Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 10:11 AM
My custom career mod isn't showing up in game?
Alright so I made a career mod for Young Adults to Elders using Zerbu's Mod Constructor v4 and it's working fine. But since I also want a version of it for my Teens and Children, I changed the 'Career Type' from 'Full Time/Part Time' to 'School' and checked the Teen & Child option only. Each of the mods individually (the adult ver & child ver) work fine but when tested with both files together, the child/teen version doesnt seem to show up in the After School Activity menu and I can't seem to fathom why? The adult ver works fine though so I don't really understand why and how it isn't working. I'm extremely new to the modding community (like literally started 3 days ago) please pardon if this is a stupid question .-. Is there something else that I should be doing for both to show up in game?

Backstory if its needed, it's a medieval based Career with titles like "Emperor/Empress/Prince/Princess/Duke/Duchess" which is why I also made child version..
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Dec 2020 at 4:47 PM
How did you re-create the career for kids? It sounds to me like you duplicated the mod's folder and changed the flags like you described. You can't do that because it's still the same career ID's. You either need to make it from scratch, figure out a way to re-create the career with minimal effort while in the program, or open the kid version in S4S and give it new instance IDs. Also for further questions about MC4 I recommend joining Zerbu's server.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon