Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TingTong
Seriously....how is that good...i think their aiming at low end graphics cards once again.....*waits till sims 4*...

See the top of that page- "no bladder bars" wooooooooooo

Are you clicking on the picture to zoom in? If not, it looks a lot better when zoomed in.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:22 PM
My job blocks snooty, anybody save the pic? Willing to upload to photobucket?
Scholar
#53 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:22 PM
Oh God, that plumbob made my mouth water.... and my graphics card cry.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#54 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:25 PM
Faithlove13xxx, I won't say I have ever wet the floor, died of starvation or turned into a zombie. The game does have realism and fantasy. Although regardless of age, what needs to come out needs may come out on its own. Some adults do wet the floor, themselves, and whatever else; in game, it just always lands on the floor.

I like that my Sims pee, as weird as that sounds. I rather my Sims' neighborhood be restricted to their little residential area than not have needs. I feel The Sims is to be a life simulator, not just a social simulator. It would undermine any goal of more realism if the Sims will just idle between activities and social interactions. Sure, there is more to life than emptying one's bladder....but walking downtown is not more important than nourishment.

What would be the point of having Sim houses, if the Sim never needs to be taken care of? What would be the point of a hunger need, if it does not keep them alive? Without needs or hobbies, the Sims would endless be wandering the streets looking for people.

Would their lives be: go to work, come to a "home" that is just an empty shell (no needs --so no need for bedrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, etc), go out about town, come home, and repeat with social interactions mixed all through out?

Added: One TS2 preview said that a Sim who saw a fire as a child would fear stoves as an adult, but this never came to be. In TS2, there was originally going to be a "hunger" and a "thirst" need...as well as a "family" and "friend" social meter.....so maybe they will change their minds about this too?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
#55 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:39 PM
doubt it

Rod Humble is the director now, not WW
He seems to be going in a different direction
Mad Poster
#56 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:48 PM
The sims look good to me, really love the spiky hair on the girl in the yellow teeshirt. But what I love more is the CITY. Am I the only one seeing it? It looks like a real city, with parks and alleys and ponds and people walking and joggin by. Me loves eaxis!

Photobucketed for Cinamun

#57 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:58 PM
It looks good to me. I don't mind sacrificing 100% mind blowing graphics. I love the hair on the girl with the yellow tee haha! I want it now. I must get that magazine, seriously.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#58 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
doubt it

Rod Humble is the director now, not WW
He seems to be going in a different direction

That's fine if he does. A wise man once told me "Progress is always change....but change is not always progress."

A different direction may not necessarily be the best direction.

Time will tell, though. My interest in TS3 may grow. However, without more in-depth explanation of the more "this is at least 90% certainty how it will be when it ships" features or videos of high-resolution and quality, my interest in TS3 is minimal at best. Some of the early TS2 pictures were more like TS1 (yes, I know they said there did some work on TS3 with 2d graphics) than what we have now with TS2. I hope that this is a similarly early-stage of the graphics.

The glassy plumbbob is nice, but that is currently the only aesthetically pleasing TS3 thing I have seen so far in my opinion. I still feel like the Sims are not Sims without the individual needs.

Our societies may be different, but our individual needs are the same. We may have different goals, but we all know what hunger is. It is something that links all humans together, regardless of culture. I feel like the Sims' world would have a large hole without it.

Am I the only one that feels this way?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Scholar
#59 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 10:06 PM
Thank you Crocobaura, I shall now give you cookies
Mad Poster
#60 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 10:07 PM
Well, maybe they will still bladder needs, but they will be fulfilled autonomously. So you'd still need to make sure they have a useable bathroom. I would definitely like that.

mmm, yummy cookies...
Scholar
#61 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 10:10 PM
I also love the spiky haired girl, and also, the prospect of one all inclusive neighborhood as opposed to sub-hoods and and the seperate neighborhoods now.

This is a quote from the Sims 2 south africa old site which is now called infinite sims due to copyright issues (lol)

Quote:
The town and park you see on the cover image exist in the same seamless space as your Sims' household, and what you do outside your home now matters as much as what you do within.

The game also sees a major shift in how Sims' motives are handled: Individual meters indicating bladder and sleep-deprivation levels are replaced by a new system of discrete moods so they can focus more on, well, going out on the brand new town.

http://www.infinitesims.com/
#62 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 10:11 PM
wellll..... i certainly have not posted here in like.... a bajillion years...... but this is what i found anyways while i was on youtube and it reminded me of my simming days. haha. and its the first stages of sims 3 i guess....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xTipLHIj4s
#63 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 10:43 PM
I hope that is not true. I personally like the individual meters.

Quote: Originally posted by Cinamun
I also love the spiky haired girl, and also, the prospect of one all inclusive neighborhood as opposed to sub-hoods and and the seperate neighborhoods now.

This is a quote from the Sims 2 south africa old site which is now called infinite sims due to copyright issues (lol)

http://www.infinitesims.com/
Scholar
#64 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 10:45 PM
Hmm individual meters replaced by discreet moods.. so instead of their bar dropping, they'll get all pissy (no pun intended) and start yelling at random Sims or.. kicking the dog.. or.. other moody type things...?

LOL!
#65 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 10:47 PM
The one thing that i hope will come with the sims 3 is different body types and different age groups. they should definately add preteen, because going from being a 8 year old to a 17 year old is just ridiculous
#66 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zzapp16
The one thing that i hope will come with the sims 3 is different body types and different age groups. they should definately add preteen, because going from being a 8 year old to a 17 year old is just ridiculous

different body types have already been more or less confirms

Check the Everything we know about TS3 thread in the Information forum
Mad Poster
#67 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:00 PM
There will be more bodyshapes. If anyone buys this magazine, please post the articles.

Scholar
#68 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:03 PM
*places face on monitor, squints eyes, tries to read article*
Mad Poster
#69 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:04 PM
it's really just an advertisement...

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3166817
#70 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:09 PM
sigh

I posted that like an hour ago on the information threads...

ALSO
You cannot buy the mag right now
It comes out the 18th...one day before the site opens
Ahuh

The only way we can see it early is if a subscriber scans it for us, because theirs was mailed today.
Scholar
#71 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:11 PM
Yeah well..... I didn't see it there, so i'm commenting here. I think I mentioned I was at work and unable to access those pictures. So thanks again Crocobaura (moar cookies!!)

I think we're all doing a great job of providing each other with this new and exciting information Faith.

We dont all know everything about this new game, so let's also not pretend we do and just be the excited little sims addicts that we all are.
#72 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:17 PM
The thread is called the Everything we know about TS3
Not I know everything About ts3
I made it weeks ago so that this forum would be ready with lots of info and not get scattered

But fine, make fun of it if you want or whatever.
I usually find this info on my own anyway, I don't really come here for info, I come here to give it.
Scholar
#73 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:20 PM
I don't think anyone here is making fun of anything Faith. I too know the proper outlets to receive new and updated information, however at work, I cannot access those sites. Yours and others efforts are appreciated.

I felt that sighing and pointing out a link you posted an hour ago was unecessary considering I couldn't access it anyway. Maybe others couldn't also.
#74 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:23 PM
Whatever, the guy posted a link, not the photos.
That;'s who I was talking about

And if you can;t get my link you cannot get his.
So you're argument lacks logic.

The point is I took the time to organize and quickly update the information threads that were already here, and I don't need anyone bitching at me over pointing out that there are faster ways to get the information.
Scholar
#75 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:26 PM
Wait?

I'm bitching at you?

What are you even talking about?? I'm not even arguing, i'm talking about the pictures Crocobaura posted... You're talking about who's link again? I'm talking about not being able to access the 1up site.. You're talking about what now?

Faith.. relax dear.

You're attitude is probably completely unecessary considering I just read the rules of this section and your organizational skills, albiet nicely done, are not the sole way to get information around here.

If anything, you're bitching at me because you misunderstood me.

Tsk tsk.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Outdated
Page 3 of 6