Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[13/04] BlackCat007's Cooking & Ingredients Overhaul (Compatible with Patch 1.63-1.67)

by anak_ponti Posted 21st Jun 2012 at 4:56 PM - Updated 13th Apr 2014 at 12:57 PM by anak_ponti

391 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 312 Feedback Posts, 78 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 16
Test Subject
#76 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 7:27 AM
Hmmm ... really? I could swear when I was using her's, Waffles showed up at Level 0 Cooking. :shrug:

Anyway, I changed it back to Level 0 ... still, thanks for the update. Saved me the trouble of doing it myself.
Test Subject
#77 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 4:18 PM Last edited by roymend : 17th Sep 2012 at 8:38 PM.
Hi anak ponti.

I just bought supernatural a few days ago, and then I saw this mod.
First I must say: It's amazing!!! I can't play without this mod! Thank you so much!

But still, this mod is incomplete: All of the supernatural recipes requires only 2 ingredients. Can you fix that? It shouldn't be a problem, the only missing ingredient is a new fish, shrimp, for the "Firecracker Shrimp" recipe. The other recipes already have their ingredients in this mod.

Thanks again!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#78 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 12:27 AM Last edited by anak_ponti : 18th Sep 2012 at 2:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by roymend
Hi anak ponti.

I just bought supernatural a few days ago, and then I saw this mod.
First I must say: It's amazing!!! I can't play without this mod! Thank you so much!

But still, this mod is incomplete: All of the supernatural recipes requires only 2 ingredients. Can you fix that? It shouldn't be a problem, the only missing ingredient is a new fish, shrimp, for the "Firecracker Shrimp" recipe. The other recipes already have their ingredients in this mod.

Thanks again!

Actually yesterday I had finished tweaking SN recipes (including firecracker shrimp), but hadn't upload it yet. Then I saw your comment about shrimp (I don't realize it exist) and made me go tweak again. Maybe today I will upload the new revision. Thank you for your idea.

EDIT: because there is no shrimp ingame, I changed it with lobster (they are similar, right?).
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#79 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 2:22 AM
Supernatural EP7 changes.
Changes: all EP7 recipes can be served at any time
Changes: add Glow Orb, Spotlight Mushrooms, Red Toadstools, Mycenas, Mandrake, Red Valerian and Wolfbane to buy list at grocerystore only for all buyable version
Changes: recipe tweaks
Chilli Con Carne Steak, Ghost Chilli (add "Tomato")
Vegetarian Chili Tofu, Ghost Chilli (add "Tomato")
Mushroom Omelette White Caps, Bell Pepper, Egg (no changes)
Hot And Sour Soup Porcinis, Ghost Chilli (add "Egg")
Firecracker Shrimp Honey, Ghost Chilli (add "Lobster") there is no shrimp in game
Firecracker Tofu Honey, Ghost Chilli (add "Tofu")
Aloo Masala Curry Potato, Ghost Chilli, Tomato (no changes)
Porcini Risotto Porcinis, Onion (add "Rice")
Potato And Truffle Torte Truffle, Egg, Potato (no changes)
Ceviche Fish, Ghost Chilli, Lime (no changes)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 3:49 PM
I absolutely love this mod!

My game has been updated to the most recent version (1.38) however I don't have Supernatural. Either way, my sim is at level 2 of cooking (maybe 3) and she does not know Waffles or Pancakes. Her husband reached level 1 of cooking, however, and was able to learn Waffles. I'm hoping she'll increase one more and get the recipe...

One problem I did run into is that when she read a recipe book, the book wouldn't disappear and she wouldn't learn the recipe. I've removed a couple book mods so I'm hoping that helps. If not, I'll edit this!

Thanks again!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#81 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 4:54 PM
To learn previously unlearned recipe, you can use Nraas MasterController.

About the recipe book, maybe you try to learn the new recipe that come with patch 1.38, however you can't learn it because it needs Supernatural EP.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 2nd Oct 2012 at 11:10 PM
For some reason since I updated my game to the 1.39 verson, this mod doesn't work anymore...D:
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#83 Old 3rd Oct 2012 at 12:10 AM
I haven't updated to patch 1.39 but someone here at MTS says that the patch doesn't change gameplaydata file, so any tuning mod for 1.38 will still work.

Please describe what is the mod doesn't work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#84 Old 4th Oct 2012 at 3:50 PM
I stopped playing Sims when this mod went so outdated. Thank you so very much for updating it!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#85 Old 5th Oct 2012 at 10:56 PM
Well it wont let me start the game. It will exit out telling me that a mod needs to be updated before I can continue to play.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#86 Old 6th Oct 2012 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ohfelicia_marie0110
Well it wont let me start the game. It will exit out telling me that a mod needs to be updated before I can continue to play.

It isn't my mod wrong. That message usually indicates that there is core mod not compatible with your game version. Are you using any core mod such as Awesomemod or Nraas ErrorTrap or other?
Test Subject
#87 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 12:27 AM
Hi Anak,

Is it possible to get the 1.31 version for this mod?
I was ill and it was updated before I could download it. I just started playing again and havn't had the time to update everything to 1.38 version. If not thanks anyway.

To be clear, this mod works with Bluegenjutsu Better Bars mod?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#88 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweetdarling
Hi Anak,

Is it possible to get the 1.31 version for this mod?
I was ill and it was updated before I could download it. I just started playing again and havn't had the time to update everything to 1.38 version. If not thanks anyway.

To be clear, this mod works with Bluegenjutsu Better Bars mod?

Hope you got better. Here you are. I haven't deleted the mod from my harddisk. Remember, if you updated to patch 1.38/1.39, don't use this again. And also this mod includes "Bluegenjutsu Better Bars" mod so no need to use it together.
Test Subject
#89 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anak_ponti
Hope you got better. Here you are. I haven't deleted the mod from my harddisk. Remember, if you updated to patch 1.38/1.39, don't use this again. And also this mod includes "Bluegenjutsu Better Bars" mod so no need to use it together.

Ohhh Thanks Anak! You are wonderful! So happy and I am feeling better now
I don't post often, just read a lot to find info regarding mods so I appreciate you locating this version. You are a blessing to the Sims community
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#90 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 10:35 PM
My sims are unable to cook now. They start cooking but the action will drop halfway through. If I direct them to continue cooking, the action keeps droping and they are unable to complete the task.

This mod was working fine before the patch 1.38/1.39.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#91 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 1:11 AM
Thank you for updating this mod. I have been missing it for awhile.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#92 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ocorreia
My sims are unable to cook now. They start cooking but the action will drop halfway through. If I direct them to continue cooking, the action keeps droping and they are unable to complete the task.

This mod was working fine before the patch 1.38/1.39.

Maybe after you update to patch 1.38/1.39, you download a new mod that conflicts with this mod. Or you still use the outdated version of this mod. Please redownload and try again. Because I has updated this mod to work with patch 1.38/1.39.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#93 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 12:45 AM
I used "Reset Everything" with Nraas Master Controller and now the mod is working fine!

Thanks for keeping this mod alive!
Test Subject
#94 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 9:40 AM
this mod is my favorite mod in game but I really mis the possibility to use Roast and Links Plants at the same time. I tried to merge this two mods but failed with the stbl strings and my turkey plant and the hot dog plant are broken without names.

Is there a change that you can add turkey plant, hot dog plant and now the tofy plant to this mod? My medieval Sims are in a Neighborhood without Stores, they need to plant everything in their own garden and as second reason I want these ingredients in a perfect quality for cooking.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#95 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 11:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Skalden
this mod is my favorite mod in game but I really mis the possibility to use Roast and Links Plants at the same time. I tried to merge this two mods but failed with the stbl strings and my turkey plant and the hot dog plant are broken without names.

Is there a change that you can add turkey plant, hot dog plant and now the tofy plant to this mod? My medieval Sims are in a Neighborhood without Stores, they need to plant everything in their own garden and as second reason I want these ingredients in a perfect quality for cooking.

Like I did say in overview, currenty I don't know how to edit stbl. Similar to your case, I try to add shrimp as new ingredient. But I will see that mod first and then see what I can do.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#96 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 12:36 PM
NEW Update 21-10-2012:
New changes for CookingAndIngredientsOverhaul (both regular and allbuyable version)
Changes: recipe tweaks -->
Firecracker Shrimp --> Honey, Ghost Chilli (add "Shrimp") --> manage to add shrimp in the game, but currently use "fishLobster" for its model name

Some little fix:
Changes: made that Horse Granola set to non-edible by human sims
Changes: made that Macaroni, Spaghetti, Rice and Nori set to edible (because they are used in some recipes)
Changes: made that Bowl Granola and Chicken Breast set to edible (so they can be stored in fridge with Treeag's mod, and also because they are used in some pet recipe)

As for Skalden (and possibly other users) who requested to add Roast Plant and Links Plant to this mod, they have to wait a little longer because currently I had some difficulties. I manage to add the codes for the new plants and also add stbl strings for the plants, but in game, I can't see the interaction "Plant and Plant many" for Roast and Link. Still searching for solution.
Test Subject
#97 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 1:55 PM
hm, I have a version without working stbl strings but with the interactions "plant" and "plant many" for Turkey, HotDogPlant and Tofu :D

maybe a stupid idea, but in my first version I was not able to plant the new plants cause of the opportunity the sims needs in order to plant steak and patty. After I removed this precondition it worked (except for the names in game). For some strange reason I needed to remove the precondition for egg, cheese, patty and steak too.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#98 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 3:15 PM Last edited by anak_ponti : 22nd Oct 2012 at 8:34 AM.
@Skalden: I manage to add tofu plant, links plant & roast plant with opportunity prequisite (no edit stbl yet).

UPD: All newly added plants with stbl are working. But haven't testing till harvest state yet.

UPD2: All new plants work fine till harvest state.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 11:04 AM
sounds great, can hardly wait to see it
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#100 Old 23rd Oct 2012 at 2:17 AM Last edited by anak_ponti : 23rd Oct 2012 at 10:31 AM.
23-10-2012 --> changes to all mod version.
A little update: I forgot to add the new plant's text to other languages to prevent blank text, it's done now. However the text itself still in English.
Please redownload! Sorry for my little mistake.

Adds new plantable:
Tofu Plant --> requires opportunity "Uncommon Goods"
Sausage (Links) Plant & Turkey (Roast) Tree --> both require opportunity "Outstandingly Rare"

Please note that I will not make the No Opportunity version of these mods, as I don't like cheating. These plants is supposedly special type, so getting them easily is not fun anymore.
Page 4 of 16