Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 12:31 PM
I thought she should have a Mod/package folder because I seem to recall making one for her a year or so ago, well that's gone also. She was talking about other things missing that she needs to get her cc to work, but I wasn't really getting it. Which is why i want her to come and post, only it's too late at night over here now. So if she makes the Mod/packages and places it all in there then it will work? No the DCCCache was inside her sims 3 folder, there was nothing in the windows.old folder, just things unrelated to sims 3 and many subfolders ending in emptiness.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 1:20 PM Last edited by PapaEmy : 23rd Nov 2016 at 1:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I thought she should have a Mod/package folder because I seem to recall making one for her a year or so ago, well that's gone also. She was talking about other things missing that she needs to get her cc to work, but I wasn't really getting it. Which is why i want her to come and post, only it's too late at night over here now. So if she makes the Mod/packages and places it all in there then it will work? No the DCCCache was inside her sims 3 folder, there was nothing in the windows.old folder, just things unrelated to sims 3 and many subfolders ending in emptiness.

Yes the package files from DCBackup will work as mods if she place them in the Mods\Package\.. folder (except the CCMerge.package, don't place it in Mod folder, just leave it in DCBackup folder), but DCCache have to be emptied so they won't conflict, if DCCache is found from where ever it was and want to use them as CC instead of Mods, then don't put the package files from DCBackup to Mods\Package. folder.

And since DCBackup are the only one that she can recover from the local hard drive, then it may not all of them back like she wanted to but at least some are back as mods, and don't forget to empty her DCBackup folder and just leave CCMerge.package there, the rest goes to Mods\Package\.. folder so they won't conflicts. And since she haven't got the Mods folder yet, make sure she download the latest mod framework according to her TS3 version, check her TS3 version from the TS3 Launcher..

Note: If she decided to use them as mods, she won't see them from TS3 Launcher because they're not CC anymore, she have to check them as mods from the game running in CAS mode.

And as for the Windows.old folder, since there's nothing there, maybe it's too late since it has been rolled back, so then.. the last one that haven't been check is the one at OneDrive, you can check them there tomorrow if it's already late at your place.., and let's see what you can get from OneDrive tomorrow then..
Site Helper
#28 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 2:08 PM
She also needs the resource.cfg. If her Mods folder was missing, then the whole framework can probably be assumed to be missing. Hopefully, you're finding them on One Drive. If not, http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Setup_and_Files has a blue Download link in the middle of the page with a Mods folder already set up, and the resource.cfg already inside it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 9:56 PM
I think we have to start fresh, dh says there is nothing related to Sims 3 on OneDrive at all. :/ I think this time around I will make sure she makes backups. I did show her how to make a backup two years ago when I gave her all my sims 3 disks but you know... teenagers, she never made one.

So what do we do to make things show up? Make a folder and call it Mods? Then make a sub folder from that and call it packages? Put that resource.cfg in that folder? Sims 3 will be the death of me, why does it have to be so flipping complicated.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
So what do we do to make things show up? Make a folder and call it Mods? Then make a sub folder from that and call it packages? Put that resource.cfg in that folder? Sims 3 will be the death of me, why does it have to be so flipping complicated.

Use the link @Ghost sdoj posted in Post #28. The files and everything can be downloaded and installed from there. Very easy to follow the instructions. Good luck
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#31 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 11:06 PM
Okay I'll show her. Thanks.

~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2