Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#76 Old 25th May 2018 at 4:42 PM
Excuse me for implying that the title of this thread is irrelevant, although its postings definitely are very important and relevant. What is done is done. We should bring to the attention of EA (or any other candidate developer) tips and proposals for The Sims 5. Not only our wishes for the game itself, but even to move EA to considering selling the franchise to some other game development body that is capable and willing to give sims fans what they want. Some thoughts about the business side of this potential Sims 5 thing are appreciated, because in the end money rules.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 25th May 2018 at 4:45 PM
Uh, no we shouldn't? If you don't like "done" titles, as you put it, the TS4 board is right there where you need it to be.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#78 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
Ok. There really needs to be a sticky thread for this sort of thing, but anyway. Sorry for caps.

*As always, back up your files first*
REMOVALS
SIMS 3 BASE ONLY:
SIMS3\GAME\BIN\PACKS - DELETE ALL EXE'S

BASE \ EP \ SP INSTALL FOLDERS:
CACHES\SUNSETVALLEY [OR OTHER] OBJECT CACHE*
GAME\BIN\BIN FOLDER - LEAVE ONLY THE 'NO' FOLDER IN THERE
GAME\BIN\HELP PAGES - DELETE ALL EXCEPT COMMON
GAME\BIN\STATICPAGES - DeLETE ALL EXCEPT COMMON
GameData\Shared\NonPackaged - DELETE COLLECTIONS, LIBRARY AND WORLDS* FOLDERS
Support\EA Help - DELETE ALL EXCEPT THE HTML, THE GIF AND THE EN-UK FOLDER (or whatever your region is)
Support - DELETE EADM OR ORIGIN FOLDER

*optional, depends if you use those towns

Thanks for posting this!
Field Researcher
#79 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Good stuff.

General Tip: Deleting the cache for the default worlds will only cause the game to regenerate a cache when you next load that world, and without a cache file it'll take longer to load the world and lots because the game has to regenerate this cache. You won't save space from deleting the world caches if they manage to regenerate for your game, and you'll actually slow down the game if you plan to use the worlds you delete the cache(s) for.

There is also CreateAWorldBlog which features a few exceptional pre-populated worlds including a TS3 Strangetown remake–one of my favourites.

Never heard of it-thanks for sharing the link. Will check it out at some point.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I think a comparison of Sims 2 and Sims 4 is reasonable enough. Sims 2 is clearly the superior product.

Duh! even if it does have longer loading screens than the ts4 even then the ts2 had more features in basegame, like actual working shops and diners! no stuff pack/expantion pack need for selling clothes (no need anyway could just edit them in cas with all the clothes available) and going out for dinner ts2 also had better looking townies than ts4 they walk around with the most weird clothing yellow hat with a funky camo vest with 90's green pants and boots with no socks aswell earings and a pair of star shaped sunglasses!
ts3 is kind of inbetween the two but still better ts4

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Mad Poster
#81 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:55 PM
Yeah that aspect of TS4 is......tough to swallow.

Can I ask you kind of a weird question?
jumps into finger guns pose

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#82 Old 25th May 2018 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I have lost everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CAW was reset. I have lost worlds I have worked on for years. All for 3 and 4. I will have to do a system restore and hope I can get things back. Am not happy.

I do not think it will restore docs. Will have to see what I can salvage from other places.

Oh, Daisy! I'm so, so sorry.
Mad Poster
#83 Old 25th May 2018 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Into The Future is the most pointless expansion pack.

It has a point. It also has edges.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#84 Old 25th May 2018 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by luftspeiler
Excuse me for implying that the title of this thread is irrelevant, although its postings definitely are very important and relevant. What is done is done. We should bring to the attention of EA (or any other candidate developer) tips and proposals for The Sims 5. Not only our wishes for the game itself, but even to move EA to considering selling the franchise to some other game development body that is capable and willing to give sims fans what they want. Some thoughts about the business side of this potential Sims 5 thing are appreciated, because in the end money rules.

Proposal for Sims 5: Do not make it like the Sims 4.
Mad Poster
#85 Old 25th May 2018 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
It has a point. It also has edges.

You can hate ITF, sure, but you can't deny that it has a tangible, physical shape that takes up at least some of the matter in our universe.

insert signature here
Site Helper
#86 Old 25th May 2018 at 9:43 PM
So what shape is it if you got it as a digital download? The tangible part is the hard drive, which is (hopefully) there whether or not is has anything on it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#88 Old 25th May 2018 at 10:20 PM Last edited by luftspeiler : 26th May 2018 at 4:20 AM.
Whatever EA is thinking I am pretty convinced it does not concern The Sims 3. I don't bother with The Sims 4 or read their forums. I guess this thread should interest them as well.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 25th May 2018 at 10:22 PM Last edited by HarVee : 25th May 2018 at 11:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
So what shape is it if you got it as a digital download? The tangible part is the hard drive, which is (hopefully) there whether or not is has anything on it.

Triangle.

Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
You can hate ITF, sure, but you can't deny that it has a tangible, physical shape that takes up at least some of the matter in our universe.

I don't actually hate ITF anymore. Unless 'you' is meant as an impersonal 'you'?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
#91 Old 25th May 2018 at 10:42 PM
I always prefer to buy V1 of a game as a dvd (or even cd) copy. Then if necessary I will gladly connect this purchase to my Steam account. But also important is to keep the (book?) shelves look beautiful because of the high-level games I put on display.
Mad Poster
#92 Old 26th May 2018 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Awesome furniture, buildings, etc... Since way back in Sims 2, I've always wondered why the Sims creators have an obsession with the antiquities. I absolutely hate antique furniture, which comprise of the majority of furniture from basegame through every expansion. And also seems like the lots, both community and residential, from basegame and other EP are just horrible, old, outdated style. I prefer modern styles and this is the only EP which actually deliver on that.

Yeah I can't stand the dreary suburban look either. The cheapo wooden wall panelling, the lawn flamingos, and the stupid retro-looking appliances from the base game. Horrible. I don't know if it bears any relation to the real world, but I don't think I want to know.
It's not that I think they're ugly by themselves, but they're used so poorly that it's easy to think so.
Now I'm not a huge fan of many of EA's interiors anyway, and that includes much of Oasis Landing. I think the excessive use of grey concrete is ugly and predictable, but ITF is a fantastic pack for lovers of modern architecture and it's tacky enough to scratch that itch, too.

I really love some of the outlandish designs of the furniture and the outfits. The glass table that looks like a warp nacelle, the spacey-looking chairs, the neon-colored holo-lighting....and the gadgets of course. I hate myself for it but the food replicator has become a must-have in my non-futuristic, modern homes.
I never know what to do with the futuristic clothing, though, but I love messing around with it. There's a bunch of tunics that look like they were lifted straight out of a Star Trek movie and the weirdly shaped dresses look like a mix between the Hunger Games and an '80s prom night.
As such, I love pairing things from ITF with 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff. There's a lot of overlap.

I've been all about the soft cuddly colours lately and I toy around with '70s interior design, so lately I've been colouring things in all shades of orange, mustard, salmon, lilac and god knows what else.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#93 Old 26th May 2018 at 7:41 AM Last edited by daisylee : 26th May 2018 at 9:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Oh, Daisy! I'm so, so sorry.

Thank you! I am glad to report that I have recovered almost everything. For who knows what reason some things were moved to a folder on my desktop from my docs when I did those changes. I have no idea why as I sure did not do that. (???!!!)

I had a lot of fun playing ITF. It was a change from the other worlds. I tend build traditional but like having one world where I do modern builds. I liked the hover cars, the bots, the clothes and hair, and so on. IMO it was a good addition to the game.

I have everything for 3 except K Perry and used at least something from every SP and used the EPs to a great extent. None of them broke my game and I am glad I have them.
Top Secret Researcher
#94 Old 26th May 2018 at 8:29 AM
I see people wanting comparison with sims 2. I'll eventually make a super table of things that can be compared, game to game basis, meaning base game with basegame and respective packS with respective packS (s is because sims 4 needs multiple EPs GPs and SPs to cover one sims 2 EP).

EDIT: I might include Sims 3, but that game is HUUUUGE. Maybe just the base game with the updates, since, well that one is still lacking. (Not nearly like TS4 tho). The thing that irks me about sims 3 is the overall experience with it. It kinda has a lot of nifty ad good features, but it never, ever feels as complete and engaging as sims 2 does.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 26th May 2018 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
I see people wanting comparison with sims 2. I'll eventually make a super table of things that can be compared, game to game basis, meaning base game with basegame and respective packS with respective packS (s is because sims 4 needs multiple EPs GPs and SPs to cover one sims 2 EP).

EDIT: I might include Sims 3, but that game is HUUUUGE. Maybe just the base game with the updates, since, well that one is still lacking. (Not nearly like TS4 tho). The thing that irks me about sims 3 is the overall experience with it. It kinda has a lot of nifty ad good features, but it never, ever feels as complete and engaging as sims 2 does.

3 is my favorite, but 2 had more charm to it. And 2 had better animations for many things. I miss those in 3 but the open world and CASt makes 3 still my go to game. I think many of us hoped 4 would have combined the best features of 2 and 3 instead of going the direction they did. I really could care less about Rachel's emotions. I would have rather had other things far more. It was time to move on from 3 IMO, but I would have done things differently for the next version.
Scholar
#96 Old 26th May 2018 at 11:18 AM
The emotion aspect in 4 is neat, but it's much too easy to influence the emotions. I mean, most people are not a specific emotion at times; we're usually a mixture of things. Most of the time, we'd be the Sims equivalent of 'fine'. No major emotion 'taking over' or anything like that. And I wouldn't mind the emotions if, like I said, they weren't THAT easy to manipulate or the emotions could change randomly. Your Sim is happy, maybe a bit confident and, boom, something goes wrong and they are now angry or sad. And then they could do various things to help them get through those emotions. Take some medicine (dunno how well that would go over with the censors), talk to a friend Sim on the phone (or have a 'Listen Lad/Listen Lady' option on the phone) to discuss things, or destroy a sandcastle they just built. You know, make the emotions... actually emotional, and not just... whatever they are in the game.

In fact, I would love if Sims 4 finally brought out weather or an EP that's like Bon Voyage. With traveling and doing things. (I loved Bon Voyage in Sims 2!)
Now, if they could make that and give it aspects of IP with running a hotel...
Mad Poster
#97 Old 26th May 2018 at 11:51 AM
I don't think TS4's ever going to have weather. That boat's long sailed and at this point there's absolutely no chance of it ever happening....

....huh.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#98 Old 26th May 2018 at 12:28 PM
The snow is a texture and rain and snowfall are screen effects sooo... I'm not coming near sims 4, ever again. Tried to love it, could not. Sims 3 has the best weather, that's for sure. I just wanted a bit more deep snow, but it's ok like this when I see what could have been if the team was too lazy.
Theorist
#99 Old 26th May 2018 at 12:28 PM
It won't make the slightest difference. All they've done is add a feature that has already been in a superior game for 6 years.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#100 Old 26th May 2018 at 12:37 PM
Yeah but according to TS4 fans, it's the best thing since sliced bread. I've been waiting for way too long for SimsCommunity or SimsVIP to post an article along the lines of "The Sims 2 still awesome, free" or "10 Reasons Why We're Not Giving Up on The Sims 3 And Neither Should You"

I had this issue in a Sims Discord recently where people were mad that I was annoyed by them tagging me constantly for news about TS4 Seasons. I told them, I don't like this game, leave me out of it. They were being like "THE RULES ARE THE RULES WHY ARE YOU SO RUDE" and "don't impose your sad bitterness upon us".
What they clearly DIDN'T understand is that a Sims-themed discord is not just for TS4 and the hypothetical EA dong they like to nibble on so much.

insert signature here
Page 4 of 6