Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 1:35 AM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 5th Sep 2021 at 3:57 AM.
Default Help with footbridge object for CAW
Hi!
I found a very cute footbridge converted from sims 4 in the Dreamers Bay world https://gruesim.tumblr.com/post/181.../world-overview and I'm wondering if it would be possible to make it more like an actual bridge so the water can run under it. In the Dreamers Bay world, they have the sides hidden with rocks and such but this would look so nice if the water could flow under it or maybe have sides like the OneArchBridge as seen below. The great thing about the footbridge is that sims can actually route across it. Any ideas on how to do this? Hopefully it will not be too complicated as I'm not so great with modding although I recently have learned a few things, mainly recoloring and adding objects to Create a World. I'm hoping someone with more advanced skills could possibly fix it to work as described above. Thanks in advance for any help! Edit: Changing the water level helped with the look but then it throws off the other parts of the world.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 8:05 AM
Sims can route over it now the same as they can route over the Riverview "bridge", because there is solid terrain underneath. The bridge is just a decorative object. It would require cloning an actual bridge and importing this mesh and then use meshing magic to make it work. How to do that I have no clue It would be a new object. It would be great to have more bridges, the choice is really limited.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Sep 2021 at 1:31 PM
Thanks Norn! Glad to hear from you - hope all is well with you?!
As far as bridges, I guess I'll just do without. I tried fooling with all that modding stuff but I just don't have the knack for it.