Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 8:07 PM
Default Annoying Sound/Tune??
I'm sorry if this was recently asked, but I looked through 10 pages of this board before giving up... google did not help me either.

There seems to be an annoying sound that plays randomly. Or at least, I have not yet found out what triggers it.

It's kind of hard to describe what it is, but I hope someone knows what I mean. It seems to play even if my sim sleep. She is not in an special ambition career track and she doesn't have any skills at all yet. I honestly have no idea what it can be.

I would like to know what is it, and what triggers it?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 8:29 PM
I know exactly what you're talking about. I know I've heard it before in connection with something, but I can't figure out what. I'll listen for the next time I hear it and try to find a way to describe it.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 8:32 PM
Is it sort of a sneaky, playful, slightly spooky kind of music? Something that you would think indicates a ghost or burglar, but doesn't seem to?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 9:32 PM
well, it gave me the feeling it had something to do with someone gaining job experience and thus promoting in the ambitions job. But it even happens when I play with someone who is not in a job or has any skills at all. Unless it's that someone in the hood has promoted or something. If that's it, I won't be pleased =p

I wouldn't precisely call it slightly spooky, I would have to hear it again to see if it is.

Thank you Tiger, I will do the same. Random sounds are annoying =p
Field Researcher
#5 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 10:37 PM
If you have a Sim in the science career that tried to experiment on something, if it failed, it may make an annoying sound every now and then.

In other words, "It's not a defect, it's a feature." EAxis seems to have learned a lot from Microsoft.

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Is it sort of a sneaky, playful, slightly spooky kind of music? Something that you would think indicates a ghost or burglar, but doesn't seem to?
I hear this EVERY TIME ! what in the world is it ?
Instructor
#7 Old 7th Oct 2010 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

YES! What is it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Six_by_Nine
If you have a Sim in the science career that tried to experiment on something, if it failed, it may make an annoying sound every now and then.

In other words, "It's not a defect, it's a feature." EAxis seems to have learned a lot from Microsoft.

Hm.. but it seems to happen with a sim with no skills or career whatsoever.

So does anyone know what it is? I assume we are all talking about the same sound/tune...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 9:41 AM
If you are playing in Twinbrook, I wonder if this sound is coming from the fog emitters, because there's fog all over the place in that town.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 12:02 PM
I am playing in twinbrook, yes. I just started playing about 2 days ago, so I have no idea about the history of the town yet.
What are those fog emitters?
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#11 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 1:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tigger89
YES! What is it?
That's the noise of, well, obviously enough, ghosts. Since TS2 has an "open neighborhood" structure, ghosts can go marauding throughout the entire neighborhood, so if you're anywhere near them when they manifest, you hear the Ghost Sound.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 1:37 PM
I usually hear this low melody, kind of spooky cause you don't know why or where it comes from. It happens in my game around four to five in the morning, it doesn't wake the sim, but it is loud enough for the player to hear. Is that the sound that you hear?

Since I haven't played Ambitions for long, I posted this question on the official forum. I have heard it in Sunset Valley, Riverview, Twinbrook and a few of my CC worlds. The simmers at the Sims 3 forum said if you use the solar panels from the Eco Friendly Pack, they make a noise (music) when the sun is rising in the game. The common thing in all the worlds I play, I place three lots with those panels in them. My sim usually live close by those lots, and I hear the melody. Thought I would put one on my active family lot and see if it's true, and around four to five in the morning, I heard the melody. So I think it's the solar panels.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 4:18 PM
Hm.. I don't have the eco friendly pack as far as I know though.. I would check but my game is in a state of "I-crash-whenever-you-enter-decorations/misc-or-at-total-random" state... >_< Have to fix that first.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 6:12 PM
Ok, Im confused as to which sound everyone is talking about. So I am going to assume there are two distinct ones both of which I am sure i have heard. I could be wrong but here we go.

odd/annoying sound 1: This spooky eerie music that sounds almost like the one when the ghosts come out from the cemetery but which goes on forever. This sounds is a house being haunted. I know this because My sims came home from work one day and all the lights in the house were red, fog was everywhere and there was a ghostbuster in my house walking around zapping little spirits. I heard it again two nights later and scrolled over to find that a neighbor of the Sim family i was playing was now haunted. if no ghostbuster is called they will stay for 5-8 hours and leave just before dawn

odd:annoying sound 2: This electronic Boop boop beep! now I dunno if anyone else gets this, but I didn't get it til i got world adventures. It only happens on lots with radios and sounds to me as if my game is warning me of a crash, yet nothing ever happens. There on no science Sims on the lot at all. That sound i have yet to hear since i reinstalled the game.

Both sounds I heard in Sunset Valley.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 7:15 PM
Even if you don't play the ghostbuster career, you still get houses that are haunted? Hmm, I have to really check that out. I do have inactive houses that burn, even though I don't play the firefighter career. Oh well, the mystery goes on.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 8:54 PM
Does your sim have any magic gnomes on her lot? Since Ambitions they have a sound and visual effect when they move
Field Researcher
#17 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MystiTsu
...This spooky eerie music that sounds almost like the one when the ghosts come out from the cemetery but which goes on forever. This sound is a house being haunted.

This happened to me as well when I was playing a ghosthunter. I had her scan for spirits in her own house but I guess the game crapped out on me so the spirit didn't unhide. Her bedroom was "haunted" for weeks and the spooky music wouldn't go away. I tried resetting the lot, evicting her and moving her back in... when she reached level 10, she got the spirit... detector... gizmomacallit so I just activated that and deleted the invisible spirit from map view.

That's the only annoying sound I can think of. I really have no idea what y'all are talking about but now I'm curious.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 9:14 PM
Ok, got my game working again.

No magic gnomes on the lot. at all.

I heard the sound as well and this time it happened when my sim was sleeping between 11PM and 12AM. Not entirely sure about that, I was fast forwarding through the night..
The tune was not spooky at all, more happy like. It gave me the feeling something good happened, but I have no idea what. As for now, I've had it at least every day. I will check if it's every day at the same time.

Edit: it happened twice this night already! :S 2:07 AM right now. Looking at the town map but nothing is happening.
Edit 2: Third time! 5:3 AM. Nothing seems to be happening in the town. Again. I'm confused

The reason I find it annoying is because there seems to be NO reason for it to happen at all. My sim is the only in the family, no skills, nothing. She is sleeping when it happens, most of the time and she lives off the bare minimum of everything. She has no fancy objects whatsoever

How about I go record it? :P
Field Researcher
#19 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 9:24 PM
I hear that same sound! Usually at night. Do you have the awesomemod? I always thought that noise had something to do with awesome story progression (Like signifying a move-in or something), but I really have no idea. It seems to happen more when my sims are sleeping or collecting, but it could be totally random. All I know for sure is that I hadn't noticed it before i started using awesome. It's so frustrating not knowing what it is! Sometimes I hear it every night, other times I don't, and even other times it happens during the day. It drives me crazy sometimes!

Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 10:02 PM
I managed to record it. Would I be allowed to post a recording from my phone as an attachment? If not, I will remove it.

Anyway, yes I use awesomemod. That could be it I guess. I thought awesomemod used popups for telling what happened storyprogression-wise.
Like I said, I haven't played in a while, which also means that I missed a lot of updates. I don't remember having this sound before I started playing again

Without further ado! Here it is! Sorry for the horrible quality.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  weirdsound.rar (105.2 KB, 455 downloads) - View custom content
Description: The weird sound I mentioned
Mad Poster
#21 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 10:06 PM
Yep, that's the melody I hear also. It only happens early morning when the sun is due to come up. I have never heard it any other time, so I thought the solar panel explanation was plausible. Hmm...

Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 10:10 PM
Story progression seems to be a likely cause though, but I'm not sure, can anyone confirm this? Is Eaxis story progression or awesomemod's?
Field Researcher
#23 Old 8th Oct 2010 at 11:41 PM
I don't think so Eefi. I have Twallan's StoryProgression and i get that same sound. I just assume since I have my stories set to blood only its one of the townies acheiving something I can't see.

Also I found out what that Odd Boop boop BEEP was that was driving me bonkers. Its what the Expensive Washer sounds like when the load is finished! *headsmack*
Field Researcher
#24 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 12:13 AM
I've had this happen. Isn't the sound that plays when your Sim gets a job? Knowing EA, they might have borked something so it plays when ANY Sim gets a job.

Anyone wanna do the honors of monitoring the front of rabbit holes to test this theory out? ...Didn't think so.

The future is bulletproof,
The aftermath is secondary,
It's time to do it now and do it loud,
Killjoys, make some noise!
Mad Poster
#25 Old 9th Oct 2010 at 2:43 AM
It's one of the Sting sounds from a sim getting a job, a new baby, promotion, whatever. I don't recognize it though, and it's certainly not playing in my game all the time, every night. So it's from Awesome Story or NRaas Story (choose your poison, lol) which have turned on various stuff for townies which EA don't generally have them doing actively; some townies are doing stuff and setting off the sting sound. I've never heard these sting sounds on townies ever in default story prog game, the sounds should only be on active household sims.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Page 1 of 3