Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Phae's Phone Book- Look Up Neighbors' Numbers!

by Phaenoh Posted 17th Jun 2011 at 6:54 PM - Updated 11th Mar 2013 at 8:50 PM by Phaenoh

328 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 247 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 14
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:55 AM
You think you could make/convert this for the sims 3? Thanks
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#52 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:28 AM
now that's useful!, a phone book!, HA! starting like you Phaenoh sama, downloading now
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#53 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:34 AM
wow, that is a really smart idea Phae.
just wow. thank you this is really awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:54 AM
This is amazing. One of those things where once you have it, you have no idea how you ever did without them Thank you so much for your hard work on this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#55 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 9:00 AM
Thank you so much this is just what I need it frustrates me so much when members of my large families don't know their own cousins, aunts and uncles! well done and thanks for the hard work and sticking at it so we can all enjoy this!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#56 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 10:46 AM
this is one of small yet meaningful downloads! no massive download sets (yet always appreciated!), no freaky weird thing... *this* will definately have a massive impact on my game!!! it was mostly needed! for once, I won't need to use patches so often anymore, for my sims to know each other! plus, last but not least: it totally makes sense! it's the most natural thing to look up for a number on the phone book! so plus points for the realism! kudos to you.

thank you a million times for having brightned my otherwise gray and very rainy Sunday
Scholar
THANKS POST
#57 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:18 PM
sooo exicted to try this out!! you always have such amazing projects/add-ons!! I am truly floored by the detail (yes the attention to the small stuff is everything ;D ) ...please pardon any poor spelling or anything oddly worded, haven't slept...
question: (it is uni related) there is a sim dressed a cow that I am having a hard time tracking down (one of my playables has the hots for her) she doesn't show in the regular "call sim", will she show thru this? I am so definately downloading this, but haven't time (or coherent thought process) to play for awhile...cheers!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#58 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:39 PM
I always searched for a possible way to do exactly what this book does! Thank you very very much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#59 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 2:18 PM
This is awesome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 2:45 PM
Thank you SO much! I've been looking for something like this for ages, it will come in handy for finding sims I wanted to be friends with others!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#61 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 4:08 PM
Crikey - I popped in to say thank you for this mod and had to wade through oodles of comments

I know you love your comments and always read them, and you sure deserve MILLIONS of thanks for this mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:17 PM
Thanks so much for taking the time to create this! It sounds amazing and I can't wait to try it out in-game!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#63 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:45 PM
My romance Sims thank you! Now they no longer have to endlessly troll the nightclubs for new dates. Actually it simplifies more than that but this is where it will have the most immediate impact on my game. Thanks so much for your hard work and for sharing this!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#64 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 5:46 PM
Awesomesauce! Hope this gets featured or at the very least, becomes a special pick. An incredibly useful item, thanks Phaenoh and Echo!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:10 PM
Yay!!! I am so excited about this! I've thought something like this has been needed for a long time and I can't wait to try it out! Thanks so much for all the hard work, it looks amazing!!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mastarlolz
You think you could make/convert this for the sims 3? Thanks
Do people even bother to look to see if I *ever* have created for TS3?
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
question: (it is uni related) there is a sim dressed a cow that I am having a hard time tracking down (one of my playables has the hots for her) she doesn't show in the regular "call sim", will she show thru this? I am so definately downloading this, but haven't time (or coherent thought process) to play for awhile...cheers!
Sadly, I don't think so. If you already know the sim they won't be listed in the phone book. So if you already have a cow in your relationship panel it won't be in mine. I think I also noticed that the mascots were uncallable so I removed them from the list to begin with. My best suggests for your problem are take your sim to a Uni comm lot and hope to see them, or give up on Bessie and let her be the 'one that got away'

Thanks for all the great comments everyone, I love hearing how it will have an impact on your games!
Field Researcher
#67 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:05 PM
I love this phonebook it works great,makes it much easier too contact family members without waiting for one too walk by and a plus for popularity sims too.Great job thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#68 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 8:03 PM
so awesome as well as needed! Thanks a bunch!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 1:56 AM
What a great idea! Simply genius! Thank you
Zombie Socks
THANKS POST
#70 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:10 AM
HELL. YES. Thank you SO much! :D
#71 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 3:51 AM
Have uni, played this in debug mode and got the same error messages as the other poster just to see if it was uni related.

I'm thinking it's possibly a conflict with a teleporter. This phone book and a teleporter basically do the same action right. Give access to people you don't know?

Only teleporter-ish item I currently have is the sim blender from simbology.
Retired Duck
retired moderator THANKS POST
#72 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 4:13 AM
So glad to see this posted! Very nice work Phae. :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 9:28 AM
Thank you so much! I totaly needed a book like this! :*
Test Subject
#74 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:30 PM
I don't normally comment, but I have to say that this is absolutely ingenious and I have needed this for a very long time! The amount of times I've just 'hung' around a lot hoping to bump into a certain sim (and more often that not failed!). Big Thanks! :D
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SingleClawDesigns
Have uni, played this in debug mode and got the same error messages as the other poster just to see if it was uni related.

I'm thinking it's possibly a conflict with a teleporter. This phone book and a teleporter basically do the same action right. Give access to people you don't know?
What other EPs do you have? And no, they don't basically do the same thing How they do it is very different and that's why it wouldn't conflict. What error message are you seeing, and what happens right before?

Thanks for the comments everyone! And thank you Echo, again for all your hard work. These are your compliment comments too!
Page 3 of 14