Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 MorphMaker - updated to V4.5.2 on 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Jun 2018 at 6:41 PM - Updated 19th Apr 2023 at 4:23 PM by CmarNYC : Update

643 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 574 Feedback Posts, 68 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 4 of 26
Test Subject
#76 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 5:15 PM
is it possible to make teeth/fang sliders?
Not CAS parts or items, but making the teeth mesh larger or smaller, more spaced out or closer together.

sorry, double posted, i'm new here.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#77 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by P0ta3t0_chips
is it possible to make teeth/fang sliders?
Not CAS parts or items, but making the teeth mesh larger or smaller, more spaced out or closer together.

sorry, double posted, i'm new here.

It's possible but there are potential difficulties. You'd have to use a DMap morph since the teeth mesh isn't numbered for BGEO morphs, and the teeth are so close to the fingers, tongue, and eyeballs in the uv1 that you might get some distortion. Also there's no teeth region for sliders so you'd have to tack it onto another region's sliders.

If you want to try, you can export the lod0 teeth mesh from a teeth CAS part as an .obj, and use that as your base mesh to make a DMap following the tutorial for making a slider using a DMap.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#78 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
It's possible but there are potential difficulties. You'd have to use a DMap morph since the teeth mesh isn't numbered for BGEO morphs, and the teeth are so close to the fingers, tongue, and eyeballs in the uv1 that you might get some distortion. Also there's no teeth region for sliders so you'd have to tack it onto another region's sliders.

If you want to try, you can export the lod0 teeth mesh from a teeth CAS part as an .obj, and use that as your base mesh to make a DMap following the tutorial for making a slider using a DMap.

I might try it, and i'll probably keep the slider subtle enough to prevent or minimize distortion. Will report in a few hours/days if it works.
Test Subject
#79 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 9:49 AM
Can this program be used to extract the textures from different basegame presets such as eyes, noses and chins? I've gone through the various "Build" packages and extracted some textures, but I've been unable to match them up with the corresponding presets.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#80 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChrissiBee
Can this program be used to extract the textures from different basegame presets such as eyes, noses and chins? I've gone through the various "Build" packages and extracted some textures, but I've been unable to match them up with the corresponding presets.

Yes. You can go into the tab to edit morph packages, clone the preset, click the button to clone the Sculpt, then in the Edit Sculpts tab export the texture.

There are no names for the presets, but you can get a good idea of what they do from the sim modifier names and the preset preview.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#81 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 12:19 AM
Yes. You can go into the tab to edit morph packages, clone the preset, click the button to clone the Sculpt, then in the Edit Sculpts tab export the texture.

There are no names for the presets, but you can get a good idea of what they do from the sim modifier names and the preset preview.

Just gave it a try. Exactly what I needed! Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#82 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 10:34 AM
Hello! This program will help me to export a head already modeled in the CAS of the game? For example as a .obj file?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#83 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SeluXereZ
Hello! This program will help me to export a head already modeled in the CAS of the game? For example as a .obj file?

No, it can only export presets or single morphs. It should be possible to read a sim's data and export it as a morphed mesh but this program can't do that.

Test Subject
#84 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 11:35 AM
I've run into an issue with a custom ear preset. Following you preset tutorial, I basically just moved a few vertices at the bottom to create a different earlobe shape, using the adult male head. I put it in my game and it worked, but I found that if I tried to switch to any other preset, the new earlobe shape was retained.

I would've expected changing presets to reset the whole ear. Did I do something wrong, or is this the intended effect? How can I reset the ear shape?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#85 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 2:44 PM
How did you construct the preset - using a sculpt or a modifier? Did you set the region to Ears in both the sculpt/modifier and the preset?

If that doesn't help, please upload your package so I can take a look.

Test Subject
#86 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 3:45 PM
How did you construct the preset - using a sculpt or a modifier? Did you set the region to Ears in both the sculpt/modifier and the preset?

If that doesn't help, please upload your package so I can take a look.

Oops--I forgot to set the region when creating the sculpt. 😳 It's working now!
Test Subject
#87 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 5:07 PM
Hello, I'm having trouble creating DMaps. I already chose all the DMaps Sizes and even then the error happens if I add Base Robe, if I do not put the Robe, it works normal. But this happens only in Masculine, in feminine it does not happen!

Lab Assistant
#88 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 6:41 PM
No, it can only export presets or single morphs. It should be possible to read a sim's data and export it as a morphed mesh but this program can't do that.

Thank!

I hope someone who knows the subject works on that, half simmer community wants it, because to texturize with "skinblend" is much more field to do it on the already sculpted mesh. I dream with that moment

*}·SeluXereZ·{*
Test Subject
#89 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 10:04 PM
Looks Sooooo Cool! Maybe One Day You Can Make A Default Skin Creator!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#90 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thiagomichel
Hello, I'm having trouble creating DMaps. I already chose all the DMaps Sizes and even then the error happens if I add Base Robe, if I do not put the Robe, it works normal. But this happens only in Masculine, in feminine it does not happen!

Please upload the base and morph meshes you're having trouble with (all four, skintight and robe) so I can take a look.

Test Subject
#91 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 10:40 PM
Default Can you use already made sims to make presets?
^ is this possible? Thank you!

*edit

I have this preset that i found on a grim reaper sim with a nose i like, but its not close to any of the presets already in game (shape and texture).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#92 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 11:40 PM
Absolutely lovely! I'll give this a go later this month, and I'll let you know if it works out with Autodesk Maya. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#93 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 2:52 PM
Hello. it there any way to actually morph the characters? I was thinking about making a conjoined twin if it's possible.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#94 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MariDaPanda
Hello. it there any way to actually morph the characters? I was thinking about making a conjoined twin if it's possible.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'morph the characters'.

You're not going to be able to make conjoined twins with a morph. You could make a twin as an accessory but it wouldn't animate and IMO it wouldn't be satisfactory. The other possibility would be to make a full body outfit in the form of conjoined twins by joining two outfits along with their own heads and feet. That could work but I imagine there would be a lot of problems with animations.

Test Subject
#95 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 9:45 PM
Is there a way to create sliders that only alter the fat morphs, or only alter the fit morphs? Or is there a way to replace the default fat/fit morphs? Great tool!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#96 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 12:19 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 12th Aug 2018 at 11:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by XBBCX7891
Is there a way to create sliders that only alter the fat morphs, or only alter the fit morphs? Or is there a way to replace the default fat/fit morphs? Great tool!

The easiest way is probably this:

Go to the 'Create/Edit Slider and/or Preset Package' / 'Add/Edit Sim Modifiers' tab
Click the 'Clone Sim Modifier' button
In the list find the yfheadBody_Fit, yfheadBody_Heavy, ymheadBody_Fit, and ymheadBody_Heavy sim modifiers, select them, at the bottom of the window select default replacement, and click the Clone Selected button
You'll then have the list of default replacement sim modifiers in MorphMaker. You can Click the Preview button and export the EA morphed mesh if you want to use that as a starting point.
In the 'Create DMaps' tab export the appropriate base meshes, make your morph meshes, and generate DMaps
Back in the Sim Modifiers tab, replace the DMaps with your own

That should give you a default replacement for whatever morph you want to replace.

- Edited to replace BGEO with DMap

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 6:16 AM
Awesome, thank you!
Test Subject
#98 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 9:12 AM
I tried all that you said, saved sim modifier, then saved as package into the mods folder. It won't show in the game. I can get my custom sliders to show in the game, but I can't get the default replacement to work.
A couple questions which may or may not be related:
In the create DMaps tab, what are the bodyblends for?
In the add/edit sim modifiers tab, should I be selecting a region?
Also, I'm assuming you meant to go to the 'Create DMaps' tab rather than 'Create BGEO' tab to export the base meshes?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#99 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 1:58 PM
In the DMap creation, the BodyBlend indicates the purpose of the DMap. For the heavy morph you should select BODYBLENDTYPE_HEAVY, etc. For morphs that don't fit any of the categories you should use BODYBLENDTYPE_IGNORE. I've only experimented with BODYBLENDTYPE_AVERAGE once but it seemed to create DMaps that are applied to all sims of the selected age/gender. I'm not sure of that, though.

The region of the cloned sim modifiers should be left at BODY.

Thanks for the correction!

After experimentation, it looks like despite EA giving us the names of the weight/fitness sim modifiers and including them in the game files, they're not actually used. We'll have to do this the hard way, by doing default replacements of the DMaps themselves. I tested this and it works. MorphMaker is not set up to do this and when you replace a DMap it gives it a custom identifier.

I've attached packages containing the EA male and female fit and heavy DMaps. You'll have to use s4pe to replace those DMaps with your own, without changing the TGI identifiers. Click on each one and you can see in the right-hand panel if it's the shape or normals DMap. Let me know if you have any problems or need more detailed instructions in using s4pe. I'll see if I can add this function to MorphMaker for the future.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Fit and Heavy EA DMaps.zip (1.61 MB, 77 downloads)

Test Subject
#100 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 10:01 PM Last edited by XBBCX7891 : 12th Aug 2018 at 10:11 PM.
In the DMap creation, the BodyBlend indicates the purpose of the DMap. For the heavy morph you should select BODYBLENDTYPE_HEAVY, etc. For morphs that don't fit any of the categories you should use BODYBLENDTYPE_IGNORE. I've only experimented with BODYBLENDTYPE_AVERAGE once but it seemed to create DMaps that are applied to all sims of the selected age/gender. I'm not sure of that, though.

The region of the cloned sim modifiers should be left at BODY.

Thanks for the correction!

After experimentation, it looks like despite EA giving us the names of the weight/fitness sim modifiers and including them in the game files, they're not actually used. We'll have to do this the hard way, by doing default replacements of the DMaps themselves. I tested this and it works. MorphMaker is not set up to do this and when you replace a DMap it gives it a custom identifier.

I've attached packages containing the EA male and female fit and heavy DMaps. You'll have to use s4pe to replace those DMaps with your own, without changing the TGI identifiers. Click on each one and you can see in the right-hand panel if it's the shape or normals DMap. Let me know if you have any problems or need more detailed instructions in using s4pe. I'll see if I can add this function to MorphMaker for the future.

I'm not sure whether I'm looking at it wrong, but S4PE is showing both DMaps for all 4 files as the fit morph for the respective gender, and all are showing shape, no normals.

Where did you pull those DMaps from? SimulationFullBuild0 ?

Sorry to keep bothering you. I think I've made more posts in the past couple days than I did the last 13 years I've been on this site! This really is an amazing program! It makes it easy for someone like me with only a moderate amount of computer knowledge (minored in CS for my Bachelors degree) to create our own mods!
Page 4 of 26