Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:43 PM
Default Easy way to navigate?
There is a lingering paranoia I have about the seamless neighborhood -- getting lost or not being able to find anything at all. I am notoriously horrible in games at finding stuff. Most of my WoW addons involve routing and mapping because I'd never be able to find anything on my own.

I worry about my sims not being able to work out in the gym or go to the library because I can't figure out where they are. I worry more that I'd never be able to get my sims back in the house. I love the idea of a homeless sim, but I'd hate for a sim to become homeless because I have forgotten where he lives.

How do you get around without getting lost? What happens if you do get lost?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
There is a lingering paranoia I have about the seamless neighborhood -- getting lost or not being able to find anything at all. I am notoriously horrible in games at finding stuff. Most of my WoW addons involve routing and mapping because I'd never be able to find anything on my own.

I worry about my sims not being able to work out in the gym or go to the library because I can't figure out where they are. I worry more that I'd never be able to get my sims back in the house. I love the idea of a homeless sim, but I'd hate for a sim to become homeless because I have forgotten where he lives.

How do you get around without getting lost? What happens if you do get lost?
There is a map view, and any time your Sim is away from home they have a little arrow on their icon that you can click that will make them immediately go back home on their own.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:47 PM
There's a little button on the UI near the movement controls to show a sim's house. You can also click on the little arrow-in-box on a sim wandering the town to send them home. And you'll see a little bubble with their icon in it around the edges of your screen if you scroll away from them. Pretty hard to lose them permanently.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:48 PM
Press M- Works wonders you get the whole map view then pause and direct your sim where they need to go, they even have filters to make it easier i.e work places, friends homes e.t.c

Quote: "The sun feels cold today"
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 11:35 PM
Whenever you take your sim out, when you select him, he has an arrow on his icon in the family thing, click it and he goes home.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 2:53 AM
In map view, there are little buttons floating over everything with a picture of what they do and where your sims will be going. Other houses show up as belonging to their friends, and they can also visit. Even with place-specific opportunities, there's a little blue icon that stands out from the others. So it's essentially impossible to get lost, unless you never use the map-mode view.