Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#301 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 3:01 PM
Pretty sure that was how Nightmare On Elm Street 2 ended!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#302 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 11:00 PM
I was in the middle of decorating an unoccupied lot when suddenly an ambulance and police car appeared in the backyard. No idea how that happened.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#303 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I was in the middle of decorating an unoccupied lot when suddenly an ambulance and police car appeared in the backyard. No idea how that happened.

I had that happen a couple of times when I accidentally touched a traffic shrub or fire hydrant in the catalog.
Mad Poster
#304 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 3:17 AM
I've hqd some sims walk on water while swimming in the pool and another was sims trying to go swimming in an outdoor pool at a community lot before leanrning to fence that off or place the pools indoors where they are usuable in all seasons.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#305 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 10:16 AM

Uh-oh, I think I broke it...
Mad Poster
#306 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 2:39 PM
@Simsample -I had that happen to one of my towns once on my old computer after installing an expansion well over ten years ago.I ended up starting over after that happened because it messed up the game.It can also happen on a glitchy loading of the game and I just reload if that happens.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#307 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 2:48 PM
@TadOlson No, this one was really broken- I was experimenting by removing and changing resources to see what they did, the neighbourhood couldn't attach the lot files in this case.
Mad Poster
#308 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 2:55 PM
That sounds like the one that happened after installing a new expansion pack and testing features out when I might've broken something or it just broke on me.I deleted it and started over that time and the other two times it was just the game loaded glitchy and reloading fixed it those times.
Theorist
#309 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
And you thought the nanny was suspicious... I've had an odd thing happen in 3 lots; kids come home from school, I don't see them get off the buss, but suddenly they sort of DROP right next to the front wall of the house. They don't "check in" at the trash can (a stupid thing in itself!), and I get a message that they've lost a grade for skipping school.
SOOO... obviously the bus driver took them SOMEWHERE, then brought them home and threw them off the bus! I don't want to know what memories these traumatized kids must have!

Well no, the bus doesn't really ever take the kids anywhere. They stay on the lot invisible and unselectable.
What happens here is that the return script that performs the checks whether a Sim has been to school or not is borked, so instead of counting as having gone to school and performing the animations that make them descend from the bus, and be given homework, the Sim kid is just reset, hence it "appearing out of nowhere" and since the game now doesn't recognize that the kid performed the "at school" action, a grade is subtracted.

Just asking...those three households, are they households where kids and teenagers live alone, without adults? Because to me that only happens to children who live in households without adults.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#310 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 4:37 PM
I had a weird bug happen to me a while ago now, like roughly last year.

In one of my custom hoods, Crystal River, I had a teen sim who had run away from home called Arthur Johnson. He lived in a house Downtown with an orphaned teenager, Tina Traveller. She died of fright, leaving Arthur on his lonesome.

Anyway, the main point here is that to make enough money for groceries, he got a part-time job in the Medical career. The problem was he was never in a good mood as he was broke, couldn't afford to pay the bills or get any shopping done, and the Repo-Man was a regular visitor to the house.

He was in severe danger of getting fired and he did many times. But, he also didn't.

How?

Well, upon getting home from work, he'd always get an object error, so I had to reset him. This caused him to keep his job, while getting informed that he had gotten fired with the corresponding fun and social decrease and the memory.

Bless him... he'd cry over losing a job that he still had...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Instructor
#311 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 10:49 AM
1. "They live in the walls" - a teen girl disappeared from her household, never to be seen again. That is, until the wedding night of her former boyfriend, after the newlyweds had just thrown me a lullaby and gone to seep. Someone was trying to come in to their room and saygoodbye to them but threw a fit because something was in the way. so I tested around and forced some errors on things - and the girl fell out of the wall next to her former boyfriend's marriage bed and instantly died of starvation.

2. "Evil dwarf" - a child from a playable family came home after school with the oungest of the family I was currently playing and they were playing chess when the game clock struck six and I saved the game and switched families, as I'd played that one for three days. The visiting child's family was next in my play rotation and I played through his teen birthday. He aged up into unexpectedly strong features - I thoughthe looked good, but he wouldn't be every teen girls cup of tea, that's for sure. When I got back to the first family again, it was someone's birthday and all sims on the lot came to cheer the birthday girl - including the visitor, who was now a teen with teen sized head and clothes but child sized limbs and torso. To top it off, he had been playing chess and glitched a bit when his opponent's action was cancelled and the game broken up - so he had that expression mean sims have when they cheat on chess, and the chess arm, all through the birthday cheering. With his strong features and glitched out body he looked like something out of a dark fantasy movie.

3. "Nose virus" - the weirdest sim genetics I've ever come across, no idea what broke in the game to even make this possible, because it shoudln't be. I had a "breed out the ugly" legacy going. The founder, Aristofanes Thunderblossom (may he rest in piece,he was such asweet sim despite his horrible face), had a very characteristic nose that was long and thin and had two distinct bends on it.I thought it would be gone by generation three, but oh no! The nose was worn by every sim child in that family until generation five. After generation five, some children were born without the nose and I was happy to have them age up and start families together with nosetypical townies. Only, the nose came back! It shouldn't be possible in the game, but the nose actually skipped a generation (in one case two generations, but in that family both parents were from the Thunderblossom family) and came back to haunt me. I felt irrationally stressed out by this and got a bit obsessed with rooting the Thunderblossom nose out, but in the end I gave up and nuked the whole neighbourhood. I still sometimes have a moment of irrational fear when a sim baby ages to toddler because I can't shake the feeling that they may get the Thunderblossom nose.
Forum Resident
#312 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 12:19 AM
Had three sims play kicky ball. The ball went back and forth normally for two of the three but every time it went to the third, it would disappear into the ground, pop out of the ground and do this weird fast orbit behind the third sim's calves. I tried to get a pic but the ball whipped through that part of the animation too fast.

( In retrospect, I should've hit "v" and done a video capture. My sims play a lot of kicky ball but I never saw that happen before.)
Mad Poster
#313 Old 15th Nov 2020 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnMal
1. "They live in the walls" - a teen girl disappeared from her household, never to be seen again. That is, until the wedding night of her former boyfriend, after the newlyweds had just thrown me a lullaby and gone to seep. Someone was trying to come in to their room and saygoodbye to them but threw a fit because something was in the way. so I tested around and forced some errors on things - and the girl fell out of the wall next to her former boyfriend's marriage bed and instantly died of starvation.

That timing tho xDD

I have a similar thing happen sometimes in my hood. I've made many attempts to figure it out but it doesn't come up predictably which makes it near impossible to troubleshoot. But sometimes when a Sim talks to another Sim on the phone, the Sim they were talking to will appear on the lot after the conversation ends, and they have an uncanny knack for ending up in places they can't get out of. Happens especially often to a specific Sim, and she used to live in a building that had a decorative walled in 1x1 squares, and so often they ended up inside those. Quite a few townies died that way xD

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#314 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 12:56 AM
In a very big family, I couldn't find a baby. Searched frantically for some stupid sim to be holding the baby, brain dead. Baby picture turning red, expect to see Social worker show up (I had removed the fixes for this). Finally a teen comes home, rushes to take a bath and falls asleep at the table - he had taken the baby to school, managed to feed it but looks like carrying the baby around all day exhausted both of them! I have seen adults take baby to work, but it's been a long time.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#315 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 2:50 AM
Not an in game glitch, but my Sims 2 somehow got installed on two separate drives at the same time. I accidentally deleted my entire EA Games folder trying to fix it while uninstalling it from one drive. The good news: I have backups. The bad news: This is gonna take forever...

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Instructor
#316 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 12:33 PM
I got this weird glitch some months ago thanks to a malfunctioning mod. I've since taken it out and it hasn't recurred.

(The mod's creator has released a new version of it, but I haven't tried it yet.)
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#317 Old 16th Nov 2020 at 2:08 PM
I have a couple; very old ones (hence the terrible image quality) and a recent one.

First one, I had a sim float off the ice rink and into their carpool. It was strange to say the least.

Second, Arthur rolled the fear of himself getting sick and it wasn't the 'Get Sick' fear, it was literally the fear 'Arthur Gets Sick.'

Faceless sim while shopping for jewellery in a vacation hood.

And lastly for this post, in my freshly made Challenge Hood, my playable sim during the Asylum Challenge brought the Social Worker home from work.

Lab Assistant
#318 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 3:47 PM
There's a couple fun glitches but I generally encounter a "Limbo" glitch with apartments over in Cornerstone Condium for the DeBateaus whenever they visit a CAS neighbour, looks atmospheric and anything that enters becomes a part of the darkness. For some reason as well my Sims tend to put headgear ON their phones when they're done with it. Landlords outside Cornerstone Condium get stuck, their clothing keeps changing colours randomly every few seconds AND they even spam that the rent is due on the Monday (really problematic for my house with vampires since even the dog waking up triggers the landlord to spam the rent notification). And Armond treated a random townie they brought back from home as a dog with that fear of being chased. Cornerstone Condium is just cursed.

Then there's some corruption strangeness on my old neighbourhood, I remember at one point on the day my old neighbourhood had a corruption spike almost every household lost their name and became empty with some Sims disappearing here and there, apartments affected by the disappearing Sims had their name changed to "FAMILY NAME (FAMILY SIZE)". Some of my Sims became outright immortal too, like they were getting "stuck" trying to be killed by fire which just reset them and saved them, repeats until the fire died out.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#319 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 5:11 AM
My recent glitch is a few of my plantsim kids having plantsim bodies and normal faces. They have 15 brothers and sisters who have normal plantsim skintone faces.

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Instructor
#320 Old 6th Dec 2020 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peace
My recent glitch is a few of my plantsim kids having plantsim bodies and normal faces. They have 15 brothers and sisters who have normal plantsim skintone faces.

I changed my plantsim defaults as well as plantsim PT and this happened. I have no idea what caused it and it doesn't seem to happen anymore. I tried some different things to fix it, but I don't think <ny of them really made a difference. Last, I renamed the new defaults to make sure those loaded first and next time I tested the faces were normal - but it seems a bit weird that this could make a difference?
Field Researcher
#321 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 10:56 PM
i tried switching skin defaults and removing other plantsim mods, it didnt help. I just sent them to Uni and...

I still dont know the cause! lol

Instructor
#322 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peace
i tried switching skin defaults and removing other plantsim mods, it didnt help. I just sent them to Uni and...
I still dont know the cause! lol

Whatever the reason, they look great now
Forum Resident
#323 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 2:44 AM
They look more plant sim-y now.
Forum Resident
#324 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 3:13 PM
Could the cause have been the fact that PlantSims usually only have three lifestages; toddler, adult, and elder? I'm thinking more along the lines of a glitch caused by this, since the other PlantSims are said to have looked fine. Regardless, they look really cute.

Field Researcher
#325 Old 10th Dec 2020 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Could the cause have been the fact that PlantSims usually only have three lifestages; toddler, adult, and elder? I'm thinking more along the lines of a glitch caused by this, since the other PlantSims are said to have looked fine. Regardless, they look really cute.

I thought about that as well. Im resisting the urg to spore more to see if it happens again. The 5 Rose spored after the 12 were all normal. BUt Twin toddler plantsims in another neighborhood have normal skin faces.

Page 13 of 15