Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 5:57 PM Last edited by FuryFanFiction : 21st Aug 2010 at 2:40 AM.
Default "Dirty Surroundings" moodlet always showing up... [SOLVED]
The "Dirty Surroundings" moodlet keeps showing up for my sims, even when my house is clean. I use the maid service, and the maid has nothing to do, so there isn't anything to clean.

my only thoughts are this:

1) Bad plants in the garden that I haven't seen
2) A meteroite hit early in the game in my lot. Could it just be the... stench of it?
3) It's a part of the Unlucky trait.

That's all I can think of... any other ideas?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 6:14 PM
Maybe you missed some burned objects from when the meteor hit? Take a look at every object, including small decorations and stuff on the walls.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Scholar
#3 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 6:41 PM
Maybe you could hire a maid, have her clean once, then fire her.

There is a mod that unlocks the "clean house" interaction, but I don't remember when I got it. I just use that when I don't know what's dirty.

"You're born naked, and everything else is drag."
dA
Last.fm
tumblr
Instructor
#4 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pare321
Maybe you could hire a maid, have her clean once, then fire her.

There is a mod that unlocks the "clean house" interaction, but I don't remember when I got it. I just use that when I don't know what's dirty.

It's a mod made by Buzzler http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=411634
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryFanFiction
2) A meteroite hit early in the game in my lot.

Bingo. When they land they cause MASSIVE collateral damage, blowing out windows and 'tainting' anything within the blast radius. I damn near bulldozed my house trying to get rid of that moodlet. Turned out I had to replace some windows and outside lighting before the it would go away.
So wherever it landed you'll have to do a very thorough check of the area, right clicking on anything and looking for the 'replace' option.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 2:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Exyll
Bingo. When they land they cause MASSIVE collateral damage, blowing out windows and 'tainting' anything within the blast radius. I damn near bulldozed my house trying to get rid of that moodlet. Turned out I had to replace some windows and outside lighting before the it would go away.
So wherever it landed you'll have to do a very thorough check of the area, right clicking on anything and looking for the 'replace' option.

Thank you! That is exactly what it was! Didn't even think of looking at the windows.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2010 at 7:24 AM
Yeh i had a rather annoying "Dirty Surroundings moodlet that stuck and wouldn't leave after a meteor hit my lot, Eventually i discovered a couple small things that were still damaged i replaced them and it went away then, Personally i hate them meteor's.
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Jul 2013 at 1:02 AM
I had the same problem and found it was the cat scratching post that needed to be replaced. That fixed the problem for me!