Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#12051 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Wait, it that "charm snake into clothing" as in putting a little hat and jacket on the snake or "charm snake into clothing" as in it crawls into your shirt?

No, worst case scenario: to crawl into someone else's clothing (any other sim currently on lot).
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#12052 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 4:43 PM
I only figured this out from a reddit thread recently, but was anyone else aware that the Seasonal Lot Marker can be used on residential lots for decorations and such? So you can have like Christmas decorations appear and disappear at the start and end of winter respectively. I can't believe I never thought to use it like that.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#12053 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 12:11 AM Last edited by Elynda : 20th Aug 2021 at 3:23 AM.
I've had Monte Vista installed for some time now but I've never gotten round to playing it. Today I discovered, much to my irritation, that if I want to play it 'out of the box', so to speak, I must first delete a lot of stuff my game has plonked down willy-nilly all over town on lots that should be empty. Some of them are Showtime venues, including Big Micks Karaoke and my all time least favourite, the Port-a-Party Mini Warehouse (that hideous box!). Also a fire station stuck right in the middle of a nice big 50x50 that I'll probably want to build a castle on, one that will hopefully be in character with the local architecture, which most of these other little additions are not.

I've deleted the ones I don't want and saved the game, and henceforth I will use that save to start playing in Monte Vista. But I don't understand why I had to do that. I thought the game gave you the option of placing additional lots if you wanted them. So what's different about Monte Vista?

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Forum Resident
#12054 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 8:25 AM
It's only pre-existing saves that give you the option. Any newly generated worlds will automatically dump those lots anywhere it can. You can get mods to stop this though.
Scholar
#12055 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 1:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dorsal Axe
It's only pre-existing saves that give you the option. Any newly generated worlds will automatically dump those lots anywhere it can. You can get mods to stop this though.

I found a mod called NoVenuePlacement. I'm not sure who made it, but I found a Mediafire link to it on Reddit. It seems to work for all EP worlds and all the Store Worlds. I wish I'd known about it before, it would have saved me a lot of trouble. But auto lot placement was never such an issue with other worlds as it is with MV, since it is such a beautiful world and I hated having anything that spoiled the look of the place.

Anyway, thanks.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Top Secret Researcher
#12056 Old 20th Aug 2021 at 8:31 PM
I haven't played today but while wondering about ATS's functional perfume bottles: how are they functional? I checked with the Artisan glassblowing station's features and yes! You can create perfume! I had no idea! I might even have it, just never installed.
Field Researcher
#12057 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 1:52 AM
If you call back home while travelling, your sim will talk about their travels over the phone. I went to egypt and my sim was talking about snake charming and pyramids.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12058 Old 22nd Aug 2021 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I found a mod called NoVenuePlacement. I'm not sure who made it, but I found a Mediafire link to it on Reddit.

I found this also- here's the link for anyone else who needs it, not sure who made it!
https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/2f35i8
Field Researcher
#12059 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 6:59 AM
How have I never noticed pigeons in Bridgeport before?

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#12060 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
How have I never noticed pigeons in Bridgeport before?

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it myself, but the pigeons in Bridgeport likely aren't aware of your existence either.
Forum Resident
#12061 Old 28th Aug 2021 at 11:53 PM
Today I discovered that the hideous Lagamorph in Neon object actually has broken textures and is supposed to look like this:

instead of...this:

Not sure how I never managed to pick up on that over the years.
Forum Resident
#12063 Old 29th Aug 2021 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I discovered recently that with testingcheats on, you can shift click on a lot and have "season" options. I'm not sure if this is just testingcheat or of some mod I have. But this is so cool... you can instantly change all the weather conditions, rain, hail, and you can even have winter season with snow but change the temperature to 200!

Yep, those are testingcheats that come with Seasons. Before I got a mod to lower the intensity of it, I used to use those all the time to stop the endless waves of snow that kept falling in every world.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Scholar
#12064 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 2:17 AM Last edited by Elynda : 30th Aug 2021 at 7:24 AM.
Wish I'd known about that before. Ever since I installed Seasons it's been rain, rain and more feckin' rain! And then snow! I've had kids who have hardly ever been to school because every day is a snow day. And then they get scolded by their parents for skipping school on trip day. ("Hey Mom, look out the window! Never mind global warming, it's the feckin' Ice Age out there!") Sims are just crazy. And no wonder: its the goddamn weather that drives them round the bend. It does me. Pardon my rant.

Anyway, what did I discover today? Well, I finally managed to fix an invisible sim. Debug Enabler 'Fix Invisible Sims', never seems to work for me. An invisible magician has been haunting Gladbridge-upon-Stowe ever since I finished populating it. He was usually not to be seen at the cemetery. The trouble was finding out exactly who he was? Well, I couldn't click on him, but I could click on the wand he was using. I then discovered that I could use Debug Enabler 'Who Am I' to determine who was using it. So, finally, he had a name: Geraldo Sinclair. I was then able to use Master Controller to pop him into CAS and get a look at him. And when I went back into live mode there was Geraldo, visible at last!

Now, go home Geraldo! Nobody wants to stand in the cemetery all night watching you perform card tricks. Especially with all this rain we've been having.

Forum Resident
#12065 Old 30th Aug 2021 at 7:21 PM
I just wanted to play the sims 3 without stores,mods, custom sims I made and cc so I played in Appaloosa Plains (a world I cherrish too) . I did not the dad to be can have wish preference for the sex of the baby to come, the daddy wanted a an other boy. That's fantastic ! I never played with pregnant sims in a household before.
And the so much variety of unicorn the game has. I had one full black in Appallossa Plains, in some worlds they got different colours.

TS3 forever ^^ 10 years and I am always amazed !!

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Forum Resident
#12066 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 1:30 PM
I had this thing where I wasn't able to have my two Sims flirt. One would flirt but the other wouldn't flirt back. Nothing was wrong and she even had a promised wish to kiss him. Then I figured out that it was the Betrayed moodlet she had (from another relationship). I deleted it using cheats and the flirting worked after that! So I guess Sims with the betrayed moodlet can't flirt, even with a different Sim than the one that cheated? Has anyone else tried this?
Forum Resident
#12067 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 8:45 PM
I discovered that the corner cornice pieces are bugged and turn dark when placed against a wall, ruining my medieval build.

Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#12069 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 3:19 AM
I discovered that the corner cornice pieces are bugged and turn dark when placed against a wall, ruining my medieval build.

You might try moving the corner pieces out and putting them back in or if that doesn't work possibly using move objects cheats to move corner pieces ever so slightly(like really incremental) diagonally away from building.
Forum Resident
#12070 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fascisthater
You might try moving the corner pieces out and putting them back in or if that doesn't work possibly using move objects cheats to move corner pieces ever so slightly(like really incremental) diagonally away from building.

Sounded like a good suggestion so I gave it a go, but unfortunately you have to move it quite a far out for it to appear normally. It seems that one of the back sides can touch the wall without issue, but not both.
Instructor
#12072 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 11:57 PM Last edited by cutsocks : 2nd Sep 2021 at 12:12 AM.

What is actually happening is that the corner cornice pieces think they are inside in a sealed room with no lights. And technically they are, which is why they are dark. They are behaving according to inside lighting. The issue we can change is the sealed room. So if the frieze level is made with the frieze cheat and foundation tool, delete the frieze sections on each corner. If your frieze level is made with CFE walls, delete a wall section so the frieze level is no longer a sealed room. I prefer to build frieze levels with CFE walls because of this issue.

Why they are this way? I have no idea. Had they put a little more thought into it, EA could have made cornice pieces objects that attach to walls (instead of floors) that could be shifted up and down. Then cornices would be like 1000 times more versatile.

EDIT: Gah, I must be the slowest poster ever. Whilst trying to explain things without pictures, Nitroman has the solution and a presented a problem (and the fix) that I had forgotten about.
Alchemist
#12074 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 11:59 AM

Ruined? You think medieval buildings like that were picture perfect irl? I think it looks even more realistic now

what does his name even mean?
Mad Poster
#12075 Old 2nd Sep 2021 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Ruined? You think medieval buildings like that were picture perfect irl? I think it looks even more realistic now

Corrective eyeglasses and contact lenses couldn't have been very prevalent back then either. Just imagine what these buildings must have looked like to the general population with far less than perfect vision at the time!
Page 483 of 490