Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 12:39 AM
Default .package to .sims3package conversion?
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to convert a .package to a .sims3package? The reason why I am asking, is that I would like to download some custom content but only have it available in my windows account (OS: Vista Home Premium). Is there a way to convert it or another way to achieve my goal?

Thanks,
Nicole
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 1:30 AM
I don't see how having Vista Home impacts not being able to install packages under your Sims 3 root folder...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 1:46 AM
I can I just don't want the content to be available across all the accounts - just mine.
Scholar
#4 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 3:07 AM
Hmm....you can choose to re-install Sims 3 under another section of your Program Files. When you are prompted for install, choose the Advanced settings and make sure that only your account has access to that root folder. Additionally, change the root folder from the default "Electronic Arts/ Sims 3" to something else under Program Files such as "MyPrivateSims/ Electronic Arts/ Sims 3"

That could prevent anyone from loading whatever you have in your game, as only your account would have access to this folder and hence the game and it's content.