Replies: 7 (Who?), Viewed: 160 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 6:13 PM Last edited by planettv : 17th Oct 2021 at 11:08 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default The application has crashed. the application will now terminate when loading one family
The application has crashed. the application will now terminate message when loading one family. The family is one of my Stargate Atlantis Families and this just started recently. I'm thinking it may have something to do with the fact that I used moveObjects on to place the hobby car on the driveway, the part outside the garage, since it would not place unless I did that.

What I have done:
  • clear the cache
  • move out the stuff in my downloads that I added this month.
  • moved out the Riverside neighborhood I got from here.
  • move out the rest of my Downloads by moving the whole folder out.

What I plan to do is check another lot in the neighborhood, Pleasantview, and check a lot in a different neighborhood, just to make sure it's only that one family. There is something I would like to try, but I don't know if it would be a good idea. Here is is: back up the neighborhoods folder and then restore the folder or just restore the Pleasantview folder, N001, to a previous version. So, would that be something worth trying?

Edit: What I plan to do is check another lot in the neighborhood, Pleasantview, and check a lot in a different neighborhood, just to make sure it's only that one family. I just did this and it seems to be that one family, because the other lots I checked, Goth in Pleasantview and Peterson in Belladonna Cove, loaded fine. I will be putting most of what I took out back in, and double checking those 2 lots with the stuff back in, but I'm sure they will be fine.

Edit 2: back up the neighborhoods folder and then restore the Pleasantview folder, N001, to a previous version. I just went ahead and did this and I was able to load the lot just fine. The interesting thing is, when I loaded the lot there was a car, the most expensive one in the game, in the driveway and I think what happened is the car might have gone invisible without me knowing it. That combined with using the moveObjects on to place the hobby car in that spot might have had something to do with it. Right now I am doing a back-up of my EA Games folder and will be temporarily leaving out HugeLunatic's rug fix and Honeywell's chair fix, not that they had anything to do with it, but I want to replay this lot, so I can get them back up to 100,000 simoleons from the 79,205 they went back to without cheating.
Screenshots

My mini city: Rygel City
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 1:08 AM
Have you tried moving this family out to a blank lot and loading them on that? It sounds more like one of your sims has an issue.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 7:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Have you tried moving this family out to a blank lot and loading them on that? It sounds more like one of your sims has an issue.


Thank you for the reply. I will remember that the next time it happens. What I did to fix it was I backed up the neighborhoods folder and then restored the Pleasantview folder, N001, to a previous version. I was then able to load the lot without any issues, because it was before whatever happened to cause the issue. I did copy my EA Games folder into my back-ups folders, so I could have a back-up, as the last one I did was May 2020, before I started to play the lot. This time I made sure to delete the car in the driveway have the sim move their Ford Escape to their inventory and work on the hobby car in the garage.

My mini city: Rygel City
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 8:13 PM
You cant put a car or a bed in a sims inventory as it makes that sim get a jump bug.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 8:40 PM
I've never heard of this before. Do you have any links to threads discussing the inventory issue further?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 1:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Butterfly
You cant put a car or a bed in a sims inventory as it makes that sim get a jump bug.


I have not heard of that before either, but I do know the jump bug is something EA never fixed when they moved on to TS3.

My mini city: Rygel City
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Oct 2021 at 3:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by planettv
Thank you for the reply. I will remember that the next time it happens. What I did to fix it was I backed up the neighborhoods folder and then restored the Pleasantview folder, N001, to a previous version. I was then able to load the lot without any issues, because it was before whatever happened to cause the issue. I did copy my EA Games folder into my back-ups folders, so I could have a back-up, as the last one I did was May 2020, before I started to play the lot. This time I made sure to delete the car in the driveway have the sim move their Ford Escape to their inventory and work on the hobby car in the garage.


If the car had an owner moving it to inventory can cause issues. So can beds. Cars should be okay to move if you first set the owner as >nobody<

Quote:
Originally Posted by topp
I've never heard of this before. Do you have any links to threads discussing the inventory issue further?


You will get sims resetting with limited options when you have one sim click on another sim. I have had that from beds before, mostly double beds probably because they often have 2 owners.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Oct 2021 at 4:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
If the car had an owner moving it to inventory can cause issues. So can beds. Cars should be okay to move if you first set the owner as >nobody<



You will get sims resetting with limited options when you have one sim click on another sim. I have had that from beds before, mostly double beds probably because they often have 2 owners.


I don't know if the car had an owner as I don't usually set an owner, I will have to check, but the car is now back in the garage. I do have another household I want to split up, so should I have those sims not take there beds with them?

My mini city: Rygel City
Back to top