Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#276 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 12:29 AM
I understand what you are saying, but tutorials are there so that you can completely make something from start to finish, then apply that understanding to new objects.

For example, the object you posted was not an object at all, because you did not clone anything. When you follow tutorials 'as-is', it shows you how to do these extra steps.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 10:31 PM
But how do I clone a radio? 'cause I Do not know how to clone my object, and I Searched for the clone another object but no luck

I am truly a Sim Fan
Not a Warcraft or a Civilization,
I am truly a Sim Fan

ttp://www.missingstudios.com/ms/signaturegenerator/finished/mysig_801995495.jpg
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#278 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 1:30 AM
Have you done this tutorial completely? With the painting? And got it working?
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 2:31 AM
Default Pie Menu String Problem
Look Just Happened, and What Happened
Screenshots

I am truly a Sim Fan
I am truly a Sim Fan

Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#280 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 5:51 AM
If it's not behaving the way you expect, you need to post the package as is so we can look at it. We can't diagnose your problem from six words and a screen shot.
Lab Assistant
#281 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 2:37 AM
Default Problem
I tried to work with my new Dance Animation Moves, but in the past it doesn't work with the "view" code, there are 25 view in the base game, but I have 1 today. String Name is "Chew or Scratch" so there are 24 "View" in the base game

EAMaster
Screenshots

I am truly a Sim Fan
I am truly a Sim Fan

Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#282 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 2:55 AM
I don't think you are listening.

You can not make custom animation hacks until you know how to make normal hacks.
You must do this tutorial, with the painting, AS IS. Do not change or skip any steps.
If you have a problem with this tutorial, post your broken package here. Then I can look at it and help fix it.
Test Subject
#283 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 2:54 AM Last edited by Rac379 : 26th Apr 2009 at 2:56 AM. Reason: said 'cars' instead of 'car'
I'm trying to make a car. Is there something I need to do to the mesh before I make BHAVs so sims can drive it like intended (instead of the car just sitting there as a decoration)?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#284 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 4:24 AM
If you're making a car, you shouldn't need to do much with BHAVs at all. You need to clone the car, then make sure you follow all the steps to retain animation in the mesh.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#285 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 3:52 PM
I have added a BHAV to some stairs to allow objects and sims to intersect with it. I have added these lines in a BHAV for other deco objects and it works, but I am missing something here. So the first BHAV (courtesy of LordDarcy) of CT - Supports allows the first tile to allow intersection, however this doesn't work if you use the stage at the bottom. Somehow the stage interferes with where the support is/was. So I added another BHAV to go with what I thought was the center part of the stairs (Bridge) to allow object and person intersection for that section.

What makes this different for that not to work this time? Help please?
Screenshots
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#286 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 1:20 AM
I'm a bit confused... Maybe if you posted your work in progress? Are these modular stairs or all-in-one stairs?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#287 Old 29th Apr 2009 at 1:56 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 10th May 2009 at 7:14 PM. Reason: remove package
Default Fixed
Yes they are modular stairs.

If I place the modular stairs for one full wall height, the first footprint tile will allow objects to be placed there as well as a door underneath that top step.

If I place a stage section 3 footprint tiles from the wall (creating L shaped stairs with landing), this first footprint no longer allows a door or other object to be placed.

So the stage section overrules the support BHAV, and the one I added just isn't being read.

Hopefully my package makes more sense than I do!

eta: Thank you Numenor for helping me find the missing link.
Lab Assistant
#288 Old 6th May 2009 at 10:10 AM
Hello Echo,

first let me thank you for this tutorial! It´s so helpful, and you´ve done a great job.
I have a short question about the Change Material primitive. I have an object with a few (normal) recolors - which means, they appear in the catalogue, and this is ok so. I added a new BHAV that switches from one recolor to another (I need this in a specific situation) by using the Change Material primitive, and this works, too - but not permanently.
That means, when I save the game, return to the neighborhood and re-enter the lot, the object has the last recolor I had chosen manually, not the one I switched to with Change Material.
This happens, as long as the Material Overrides are in the packages. When I remove them, the change via BHAV is permantent and saved (but that means, that the recolors are no longer shown in the catalogue).
It does not help to include the recolors a second time with fixed TGI and without a MMAT in the mesh-package; as long as there are any MMATs, the switch will not be permanent.
Maybe you know a solution for this problem? Is there a way to switch the "actual" MMAT, or something else?

Many thanks for your help!

Fairy Forest - Downloads for the Sims
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 30th May 2009 at 1:48 AM
No Default String
Hey Echo

I'm Back! What is "No Default String", there are no Strings from what I'm Adding to the
Pie Menu String

Also, I'm Still trying to making your recommendations AS-IS first

Thank You

EAMaster

I am truly a Sim Fan
I am truly a Sim Fan

Lab Assistant
#290 Old 30th May 2009 at 1:49 AM
No Default String
Hey Echo

I'm Back! What is "No Default String", there are no Strings from what I'm Adding to the
Pie Menu String

Also, I'm Still trying to making your recommendations AS-IS first

Thank You

EAMaster

I am truly a Sim Fan
I am truly a Sim Fan

Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#291 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:01 AM
julsfels - The way to fix that is not so much with BHAVs but with txmt and mmat changes, as I recall. It needs to be set up as an object with state, the same as the lamps, or objects which have a clean and dirty state. I've only done it once, and that was a long while ago so I've rather forgotten the details, but if you look at those sorts of objects they should point you in the right direction.

EAMaster - I'm glad you're following the tutorial as is! I'm still having trouble understanding your questions though. Perhaps you could post pictures, or the package?
Test Subject
#292 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 6:31 AM
I've been looking for a mod that would change the invite list for parties but since I can't find it, I was going to make it myself. I read the tutorial for "BHAVs" and Semi-Globals but I can't find the globals to control the party invite list. I want the list to include ALL Sims acquainted with my household who have a daily relationship rating over 50. Any suggestions?

OH SNAP!
Test Subject
#293 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 11:47 PM
I just NEED to thank you, your tutorial are a big help, thanks for your work :D
Test Subject
#294 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 11:51 PM
I know this probably isn't the place for it,...but im having a problem with my SimPe..73 ,it hangs pretty regularly at Custom Private after taking a long long time to load up ;...I heard there maybe a CC to prevent loading its cache on startup it might help ....thnx
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#295 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 1:07 AM
I'm not sure I understand the problem, but if you're having a general problem with starting SimPE you'd be better off asking in their forums.
Lab Assistant
#296 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Echo
julsfels - The way to fix that is not so much with BHAVs but with txmt and mmat changes, as I recall. It needs to be set up as an object with state, the same as the lamps, or objects which have a clean and dirty state. I've only done it once, and that was a long while ago so I've rather forgotten the details, but if you look at those sorts of objects they should point you in the right direction.

Thanks, Echo, but unfortunately this does not work. The "on" or "dirty" states are not shown in the catalogue, only the "off" or "clean" ones.

If you allow, I would give you an example. Let´s say, we have an object with the colour blue in the meshpackage, and three recolours in red, green and yellow. Each one of this recolours is shown in the catalogue and can be chosen with the design tool.
Now, when I switch between the colours with ChangeMaterial, save and re-enter the lot, the change is not preserved, it switches back to the last manually chosen color.
When you use ChangeMaterial and then click on the object with the design tool, the old colour is still marked as the active one; this is, I guess, the reason why it turns back after re-entering the lot.

Using different states does not help here. Let´s say, I create a four state object in the meshpackage with the states blue, red, green, yellow and change the state together with ChangeMaterial, the recolours in the catalogue will no longer work - because state one of the red recolour then has to be red, not blue, and I don´t know a way to change the state with the design tool.

So what I am looking for is a way to change the "active" recolour (maybe the actual MaterialOverride or so) together with the ChangeMaterial call, so that after the function-call the active recolour shown with the design tool is changed, too.

I hope, I found the right words to explain the problem.

Many thanks!

Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#297 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 2:16 AM
Ah, I see. As far as I know there's no easy way to maintain a recolour change without states. The best you can hope for is to keep track of which colour you have set it to in an attribute, then adding a BHAV on the "lot load" event in the objf. Then you can make that BHAV restore the relevant colour from the attribute value.
Lab Assistant
#298 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 7:18 PM
Yes, this is what I´ve done so far. But I wondered if there is another way to "switch" the Material Overide.
But, nevertheless, thank you very much!

Oh, and by the way, I have another question.
I have two objects on the same place (allow object intersection). Is there a function call/flag or something I can use to check if there is a second (or third) object at the same place? I mean, the information where an object is placed stored somewhere?

Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#299 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 1:20 AM
"Set to next (Object on same tile)" will mostly find them, as I recall.
Lab Assistant
#300 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 3:12 PM
Oh, cool! Thanks! I´m going to try this.

Page 12 of 16