Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 12:23 PM
Default "Stupid" Trait?
From The Sims Wiki, Stupid is a removed trait and only found in the game strings. I don't often go to CAS to create Sims, and I mostly stick with premade Sims. This made me suprised:

Alright, shocked, maybe. Unfortunately, after I checked AwesomeMod (which I recently installed) with Sim3pe, the trait apparently came from this mod. I didn't know what this trait impacts to my Sim, as any "smart" activities or interactions don't bear the small icon. It conflicts with Bookworm, Genius, and Computer Whiz.

So... after a while, I think this is not a big deal anyway. What makes me wonder now is that doesn't it mean someone has actually made a custom trait? I think there was a thread about how to make a custom trait, but I didn't remember what was discussed about in there. What do you all think about this trait, and the possible custom traits?
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 12:31 PM Last edited by babele44 : 10th Aug 2012 at 3:47 PM.
AwesomeMod has quite a few custom traits (Tealdeer, Ugly-Butted, Incontinent, Smackable, Racist etc.), which are hidden from the ordinary "peasant" (that's the word they use, isn't it?), however. In the case of Stupid this is an unlock, I think.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 4:53 PM
The AwesomeMod guy, basically, as I understand it, makes it to have his game perform exactly how he wants. You're welcome to share in that so long as you realise it's his bat, ball and back yard, so you can play it his way or get the hell out.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that. He's quite within every right to call people Stupid, Retards, Paedos or whatever. You can take it or leave it and go play somewhere else, but complaining about it won't change anything.

Take care. Have fun. Bring your own banjo.
#4 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 5:05 PM
I don't think that anyone has complained here so far. I get it that OP after discovering that trait in their game wanted to know where that trait came from, what it was and, above all, turn this into a general discussion about the possibilities of custom traits.
AwesomeMod is proof that, firstly, there are traits in the original code that have been cut from the released version, and, secondly, that custom traits are very possible. In several threads over at MATY Pescado has given instructions on how to plug custom traits into the game and how to make them functional. The ones that he added already are either for his own pleasure or placeholders for things he may add to AM later. Some of them already work, some don't, or, at least, don't work for the "peasants". The Stupid trait can be chosen in CAS because it is a trait taken from the game, the others have to be added via the console.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 5:11 PM
Just to add - rather than editing something something that's been replied to - I'm not saying Pescado is doing anything wrong. I don't use what he does personally; I'm not saying that he shouldn't be doing it.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 6:51 PM
Maybe that slapface emoticon made me look like I'm disappointed or what? No, I'm not. I just thought that he restored the removed trait, which turned out that it was just a custom trait. But still, it's really great to see a custom trait! I wonder how it will mess up my game if I accidentally removed the mod from the game...
Forum Resident
#7 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 7:30 PM
To put it simple removing Awesomemod without "properly" uninstalling it first to remove all things that it's doing in/on your town.. will proberly "destroy" that save so you can't load it any more.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 7:32 PM
Wuut??? The stupid trait has been removed? And only now I notice that. I used it once on a second generation heir of my legacy and I really loved it. Aww, how could they've taken it away :P
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 7:43 PM
Next on my list, right after I learn Core and Scripting instead just mucking around with XML, is to do a Holy Fool trait and moodlet - imagine Easily Impressed but everything that happens maxes your Sim to the max.

Extreme.

Alchemist
#10 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 10:14 PM Last edited by coltraz : 11th Aug 2012 at 8:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
Wuut??? The stupid trait has been removed? And only now I notice that. I used it once on a second generation heir of my legacy and I really loved it. Aww, how could they've taken it away :P

Maybe they felt like bullies giving us the option to call our Sims big stupid-heads. But then again we have the ability to murder them in cold blood ...

AwesomeMod has a few other traits but do all of them function in some way?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 8:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi

Nah. In the base game, Stupid was a removed trait. But Pescado seems to have made a similar trait with the same name in AwesomeMod.
#12 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 9:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
Nah. In the base game, Stupid was a removed trait. But Pescado seems to have made a similar trait with the same name in AwesomeMod.
I don't think that he made it, because it is still in the game. He unlocked it and made it functional.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#13 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 12:44 PM
I found that it used to be in the game was compelled to resurrect it from the fragmentary remains that were left behind. Because, well, there's gotta be a Stupid trait. Since it is a fully functional trait that has in-game effects, it is therefore enabled for public use. Some of the other traits are just placeholders for stuff that was never finished, or was only implemented in the Undiscovered Shiny, so it is not publicly enabled for the peasantry. If you want a really hilarious secret trait that was for someone's schtick, make a narcoleptic sim.

Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I didn't know what this trait impacts to my Sim, as any "smart" activities or interactions don't bear the small icon. It conflicts with Bookworm, Genius, and Computer Whiz.
Icons for interactions appear when an interaction advertises to a specific trait. You get the "antitrait" icon when an action advertises to a conflicting opposed trait. Things that advertise to "Bookworm", for instance, therefore would be opposed to the Stupid trait. Your stupid sim is probably not going to read much. And gamewise, gets very poor benefits from reading. Where other sims comprehend the material they are reading, Stupid sims just kinda sit there all derpy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.