience. For the time being though, she's interning in Darrington, a town situated a 20 minute drive west of Lockridge (Darrington is also where the Lockridge kids attend school). She's charismatic and hard-working; needless to say the office has taken a liking to her, and she's been promoted twice.

Her first day in Lockridge she met Brittany. The two of them hit it off immediately and they caught me off guard by initiating a relationship of the romantic variety and Melanie is deeply smitten by her new friend. I'll see what the future holds for them: I think it could be really good!

Meanwhile on the opposite side of the street, the Baltimores - Serinda and Orlando - settled in fast and got a bit of a reputation when they woohoo'd at the community center (if they roll the want to get a job they have to make their way to the community center; where you can find a job board, working stations, computers, and a library). Orlando's LTW is to reach the top of the Slacker career (way to waste your degree!); he's currently working as a record store clerk after a few chance cards with good outcomes. Serinda on the other hand rolled the want to join the dance career where she's worked her way up the ranks to become a Jazzercise Instructor.

It seemed that their wish to start a family got them a bit carried away. Turns out Serinda got pregnant from their little couch woohoo at the community center. Despite being a romance sim (and rolling wants to bone anything with a pulse, sigh), Serinda really looked forward to starting a family with her husband. A few days later their daugher Eleanore was born. Oh, and Simba - their cat - works as a seeing eye pet.

And the last household (5 in total, meaning I have 2 to go) I finished the first week with was the Sanford household. Lance and Gertrude are two elders who relocated to Lockridge upon the untimely death of their son, Josh, in a freak servo accident. The rural life fits them well, though - Lance is very interested in nature, and their little house comes with a pond to fish in. He spends most of his days outside, either hiking or collecting bugs. He briefly joined the intelligence career but he was fired on his first day! He's since joined his neighbor Melanie in Darrington where he's working as a door to door poller. He hasn't rolled the want to gain any charisma skill points (he's a knowledge sim but he only wants to learn cooking and cleaning; not that Gertrude is complaining ) so he's unlikely to earn a promotion unless he gets a lucky outcome of a chance card.

Gertrude is the social butterfly of the neighborhood. Within the first week she's already made 3 best friends! Her LTW is to make 20 best friends, but time's ticking so I doubt she'll have time to complete it.
Scholar
#149 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
<...> Sleepy likes natural plurals... She was one of the first to download my "Unlimited Sims" mod, because it promised to allow multiples, even if the lot already contained more than the normal maximum number of sims. <...>

Yeah, he's so full of himself, he's started selectively quoting himself... BO must be stir crazy!

Anyway, thanks to whoever brought this natural twins stuff up: thanks to that, there has been a rush on my "Unlimited Sims" mod over the last few days. It's quite popular, with 32 downloads in under two days
Forum Resident
#150 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 2:29 PM
Things are complicated in Holling just at the moment.

Shaylene gave birth to her and Rio's first child, a handsome baby boy called Tayvion. Little Tay was born early (thanks to my own carelessness in not ensuring the correct pregnancy length was installed) and as a premie, he needs a lot of special care. Thankfully his grandmother adores him, as she picks up the majority of the parenting duties and endless cuddles as the little mite struggles to get bigger. His constant crying and fussing is difficult to deal with, especially for his auntie Mi'Shara who suddenly got pregnant for the younger Uno brother. While Damian found out about the pending fatherhood, Johnnie still has no idea his precious little brother has fathered a baby with one of those 'low class' girls from Fitzmore Park. Shaylene, despite the cares of motherhood - particularly the demanding job of mothering a premature baby, has been hitting the clubs... hard. She constantly rolled wants to go out and meet someone new after her son was born- possibly to deal with the stress of caring for him. She quickly met and kissed playboy (man?) Nery Turner at the club. They began to talk more and finally she invited him over. Despite being just friends they hooked up right away and the mystical chimes sounded over the bed. Shaylene had gotten pregnant again.

At the Uno house, life has taken a bit of a surprising turn. Johnnie fell madly in love with Mallisa's friend Cecile and insisted she become his girlfriend and move in. Cecile accepted and for a while things were okay... but roommate Rio, whom Johnnie's always disliked and Damian's always been good friends with, got a little too friendly with Johnnie's new girlfriend. And frankly, that's all it was - the two never flirted, and for once my Don Juan Rio wasn't even attracted, but domineering Johnnie hated the friendship between his girlfriend and his despised roommate. The two fought, and Rio kicked Johnnie's arse. Johnnie immediately called the police to have Rio kicked out of the house while the cowardly Damian barricaded himself in his room hating all the violence. Rio refused to go (knowing that he didn't have anywhere TO go) and retaliated later by moving in another 'friend' of his. Callista Fuchs is a firecracker, and she's really into Rio. After Rio and Johnnie's second fight - where Rio once again handed Johnnie his own backside, Johnnie picked a fight with Callista. Refusing to back down she screamed in his face, snatched up her man and called a taxi. Rio didn't even know his lady had her own place on the side, and that's where they're headed.

After all the anger, Johnnie sought comfort in the arms of his understanding girlfriend. Both woohooed worry free, sure that precautions were being taken (as they're not like those low class girls). Neither expected their precautions to fail, so Cecile's surprise pregnancy is going to be a hell of a surprise. I'm not sure if she'll have the baby or not- she's only 19, living with her boyfriend and still has no job, despite her dream of becoming a celebrity chef, or possibly a politician. That said, she and Mi'Shara have a single bolt of chemistry with one another and became fast friends during one of her visits to the Uno stronghold to show off her blooming belly.

Mallisa Green meanwhile, knowing that the answer to not getting pregnant is to simply take extra precautions, and probably (in the case of my sims anyway) not live with a boyfriend, is now looking for a new roommate after bestie Cecile left her in the lurch. She's the only one with a drama free life - for now...!
Page 6 of 349