1 people viewing
Replies: 375 (Who?), Viewed: 19495 times.
Page 9 of 16
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#201 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 8:30 PM
I hope you stay safe @topp , I've seen some video footage of the areas affected by the quake, lots of injury and damage. I hope 2021 will be much better and safer!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Top Secret Researcher
#202 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 9:08 PM
Thank you so much, you're very kind
Scholar
#203 Old 6th Jan 2021 at 6:50 PM
I just got an email about one of my classes that's starting in like 2 weeks and basically that entire class has been compressed to be taught in 5 days. We're like gonna die at our desks I swear. 08:00 to 19:00 with only a single 20 minute break scheduled. Teach had better give us 10 min breaks every so often because my brain really cannot pay attention to things for more than 45 mins at a time, so like the 1.5hr thing teachers have been doing is already past my limit. So like big oof
Mad Poster
#204 Old 11th Jan 2021 at 11:21 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 12th Jan 2021 at 4:30 PM.
Yesterday: Snow nearly gone, hoping the ice is not so bad, but all in all looking like the white sky cr*p was going away.

Today: Wakes up, comes upstairs, looks out the window... *swears loudly* Friggin' nearly 30 cm snow (about a foot) in one night. I had no choice but going out in all of this. Plow trucks are slow, sidewalks are even worse than the roads, and where it is plowed it's slippery because the slush/ice from the last snowfall hasn't gone completely away and everything gets trampled down to make more ice slush that freezes over. Coming home, the plow truck had made a half meter (or something like that - it went up to at least my knees) heap of snow in front of the house I had to trudge through.

Tomorrow: Possibility of more snow. If so, I'm definitely staying indoors

Maybe I'm extra pissed-off because I haven't slept very well this weekend. Had to wear some medical equipment, and it both itches (the stickers) and pokes (the wires) everywhere (only comfortable way to lie down was on my back, and I can't sleep on my back). Kept nodding off in the couch and in front of the computer, etc. all weekend. But finally got rid of it, so looking forward to a good night's sleep.

Oh, and had to get a new phone because my trusty old one half-died (still works, just not as a phone - stupid upgrades to the network...). Not too fond of the new one (the old one had functions I preferred, but it's ancient in today's standards) but I guess I'll get used to it after a while.
Top Secret Researcher
#205 Old 14th Jan 2021 at 7:28 PM
Default Electrical power outage.
Power Outage! So ready for it!
Not really a big deal. The only thing I'd do different is replace the big generator with a smaller one just to run the furnace and the refrigerators. The big generator is too big for this old man to use and uses too much gasoline. I dragged out the little emergency heater and the camp stove. Already had the flashlights with extra batteries out. All set, right? Food, light and heat!
Ready? You thought wrong!
I live with internet & screen junkies. They also like to complain and argue, so no screen + bad mood + nothing better to do = lots of arguments. This wasn't peaceful to me. I was trying to read a book but I kept getting "when will the power come back on", "my phone isn't charged", "Why did my phones get so slow? My phone won't work!" (because you used up all the high speed and your data is now throttled) I need to add a USB phone charger to my power-outage supplies. I have two, but neither one of them works.
I love these Light emitting Diode (LED) flashlights and light bulbs. I'm replacing all the lightbulbs in the house with LEDs and throwing out the florescent and incandescent bulbs.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#206 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 6:50 PM
My cat just managed to squeeze himself out through a small gap in the screened door. Stupid me, yelling at the squirrels to stay away from the peanuts meant for the blue-jays. Now I've lost my sweet boy, and it's freezing out.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Top Secret Researcher
#207 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 8:42 PM
I heard putting the cat's box outside your door helps AWOL cats out on an adventure find home.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#208 Old 30th Jan 2021 at 10:10 PM
He's back! Hours missing and he just strolls in, head high and proud as anything once the door slid open.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#209 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 8:46 PM
3' of snow. Bone-chilling, freezing cold. Ways out shut down.

Any questions?

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
#210 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 9:16 PM
The Boy pays his car insurance yearly so he doesn't have to pay 'payment fees'.  This has worked well, until today.

Apparently when he signed up with the car insurance company he is currently with, they decided that they would offer him a discount if he agreed to have his policy sent to him via email.  We don't do any type of billing for anything over the internet as companies like to 'lose' payments. I digress.  He sez he didn't agree to that, they say he did...whatever. 

With all of the garbage that is going on right now with Google and other big tech, he is not going to sign up for anything. Instead, he has paid $40.00 because this company sent him a copy of his policy.  A car insurance policy where we live is a couple of pages, it doesn't cost anywhere near $40.00 to send it first class mail which is how they send everything.  When I called this bullshit out for what it is to said insurance company, of course they said  "No! No! No! We're not charging him to send his policy..." but that's exactly what they're doing. Agree to have crap sent to email or pay $40.00.  I can be really stupid about a lot of things, but this is straightforward. 

The Boy will not be earning any 'loyalty points' with said company as they've already been informed that we're not doing this crap again by the end of this year.  To add further insult to injury, the insurance agent or the people we're supposed to call added crap to his policy that he didn't want nor agreed to, so there's another bunch that will be dumped like a bad habit. This is the same insurance agent that told me that Jack Russell Terriers were on the 'bad dog list' for homeowners after we had ours put down going 3 years ago this summer.

If these asshole companies are going to charge $40.00 to send a couple sheets of 8" x 11" pieces of paper, they could at least make it worth the while and use better paper.  The crap they send is cheap, thin and flimsy.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#211 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 1:06 AM
Dyed my hair... didn't properly rinse out all the dye.

Grandpa might kill me.

I made a promise not to wreck the fixtures (too late)
I am out of shape in terms of hair care (very much so)

To top it off, I am the only one paying rent (my parents live rent free)

Scholar
#212 Old 8th Feb 2021 at 6:26 PM
Uni, life, the ususal
Top Secret Researcher
#213 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 6:48 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 12th Feb 2021 at 7:34 PM. Reason: Other message was just too darn grim.
I can't do anything right, according to someone. That includes knitting, sewing, washing clothes, doing dishes, making dinner, child raising, science ... all of it, including feeding the dog.
Every dog she's ever owned has been fat. Her dogs were fat long before we even met. She really believes in leaving a bowl of kibble on the floor so she doesn't have to bother with feeding them twice a day. Then I get blamed because the dogs are fat. Yes, I give them treats for training. The dogs come when I call. She complains the dogs are out to get her because they don't come when she calls.
So, I read up on how to feed a dog. Dogs for Dummies, Dog Owners manual, dog food cans. Okay! 3.5 ounces (weight) per 10 pounds of dog. Put the kibble up and start feeding.
She goes out and buys this "dog food" that is mostly water. I opened the can and checked: 12 net ounces (weight) but only 8 ounces (weight) was dog food and the rest was water.
I give it to the dog. Dog throws it up. In my world, if a dog (or cat) can't eat it, it's not really dog (or cat) food.

Okay, truth is I really can't Knit. I've been trying! YouTube videos. I had half a decent cast on and then something bad happened and it became tangle on a stick. I'll learn to knit.

I am blessed that this is the worst I have to complain about. :D

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#214 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 9:19 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 25th Feb 2021 at 12:40 AM. Reason: updated
@Emmett Brown   I'm not trying to inject myself into your situation, but if your dog is / has been eating one kind of food, then you give him / her something else, it will cause stomach upset whether that be vomiting and or diarrhea.  If you're going to change your dogs' diet, do it slow and over a couple of weeks.  A couple of tablespoons at time mixed with his / her regular food until the transition is complete.

On to my own thing...  RIP new Fiddle Leaf Fig.  Upon cutting off damaged leaves this afternoon, I quickly discovered there would be nothing left as all the leaves have the same damage and same mushy stems. Moral of the story:  Don't order plants from online unless you know the business that is selling them is reputable.  In this particular case, the plant came from a big box store. 

This is not normal; nor was it mold or fungus as internet suggests as it wasn't fuzzy.  It was like somebody dumped a bottle of bleach on the plant.  To say that I'm pissed is a understatement. Fortunately I didn't spend a lot of money on it, but it was still money that could be been spent in better ways and better places.

EDIT: I meant to edit this; it slipped my mind.  I ended up getting a refund for this plant.  The Philodendron Xanadu I ordered along with this Fiddle Leaf is doing great; it came from a different nursery.
Screenshots
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#215 Old 13th Feb 2021 at 10:26 PM
My 5th day at my new apartment and I managed to set the fire alarm off HEATING UP WATER!! Since we can't turn off the alarms I sat to wait for the fire department....

THAT isn't what ruined my day. What put a real damper on the whole experience was the blingbling of the wedding ring on the finger of that cute fireman.....

(PS - there was something on the coil/element which caused it to smoke.. what it was I dunno... might be a new coil though, it looks newer than the others, and had a coating that needs to burn off? Whichever. Sheesh. As soon as I saw smoke I turned on the fan and opened windows. I heard the smoke detectors here are sensitive but this was c-r-a-z-y!!)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#216 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 12:20 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 15th Feb 2021 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Clarity
Not being able to set aside time to draw or attempt to play a game that requires Flash. Personally, I am "head-on-a-pike" angry at whoever thought it was a good idea to discontinue it. Numerous sites based in the US and worldwide relied heavily upon Adobe Flash.

As for drawing, I have been meaning to use the workbooks I received in the mail. So far, I drew Winnie the Pooh smiling and Squidward Tentacles walking away angry as per usual.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#217 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustluvcatz
My 5th day at my new apartment and I managed to set the fire alarm off HEATING UP WATER!! Since we can't turn off the alarms I sat to wait for the fire department....

THAT isn't what ruined my day. What put a real damper on the whole experience was the blingbling of the wedding ring on the finger of that cute fireman.....

(PS - there was something on the coil/element which caused it to smoke.. what it was I dunno... might be a new coil though, it looks newer than the others, and had a coating that needs to burn off? Whichever. Sheesh. As soon as I saw smoke I turned on the fan and opened windows. I heard the smoke detectors here are sensitive but this was c-r-a-z-y!!)

Because we tend to cook at home, we tend to take caution. Remember, I have set two electric ranges on fire, but had learned in process how to operate a kitchen fire extinguisher.

Top Secret Researcher
#218 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 12:46 AM
I bought the wrong sized pickets for my fence! I wanted 6' boards, but grabbed 5' boards not seeing the difference other than the boards I grabbed cost half as much. When I go to nail them up, then I saw the difference. the top fence stringer was more than 5' up! I either had to move the top stinger I just put up down, or find some 6' pickets.
So I re-used some of the old fence pickets that came down in the storm, if they weren't too rotten.
I have three more panels to do, and I'm going to use the cheaper 5' pickets because half as much. Sure, they won't look as nice, but I don't care. Sorry about my neighbors sensibilities but I'm poor.

Sims are better than us.
Field Researcher
#219 Old 16th Feb 2021 at 9:07 PM Last edited by Dixieland : 13th Apr 2021 at 6:37 PM.
All this elite modding club bulls*** is getting to me! It's probably not exclusive to Skyrim modding, but damn if they don't like to have their little social cliques and petty partnerships! What is the deal!?

Test Subject
#220 Old 18th Feb 2021 at 4:47 PM
everytime im constantly reminded of past mistakes i did even tho i try to accept i messed up and try to move on,
i seem still have trouble forgetting them and it ruins my day completely
Alchemist
Original Poster
#221 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 10:09 PM
Taking a shower and pulling out about 5-10 strands of hair while washing my hair.

Now take into account your family (the one you predominantly take after, which in this case, is my father's) has a history of balding men and women's hair thinning and I was screaming on the inside.

Mad Poster
#222 Old 23rd Feb 2021 at 8:28 PM
Probably lost about 100+ strands of hair in the shower just today (if I'd collected everything together it would've been enough to make a small model of Cousin Itt, save for the hat and glasses), but that's nothing new - been losing a lot of hair for a while now, but it got significantly worse when I started my meds. At least its not showing. Still, stupid meds... I think they're affecting my mood lately, too. I'm constantly pissed off or feeling sad at trifles, but not quite sure why. I'm tired, my brain feels a bit wooly. Probably just another side effect. I hate side effects...
Mad Poster
#223 Old 24th Feb 2021 at 11:44 PM
Give people specific instructions to do something.  I couldn't be any more clear short of either holding the persons' hand or doing the task myself.  Do they bother to read said instructions? Nope!  I'm not in the mood for this crap...
Alchemist
Original Poster
#224 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 8:56 PM
Someone hijacked my debit card.

I got an email for a transaction I didn't authorized on Amazon. (Surprised me because I don't remember it) Luckily, the transaction was declined

Then came calling the bank to cancel my card, then they issued a new one that should arrive by next week at the latest and if it's not there by next Thursday, call back.

I had to alert my father that I won't be able to pay my rent, utilities, and bills until the new card arrives and is activated.

Worst part, since I have numerous accounts for numerous boutiques all over the Internet because they are exclusive to their sites, it means logging in to change the billing information.

ARGGH!

I play it safe online and in the real world with my card and yet I deal with someone who thinks sabotaging a future credit score is funny. His IQ must be lower than my supposed credit score, and it's probably -258 (Don't know the threshold of a credit score, never bothered asking.)

Banking sucks, especially when disputing transactions.

Scholar
#225 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 6:58 PM
94% humidity like wtf man that's not ok! It wasn't even hot out but like I couldn't even keep my window open for fresh air cos it was nasty outside
Page 9 of 16