Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 1:49 AM
Default (noob) Basic Moding questions about "BodySkin" and "Free Will".
Hey,

i am absolutely new to "modding the sims", The only thing i ever did to Sims 2 and 3 was removing the mosaic, and i hope i don´t offend anyone with this question.
This place and all the do not post rules confuse me a bit, i think i did not find the questions i have answered, but than again there is a ton of information scattered all over this place and it´s hard to know what to search for if you don´t even know the terms you need to use.

So. Question Number one. I like the different Sim Skins i can see in your Database, but i want to know how they affect the games appearance before i install them.

For example. If i get "Face- In TS3 SEXY edition MTS version", will i still have the option to alter the skin color in create a sim like before or is this "the one and only" look when i use the Mod. Same with Bodyhair, Eyebrowns ect. - and in Gameplay, if my sim gets a sunburn or freezes in Season, will it just adjust a slider like in Photoshop to change the skin color or dos using the Mod mean they will always look as they look in the base mod.

If they do. Do you know if there is a Mod that Adds "Full Nudety" (Nipples, do not need to be a extra mesh - i do not plan to zoom in all the time ;D - i just seek for a sens of uncensored completion) without loosing the basic CAS options?

My second question would be:
Is there a way to give my Sims maximum free will? I would love to see the Sims play out like my Norns did in the old "Creatures" games were i can just watch a Generation evolve mostly on its own. Find frinds, fall in love, have children, break up, get job, move up, ect. Watch the story play out.
While searching i found a "Whoohoo" Mod that seems to allow Sims to have children without me telling them to try to have children. But beyond that i don´t know.
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 2:03 AM
1: Yes custom skintones work just like EA skintones, in that you can adjust skin color, muscle definition, etc, assuming they are built correctly. (By the way, that particular one you mention is fantastic) That skin is also compatible with the Default Male Penis by CmarNYC on the sister site, Sexy Sims 2. I'm not sure if the version of the skintone that is available here has female bits or not, but if you go to Navetsea's blog, you can get a version that has female parts. As for the Seasons sunburn issue, without actually having played the EP yet, we can't say 100% sure how that works, but it appears to just be a slight reddish tint to their skin, so there shouldn't be an issue of compatibility with that skintone. Body hair and eyebrows, etc. are usually re-colorable just like the EA ones, but some are not, and it usually says so in the item decription.

2: Well, you can just go to options and place them on high free will, but I suspect you are looking for something a bit more involved, in which case I suggest Story Progression Mod from Twallan, along with his woohoo mod. Then it's just a matter of selecting the settings that fit your playstyle
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 2:14 AM
Thank you.