Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#8801 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRtKkP0nCMI
Remember now?

Even if I have a pretty good memory, I don't. I guess she didn't succeed in impressing me at the time.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#8802 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 2:14 PM
The Paper Girl didn't scare me as a kid, if I'm remembering correctly, I think I found the whistling relaxing. A bit unrelated, I loved Magic Town as a kid, but those clown themed rides... nightmare fuel, especially for a younger me with a severe phobia of clowns...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#8803 Old 18th Dec 2020 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
I don't recall the papergirl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRtKkP0nCMI
Remember now?
I watched the video with Katherine Rauscher, our own papergirl in Veronaville.
Katherine was a bit puzzled. "I hope nobody thinks I'm like that," she said. "What's the matter with her? What's she running away from?
"If she had to deal with some of my customers, she might have something to run away from!"
Katherine is an absolute professional. When customers come out of their houses in their underwear and talk to her, she just smiles politely and tries to look inscrutable. "And you know how skimpy some Veronavillians like their underwear!" she says. "But I'm certainly not going to refuse when they give me §25 and §100 tips! Sometimes I think they're trying to buy my silence. They needn't worry; their secrets are absolutely safe with me."

I'd like to echo Katherine's question: What was that girl running away from? And what was she screaming about?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#8804 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 3:17 PM
The entertainment career is the fastest career because you can get 3 promotions in one day.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Forum Resident
#8805 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 4:12 PM
The Medicine Career has been the same for me; I've had sims get to level 4 in one day... they are usually exausted afterwards.
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I'd like to echo Katherine's question: What was that girl running away from? And what was she screaming about?

I think it sounded like a dog. I seem to recall having that happen a lot if a dog was on the lot...

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8806 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Even if I have a pretty good memory, I don't. I guess she didn't succeed in impressing me at the time.
It was just that darned whistle she did, drove me mad! I did play Sims 1 a lot, my daughter was young back then and we used to play it together.
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
The Paper Girl didn't scare me as a kid, if I'm remembering correctly, I think I found the whistling relaxing. A bit unrelated, I loved Magic Town as a kid, but those clown themed rides... nightmare fuel, especially for a younger me with a severe phobia of clowns...
It was the blood-curdling scream as she would run away from Fifi... The clown rides were okay, not too scary for me but I was always a bit unnerved by that Fairy Mara.

She was running away from the dogs, they would potentially chase her. Considering that the pets in Sims 1 were very cute and looked like this (they had names like Fluffly and Cher and Fifi) I can understand Katherine being puzzled!
Mad Poster
#8807 Old 19th Dec 2020 at 5:03 PM

The paper girl in that video appears to have been reacting to the dogs. In TS2 it's the mail carrier who gets "greeted" by family pets, although in TS2 they're not always aggressive. This cat in my game couldn't seem to make up his mind whether to attack the mail carrier or cuddle him.
https://modthesims.info/showthread....597#post5624597
Mad Poster
#8808 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 9:40 AM
Well, Katherine and I think she over-reacted to those dogs!

Thanks CrystalFlame, simsample and RoxEllen!

simsample, I can't get your link to work, but I had a look at The Sims Unleashed on the (Fandom) wiki, and I must say those cute little dogs in the video just looked friendly and adorable. They weren't making any attempt to chase the silly girl.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8809 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 10:32 AM
simsample, I can't get your link to work, but I had a look at The Sims Unleashed on the (Fandom) wiki, and I must say those cute little dogs in the video just looked friendly and adorable. They weren't making any attempt to chase the silly girl.
Yes, I think they blocked the hotlink- I was linking to the Fandom wiki that you found.
https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Stray
Forum Resident
#8810 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 2:11 PM
It was the blood-curdling scream as she would run away from Fifi...

Yeah... that scream is very unpleasant to listen to... I think in the video, I heard the dog growl, could be wrong and misheard, though.

Mad Poster
#8811 Old 20th Dec 2020 at 6:22 PM Last edited by Debby1957 : 21st Dec 2020 at 4:29 AM.
Let's see ... What did I discover today?

1. If you want sims to meet randomly get them in the same career. They will bring each other home.
2. If you use the Sun & Moon fishing and they have worms in their inventory they will want to fish even if their motives are tanking.
3. That when you are on a date and you get in the vehicle to woohoo there is an option to "take her home."

EDIT: The 'take her home" option I have only seen twice (once yesterday and a little while ago) and I tried all day to recreate it. I'm assuming the conditions have to be right for it to pop up. Both times my sims were on a date, at his house, in the vehicle to woohoo, in between the hours 9pm and 11pm. Both times they were real close to a dream date (not sure if that has something to do with it) but because I wanted them to have a dream date, I ignored it both times.
Field Researcher
#8812 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 2:38 PM
Today I discovered that even Romance sims with ACR default settings, can get jealous How and why? Lol! Nina Caliente slapped my CAS sim, Jake (also a Romance sim) and it wasn't even his fault, Natasha Una was the one who intiated the kiss between them but Nina got furious and slapped poor Jake. It was an outing that went wrong in so many ways! It was Jake's round and the previous night he had a dream date with Dina Ross, so the next day Don Baxter invited him to Downtown because he learnt that his "friend", Dina, had such a wonderful time with Jake (you know it's not the same thing, right Don? ). Of cource, Don had to invite his wife Sarah, Dina, his "other" lover, Nina, and his son Alex (who is a teen!). I was expecting that Don would find himself in some... deep s**t and he did because he had to kiss Dina right in front of Sarah and the situation got very ugly because Sarah attacked him (and the coward beat her up too after he cheated on her!). When everyone was watching the fight, Natasha Una "found" the opportunity to get her "first kiss" from Jake (not that he didn't like it, lol!) and Nina started to slap Jake! Just another night out with my sims
Forum Resident
#8813 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 4:41 PM
That's why I hate ACR. It's FUBAR in so many ways.
Field Researcher
#8814 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
Today I discovered that even Romance sims with ACR default settings, can get jealous
Oh those Romance Sim shenanigans: funny to watch, frustrating to play through (unless you actually enjoy playing that part, we won't judge).

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
#8815 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 3:34 AM
Simbology is gone but they suggested to use Pescado's romancemod along with ACR. With this mod one of ten romance sims may get jealous, what is probably more acceptable.
Field Researcher
#8816 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 6:10 AM
Just had my sim feed his puppy a treat right after he ate (I meant to cancel when I realized but didn't have a chance before he did the action) and the puppy gagged and threw up? I've literally never seen this before! It was kind of cute but I had the sim snuggle his puppy right after because I felt bad.
Alchemist
#8817 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 8:47 AM
I discovered that the Big Ninja statue attracts ninjas.

I have the statue on an island which sims can't reach, and every time they arrive, the ninja bamfs in just behind the statue's left leg, looks frustrated and leaves again. Does not come back, nor try poofing to a different spot.

I have had to build a causeway.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Field Researcher
#8818 Old 23rd Dec 2020 at 4:13 PM
@ G-Mon
I love my Romance sims and their shenanigans, it was just the fact that Nina caught me by surprise for getting jealous. Nina is a different sim, though. She is too shy to be a Romance sim in the first place and that's why I see her more like a "Hopeless Romantic" than a sim who wants only to woohoo once and then move on. This is where I disagree with the Romance sims getting married, they don't want to do it, They roll the want to "get married" only during a date (and, usually, it isn't the current sim they're romancing but the previous one, that they "want" to "marry") and they forget about it afterwards. I try to protect the premade Romance sims' marriages in my game and they get one chance to fix the situation, if they cheat again they'll break up because it's pointless. I always make Don and Sarah Baxter (from Riverside) to "reconcile" once (because this is how the game begins for them) but Don is... unstoppable when I'm not playing their household and he cheats again, even when Sarah is next to him, so when the next round comes, Sarah breaks up with him. Don Lothario and Daniel Pleasant, manage to remain more... discreet when they fool around and they stay married but that can change if they cheat (and get caught) twice, that's one of my "rules". Also, premade teens (like Gregory Brooklyn from Riverside) or kids born in-game with the Romance aspiration, never get married when they become adults because I want to save myself (and them!) from all the trouble (bad news for Juliette in Veronaville ).
Field Researcher
#8819 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
@ G-Mon
I love my Romance sims and their shenanigans, it was just the fact that Nina caught me by surprise for getting jealous.
No problem. Like I said, we won't judge.

Anyway, after editing the hobby lots in my current hood (to, in relevant part, add ceilings), I noticed that whatever mechanism populates those lots can put Sims under roofs, as shown at My Muse II.
Screenshots

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Field Researcher
#8820 Old 24th Dec 2020 at 7:12 PM
G-Mon, I'll never forget when I started playing the Sims 2 and I went to the other Muse hobby lot, the dancing one, with Jules O'Mackey. The first thing I saw was a lady in a flamenco dress inside the roof, stamping her foot down and yelling at all the other sims who were there! Later I realized that she was the hobby instructor of the lot but what could she do from up there??? I used the "moveobjects true" cheat and I put her on... solid ground but the next time Jules wanted to participate in another dance contest, the same lady was again under the roof... Maybe she liked it there after all, lol!
Mad Poster
#8821 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by G-Mon
Anyway, after editing the hobby lots in my current hood (to, in relevant part, add ceilings), I noticed that whatever mechanism populates those lots can put Sims under roofs, as shown at My Muse II.

Maybe if you lowered the pitch of the roof so that there's not enough space for anybody to fit under there, the game would stop spawning sims in the attic. Can't hurt to try.
Scholar
#8822 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 7:58 AM
Slow Dancing! so cute. how did I miss or forget the interactions from it!
Mad Poster
#8823 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 9:27 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 25th Dec 2020 at 9:52 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Maybe if you lowered the pitch of the roof so that there's not enough space for anybody to fit under there, the game would stop spawning sims in the attic. Can't hurt to try.
Or put in one of Marvine's ladders so she can come down to earth?

In my own game I discovered that Julian has 30 best friends. He says, "I didn't even know this many people lived around here!" I haven't checked Andrew, but I suspect he has even more. It's funny to think there are Sims in the world who can't get a promotion because they don't have enough family friends.

[EDIT] I've just checked Andrew. He "only" has 22. So Julian is undoubtedly the champion. Odd thing is he wasn't even trying. His aspiration is Knowledge. But lots of Sims like him and want to be friends with him.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#8824 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 10:55 AM
I hated that requirement for a promotion. I have a mod that gets rid of it so sims only need to make friends when they want to.
Mad Poster
#8825 Old 25th Dec 2020 at 5:35 PM
I don't understand how anyone has any problem maintaining family friends! I've always thought that the friends requirement was an elegant mechanic. If the only requirement for promotion is skills, this doesn't reflect the real-life nature of work (in which who you know is often far more important than what you know) and a certain type of player will focus obsessively on skilling for awhile and then grow bored. The friends requirement kicks that sort of player out of the rut and into exploring the more social aspects of the game, which opens up the drama factor, which is what makes this game so endlessly replayable.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 353 of 445