Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2011 at 4:42 PM
Default 'Unleashed' definitely the next EP
Hi, guys.

I got my copy of Generations today. Haven't explored too many of the new features yet, but the ones I have come across so far have been good. The pillow fighting is cool - just not when that's all your firefighter coworkers want to do with their time in the firehouse. But that's what mods are for, I guess.

Speaking of mods, I have already been tinkering a bit inside the GameplayData file trying to update a few of my own for the new EP. While in the 'Plant' XML file I ran across this little bit of new code:

Quote:
<SpeciesToEffect value="Human"> <!--List of species flags that this reaction broadcaster should broadcast to. Valid entries are Human, Horse, Cat, Dog, LittleDog or a comma separated list of several of these.--> </SpeciesToEffect>

Looks like the EA guys are already preparing code for a pets expansion pack. So if there was still any doubt as to the validity of that recently leaked Unleashed trailer and whether or not it will be console only and/or a standalone game, those questions can now, I think, be put to rest.

p.s. I apologize if this is old news. I am aware that this is not the first instance of species-specific coding in the gameplay data, but this is the first time I have run across any mention of "horse" in the code. So I thought it was worth posting about.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:34 AM
See Traits.xml

<TraitList>
<Name>Lazy</Name>
<Description>LazyDescription</Description>
<ShortDescription>LazyDescriptionShort</ShortDescription>
<Hex>Lazy</Hex>
<CodeVersion>EP5</CodeVersion>
<AgeSpeciesVisible>Dogs,Cats,Horses</AgeSpeciesVisible>
<Category>Physical</Category>
<CanBeLearnedRandomly>False</CanBeLearnedRandomly>
<ThumbFilename>placeholder</ThumbFilename>
<ThumbPieMenu>placeholder</ThumbPieMenu>
<ThumbDislikePieMenu>placeholder</ThumbDislikePieMenu>
</TraitList>
Retired
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:43 AM
I'm not certain this needs a new thread. It's already been discussed in the Generations thread and there are two threads on Pets here already.

Not to mention, the video we saw was leaked from EA (their Aussie Youtube account, iirc), so it's been reasonably definite since then.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#4 Old 31st May 2011 at 10:43 PM
yeah, the topics should be merged but this is very good news!
Theorist
#5 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:46 PM
LittleDog. Maybe that means the Racoons?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:41 AM
^ ... Or little dogs?! :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
I'm not certain this needs a new thread. It's already been discussed in the Generations thread and there are two threads on Pets here already.

Not to mention, the video we saw was leaked from EA (their Aussie Youtube account, iirc), so it's been reasonably definite since then.

Sorry, I must have missed the other topic. I really hate to be one of *those* people who starts unnecessary threads, so mods feel free to either merge this with the other thread or delete it altogether.

Again, sorry. Should have looked around a little harder before posting.