Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 6:24 AM Last edited by Triamond : 1st Feb 2021 at 1:56 PM.
Historical male clothes for female sims - RESOLVED (CREATED BY CHARITY, thank you!)
Hi all,

I am creating a story where a female wears a disguise: male clothes. The story is set in the 18th century - and I am looking for clothing which looks like male clothes but can be worn by a female sim. The style should be what a peasant or a working-class (e.g. a tailor) could wear. I've searched on Google but haven't been successful in finding anything like this - I hope someone has created something like this.
Could you please help me?
Many thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 7:26 AM
This is also something I would want because I doubt they would've normally worn what's offered to them and would've mostly dressed similar to the guys from toddlers to elder.I wish there was more hostorical clothing that wasn't gendered for toddlers and children and that there were female meshed versions of male clothing for all ages teen and up as most poor people in those times didn't usually have women wearing dresses and likely their clothing looked much like male clothing and it was normal to dress like the guys and not as a disguise.I was trying to find the same thing for my colonist sims for the 17th century as the women in that era wouldn't have dressed any diffently in a colonial settlement because they would have to do te same work as the men and would've needed to dress the same.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 7:54 AM
Unfortunately, all the male clothing for females I've found has tended to be medieval. You can get tunics and armour, but not later on stuff.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 5:17 AM
That's helpful for my colonial challenges for poor settlers in my colonies like the WRC and my TOT challenge.It could be used for my Pleasantview Epic Challenge which is in the 17th century.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 7:38 AM
Thanks to you all for replies, I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who would find these useful :-)
Perhaps a tunic would be good too - I went through Plumb Bob Keep androgynous clothing section and there are many great clothes there but I don't know yet if any of the clothes will be what I'm looking for (haven't checked them in-game yet).
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Jan 2021 at 8:26 AM Last edited by Charity : 13th Jan 2021 at 10:36 AM.
PBK is where I would have directed you.

I use the tuxedos here, but they aren't exactly working class. https://rented-space.tumblr.com/pos...uits-a-few-male

I can never decide if this suit looks Victorian or is too modern. https://trappingit.livejournal.com/57573.html

Btw, do you have any pictures of the kind of clothes you want?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jan 2021 at 3:49 PM Last edited by Triamond : 16th Jan 2021 at 3:43 AM.
Thanks a lot, Mad Poster, this might be useful

EDIT: What about the medieval androgynous stuff? Please could you provide some links? Perhaps some of those clothes could be usable for this purpose
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Jan 2021 at 8:03 AM
You said that you've already been through PBK's androgynous section. That's where I would have sent you.

But, do you have pictures of what you're looking for?
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 6:02 AM
If you have any particular meshes that you'd like to see converted M-F, if it's 18th century I may be interested in doing them for you

Laugh as much as you choose, but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Jan 2021 at 12:57 PM
That sounds great though it could be for mostly what poor wore and for all ages from toddler to elder since it would be realistic that they wore much the same only sometimes in different colors.I found some great options in PBK for unisex that would make great clothing for setting social classes apart in challenges.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 1:59 PM
Charity - I tried to find pictures of these clothes on google but haven't found the ones I need :-( I'll keep looking.
Anyone - if you have any suggestions/ideas, please feel free to post photos.

Cupcakeyy - many thanks for your offer, this is sooo kind of you! Unfortunately I do not know of any mesh that could be suitable for this. It would be great if the mesh could look male (as the female sim is in disguise).

I am sorry I haven't been much of a help and haven't been able to find a good mesh or picture so far.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 2:21 PM
Alright, I got interested in this and tried out several outfits. Do any of these look like what you're looking for?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#13 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 2:38 PM
Those look amazing!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Jan 2021 at 5:40 PM
They might look great for some of my towns as not all female sims in the old days dressed the same and many would've worn clothing like that though not always in those colors as they might've gone for mostly greys or blues if not black.Brown was mostly a guy's color though a woman trying to look male might wear brown.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 4:30 AM
Wow, Charity! These are absolutely amazing! Thank you very much for not only finding the appropriate style and meshes but also for creating them in such a perfect way!
Would you please upload them for download? How can I thank you enough?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Triamond
Wow, Charity! These are absolutely amazing! Thank you very much for not only finding the appropriate style and meshes but also for creating them in such a perfect way!
Would you please upload them for download? How can I thank you enough?

Sure. Just finishing off the teen version (because I always get carried away).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Jan 2021 at 4:17 PM
That's great! Many thanks again!
I'll be so happy to use these in my story. You've saved me and helped me a lot!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 3:06 AM
That clothing might work for my BACC in Dodge set in the 1840's as it's an old west setting.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Jan 2021 at 3:17 PM
@Cupcakeyy

I'm wondering. I found an adult female conversion of the male trenchcoat (couldn't find a TF version), which I put the textures for your Regency outerwear on. But I couldn't find any suitable Regency meshes for when they aren't wearing a greatcoat. Do you have any that you know of?

I also admit that I couldn't find your policy on doing gender conversions of your textures and wasn't sure if it was permitted or not.
Test Subject
#20 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
@Cupcakeyy

I'm wondering. I found an adult female conversion of the male trenchcoat (couldn't find a TF version), which I put the textures for your Regency outerwear on. But I couldn't find any suitable Regency meshes for when they aren't wearing a greatcoat. Do you have any that you know of?

I also admit that I couldn't find your policy on doing gender conversions of your textures and wasn't sure if it was permitted or not.

UM PLEASE. Take all the textures you want. I can do a TF conversion if you need?
Are you looking for Regency meshes for everyday, or more outerwear? I can find some suggestions for both,

Laugh as much as you choose, but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.

Mad Poster
#21 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 11:00 AM
I was interested in an everyday one as I felt that the one I converted was too outerweary to wear say in summer or inside. It's the attached pic. I found the adult female mesh here http://www.theninthwavesims.com/201...outfit-for.html, but no teen one. Adult one was a bit lumpy, so I altered it.

Sorry for the pic spam, but I get interested in something and get overexcited. XD The OFB jodhpurs might do for trousers? They come in the three colours pictured. I'm not sure if any of the tops I've tried them with would work or not though and I couldn't find a decent jacket separate. The full body outfit is a Store outfit. I like the jacket, but I'm not sure it really looks Regency (and really needs a shirt underneath)? Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this as I am not experienced with Regency fashion and can easily make a fashion faux pas. XD
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 5:25 AM
All of these are great! I'm no fashion expert but I'd say the coat looks very good and with a shirt underneath it will be very nice. I also like the other clothes very much. Especially the coat as the mesh masks the female characterics and it works well as a disguise. The others too. Thank you again, Charity!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 10:29 AM
Mad Poster
#24 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 1:26 PM
@CharityThanks for saving my girls from having clothing totally shredded with your upload.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 1:55 PM
@Charity - thank you SO MUCH! These are perfect! Thank you for using your talent and creating these clothes. I'm sure pllenty of people will be happy to get them I can't wait to try them out in my game. You've literally saved my story. Thank you
:lovestruc
Page 1 of 2