Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 4:05 AM
1.47 patch deleting CC - glitch?
Does anyone know anything about this?

I've seen a handful of people mention that when they patched their game to 1.47, they lost a lot of their CC. Mainly hair and clothes, and a few other random items.

Is this just a case of them being unlucky, or do we have another 'Pets' patch incident, where a lot of the CC was broken?

I don't know if they created a new Electronic Arts folder when they applied the patch (which is what I always do; same with installing EPs/SPs) or if they just patched with their current folder & all of their mods/CC installed.

Just asking, because I have a ton of CC, and to have to go through it, reinstalling would be a nightmare. Because of what I've been hearing, I've not patched my game to the 1.47 & 1.48 patches yet; thus have had to put off buying and installing 70s, 80s & 90s Stuff.

If anyone could shed any light on this 'glitch', or tell me how to avoid the same thing happening to me, I'd be eternally greatful!
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 4:19 AM
I have heard of this "glitch" . You're on the right path by making a "clean" folder when upgrading your game patch. I suspect that a lot of times people ignore this advice and just update willy nilly without removing any mods/cc first.

There WAS a glitch with the launcher a while back, though, where Store items and such would uninstall itself because of certain updates, either Origin or Game patches. (Read this on Crinrict's blog, here) Perhaps this is another indication of this glitch making a return appearance? I hope not, since I remember I had to constantly re-install the Magic set over and over.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 4:44 AM
Ah, thanks. That page was helpful!
I'd not heard of that launcher glitch, so I'm hoping that means that I just wasn't affected by it ? (Origin and Store content are both up to date).

Is this affecting everyone, or just a handful of people? Do you think I should back everything up and try patching, or wait until University comes out? I don't mind not buying one SP, but there's no way I'm missing out on University, so I'll have to patch eventually, lol!
#4 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 5:39 AM
Well, I haven't had the issue in quite some time, so I assumed (there's that word, ugh) that the issue was fixed. As for the current problem with stuff disappearing, I would say it is NOT affecting everyone, because if it were, there would be a large-scale riot on many a sims site.
Theorist
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 6:18 AM
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the missing stuff affected everyone. It's just that you have to have a lot of stuff installed for this to affect youm and when you have so much stuff you don't miss stuff until you miss stuff - if you know what I mean!

I think there must be a limit on the launcher. But for those of us who are stuff junkies (whether it's EA Store or CC), it could take awhile to even notice something is missing.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 7:42 AM
From what I understand, Tangie is right.

There is a limit on CC that EA's Launcher can install. It combines it into a single file in DCCache, up to a size limit somewhere around 1 or 2 GB, and then starts a second file. But once it makes the second, it sometimes loses the first one.

You can avoid this by using Granthes's CC Magic to install your Sims3Packs, but it won't work (directly) on Store sims3packs.
Scholar
#7 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 10:35 AM
this is why i install things in "sections" so to speak...and swap out ebc files untill its all installed....
worlds in one...
sets in another
single objects
single hairs
clothes...

that way i can keep track of how big those files are...and start a new one when/if need be....
and not let the launcher start a new one by itself....
#8 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 5:21 PM
this is also why I prefer package files over simpacks
Alchemist
#9 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 5:25 PM
The one hair I had disappear from this patch was actually a package, not a simpack. Two other people I know lost the same hair, and as far as we can tell, it's all we lost.
I did try redownloading and reinstalling it, but even though the package is where it's supposed to be, it doesn't show up in CAS. And my Sim that was using that hair had his hairstyle replaced with something from base game.
One Minute Ninja'd
#10 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 7:36 PM
Sort of on topic (kinda), but has anyone else noticed that after the last patch/EP (Seasons) the board breaker went missing in the buydebug section? The training dummy is still there. The funny thing is that I recently had to do a full reinstall after upgrading a drive, and it's still missing. I haven't noticed, though, any cc go missing with any of the patches.
Alchemist
#11 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 7:49 PM
I haven't gotten around to 1.48 yet, but as of 1.47 I still have the board breaker: I just placed one from buydebug yesterday.
Scholar
#12 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Sort of on topic (kinda), but has anyone else noticed that after the last patch/EP (Seasons) the board breaker went missing in the buydebug section? The training dummy is still there. The funny thing is that I recently had to do a full reinstall after upgrading a drive, and it's still missing. I haven't noticed, though, any cc go missing with any of the patches.

i lliterally this morning just put that in a gym....in LL...so its there....at least for me
One Minute Ninja'd
#13 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 11:16 PM
I'm assuming you guys are not trying to gaslight me on this, because really, the damned board breaker is not to be found, even after reinstalling all the stupid EPs and SPs. I only bothered reinstalling WA for the content as I never use it for travel anymore. You honestly have it?
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 11:21 PM
Does anybody know whether the disappearing .sims3pack problem is still an issue with patch 1.48? I haven't noticed anything missing in my game, but due to how close together 1.47 and 1.48 were I don't think I ever actually used 1.47. Either I'm unaffected by this glitch or I was lucky enough to avoid using the one version of the game that suffered from it.
Scholar
#15 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 12:07 AM
I'm assuming you guys are not trying to gaslight me on this, because really, the damned board breaker is not to be found, even after reinstalling all the stupid EPs and SPs. I only bothered reinstalling WA for the content as I never use it for travel anymore. You honestly have it?

Right now my game is loading up......i will post a pic when i am fully started and post it here....be right back....its there i swear it...
Scholar
#16 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 12:16 AM
Alchemist
#17 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 12:18 AM

Honestly I do, I just put one on my lot the other day. I haven't patched to 1.48 yet, just 1.47.
One Minute Ninja'd
#18 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 1:29 AM
Son of a bitch! Where the hell is my breaker board! There is no way I'm pulling ~15 GB of cc apart to find out what may be causing the conflict, so my sim is going to have to get over not being able to break a space block. This is when I hate this freaking game.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 2:06 AM
I don't have a lot of store content (because its generally crappy and of low quality - haven't even spent my "free" 1000 points yet) - but the little I do have, free stuff that I downloaded just prior to the 1.47 patch, I noticed was all gone just a few minutes ago. I just finished re-downloading and re-installing.

I did a SuperPatch of 1.47 with all my "stuff" (save files, saved sims, and CC and mods) removed for safe keeping.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 7:42 AM
Wow, so many replies! I didn't expect this to get so much discussion going! XD

Anyway, seeing as I didn't patch to 1.47, and now they've released 1.48... If I patched via the launcher (I always patch the 'old-school' way, with the launcher. I don't download any of those big 'SuperPatches' or anything like that), do you think I'd not be affected, seeing as I wouldn't be playing with the 1.47 patch, but going to the 1.48 patch, or do you think it's best to wait until University (and the patch that they make for it) is released?

Also... if I DID happen to lose my CC, would I have to re-download & install everything from each site like it was the first time putting them in my game, or would deleting the DCCache and Mods folders & replacing them with back-up versions that I'd create just before the patch work?
Scholar
#21 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 5:35 PM Last edited by Periandre : 4th Feb 2013 at 5:40 PM. Reason: read rest of thread...

Thank you, for this. I thought I was losing my mind! (Read: Confirmation, I lost it too)

Edit: Okay, crap we apparently have the same nasty cc...
Field Researcher
#22 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 10:27 PM
... and my store content won't stay. Everytime I download and install, it disappears. Nothing else has gone awol that I'm aware of. I am running CC magic which one would think would help.

I let it install via the launcher then I restart the game but it never shows up in game.
One Minute Ninja'd
#23 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Periandre
Thank you, for this. I thought I was losing my mind! (Read: Confirmation, I lost it too)

Edit: Okay, crap we apparently have the same nasty cc...

You too!! This is great (well, not really, at least for us). I really thought maybe I needed reading glasses or something to find the damned thing in the catalog.
#24 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 2:04 AM
I got a little paranoid about the board breaker, so I booted up the game to have a look. Luckily, I still have it. If you put the filters to display just world adventures items, it should be between the Incense burner shaped like an Ankh, and the Kenspa scooter, just in case anyone wants to quickly find it.
One Minute Ninja'd
#25 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 2:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
I got a little paranoid about the board breaker, so I booted up the game to have a look. Luckily, I still have it. If you put the filters to display just world adventures items, it should be between the Incense burner shaped like an Ankh, and the Kenspa scooter, just in case anyone wants to quickly find it.

It's definitely MIA. Truly weird. I know what steps I should take to ID the offending content/mod, but I'm too lazy, and it's not exactly vital. What is concerning is the principle that an item can disappear like that. Now I'll end up all paranoid if I can't find something in the catalog right away that should be there (and probably is, I just keep overlooking it).
Page 1 of 2