Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
How could they be disappointed when they knew what it included?

I can see why some people were disappointed:
The $10 in SimPoints was advertised as being a part of the CE. Not for the Regular and not for just registering at the Sims 3 site (until days closer to the launch at least).

The Prima Tips and Hints was advertised on Amazon as being 184 pages. But turned out to be 4 front and back pages.

Does anyone remember when it said you would get a poster with the CE? I didn't get one.

For me, I bought the CE because of the plumbob USB. I also tried shaking mine up and down to see if the case would come off and it didn't, so I think it's just yours HP. I was really surprised but when I read that someone had got their copy on the Friday before release, I decided to get the Full guide, because they said theirs was 4 pages front and back. I'm disappointed about the guide but if I had known what I know today 8/9 months ago, I would have still pre-ordered it.

Oh and also, there are some goodies on the Plumbob: music, wallpapers, and screensavers.
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#27 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tikkall
I can see why some people were disappointed:
The $10 in SimPoints was advertised as being a part of the CE. Not for the Regular and not for just registering at the Sims 3 site (until days closer to the launch at least).

This (and the cute poster of Sunset Valley) is what would have motivated me to pre-order the CE. I decided to go with the standard package because I don't want to support their store model, but I still think EA owes an extra $10 in store points to people who did order the Collector's Edition. Write! Call! Picket! Power to the consumer!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#28 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:11 PM
tikkall - It didn't do it immediately but after fiddling with it (and, okay, dropping it once, but it's not like any pieces came off and it's meant to be a keychain, not a display piece) it just went to crap. I mean, I don't expect it to be Navy Seals team rugged, but to last more than half an hour.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#29 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:31 PM Last edited by schitzwa : 3rd Jun 2009 at 9:08 PM. Reason: ugh..not tomorrow..friday
Shame about that plumbob HP!

The plumbob is the main reason I would love the collectors edition but unfortunatly I cannot afford it. The game only is 29.99 whilst the collectors edition is 49.99 and i don't feel that its worth it. Even with a shiny plumbob. Would of been different if it had a prima guide though. As its stands, my partner is treating me to The Sims 3 on friday (just told me today and I thought I wouldnt have it for ages!!) and I had already pre ordered the Prima Guide. Lol! I wasnt going to have the game but i thought I would just torture myself by reading the guide!

^_^
Test Subject
#30 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:45 PM
I looked at it in Best Buy and figured I could just do with the regular one and spend the extra 20 bucks on the "Game Guide Collector's Edition" It's a hardback and has tons of info, well worth the 20 bucks in my opinion, the plumbob usb was cute but I already have 3 so I didn't need it, got the mouse pad and poster inside the guide tho.
Instructor
#31 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Serenity3104
I looked at it in Best Buy and figured I could just do with the regular one and spend the extra 20 bucks on the "Game Guide Collector's Edition" It's a hardback and has tons of info, well worth the 20 bucks in my opinion, the plumbob usb was cute but I already have 3 so I didn't need it, got the mouse pad and poster inside the guide tho.

You have 3 plumbob USB sticks?? Did you buy them off a site or something?

^_^
Test Subject
#32 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by schitzwa
You have 3 plumbob USB sticks?? Did you buy them off a site or something?

no, I have 3 usb sticks already, the regular ones not the plumbobs, sorry for the misunderstanding
Instructor
#33 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Serenity3104
no, I have 3 usb sticks already, the regular ones not the plumbobs, sorry for the misunderstanding

lol! No worries...tis a pity they can't be bought individually

^_^
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:05 PM
I got it, and got it for the same price as the normal one just like HP said Dunno, it was some kind of marketing thing here (The Netherlands) in the Bart Smit store (Which is a toy store). If you pre-ordered you'd get the CE one for the price of the normal one. So I did that because the plumbob usb is uber cute!

Though I agree with others.. the 'guide' is nothing really special and I probably wouldn't have paid the full price for it if I had to.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#35 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:06 PM
Aaaand now the two halves of the plumbbob just came apart entirely.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#36 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

Ugh..no way! Poor HP...poor plumbob!

^_^
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:28 PM
I think the collector's edition was totally worth! I just love the plumbbob USB!
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:36 PM
The plumbbob USB stick is super cute though, and will look adorable on my keychain next to my rubber duckie and rubber chicken.

Careful... the thumb drive pops out pretty easily and the blumbbob isn't attached to the carbeener. One good whack, and you may just end up with a lonely thumb drive.

The Barimen Legacy (complete) - https://zoxell.wordpress.com/chapters/
The Stacpoole Legacy (gen 1) - https://zoxell.wordpress.com/the-stacpoole-legacy/
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#39 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:43 PM Last edited by porkypine : 5th Jun 2009 at 8:53 PM.
The prima guide would never have attracted me anyway. They leave out so many tips and tricks that would be useful that I think they are a waste of money. I did order the collector's edition for the green plumb-bob/USBdrive and the extra cars, etc. I've heard that there's stuff ON the USB drive., but not what is there...

And now I will grumble... I still have not received my pre-order-that-I-made-on-OCTOBER-2008!!!!

Amazon said they had a delivery problem... SUCKS!

HAH! they FINALLY SHIPPED.. Just now! June 5-09 sheesh delivery date sometime around June 16..... at least it's on the way...
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:53 PM
Default collectors edition
€64 in germany

§1000 °Sims Points for downloading

§PlumBob usb stick - (Part No. 822459) °Remember that, you DieHards, hehehe.

§Code for Sportswagon

§Stickers to place on the back of your Bosses Suit.

§Cute dysfunctional Prima Tipps Booklet

- not sure but i found a custom music file with 5 songs - poking around the files, probly base game too..(?)

°And the Version was Patched while installing last night.

Version can be found under: Programs C: - ElectronicArts - TheSims3 - Game - Bin - SKUVERSION.TXT
Windows Vista

GameVersion = 1.0.631.00002 - that's what i have after the Patch
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#41 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 8:58 PM

So blow the dust off and use the favorite fixing tool DUCT TAPE!

ok... If you want it to be pretty, use crazy glue.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by porkypine
So blow the dust off and use the favorite fixing tool DUCT TAPE!

ok... If you want it to be pretty, use crazy glue.

And you just may get a mechanical skill point for your effort!

The Barimen Legacy (complete) - https://zoxell.wordpress.com/chapters/
The Stacpoole Legacy (gen 1) - https://zoxell.wordpress.com/the-stacpoole-legacy/
Test Subject
#43 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 10:13 PM
I got the collector's edition for the plumbob (which is fine so far), thinking I could put it on a headband. I haven't actually tried yet, and may not, but the plumbob is certainly cute!
Page 2 of 2