Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 3:56 AM Last edited by SimKat014 : 28th Mar 2013 at 6:23 AM. Reason: Found solution to the problem
Default (Have mods installed) First, the game crashed after a few minutes, updated Nraas mods, started up, and now everything's gone south. *FIXED*
The mods I have are:
  • Nraas Story Progression Mods (Base and all)
  • Nraas Woohooer mods
  • The rest are all aesthetic mods (hair, eyes, etc)

Everything was going fine until I stupidly updated Sims 3. When I loaded my save, everything seemed fine- a bit of lag, but fine. Then it crashed. I supposed that my current 1.50 patch was the cause so I replaced the Nraas mods with the 1.50 versions. When I came back to my save, my sims were missing their avatar pics, time went on, but everything else froze. Also, the Woohooer base mod seemed to be detected as an error, so I deleted all the woohooer mods and I still get the same result.

So in other words, I don't know what's the problem. Should I just make a clean save and then slowly add all the mods back?

EDIT : Ok, I found the solution. It was as easy as deleting all the mods and then slowly add the mods back. Now there are no problems... except one lot having sims' needs never decrease (which is fun, but gets too easy) yet another lot has sims' needs decreasing slowly and recover naturally.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 8:13 PM
That would be a good place to start I think. Remove all mods, see how the game runs on its own, if it's fine, slowly add the mods back one by one.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Mar 2013 at 9:22 PM
And if you're still stuck after doing that, mosey on over to the Sims 3 Help section, where we've got troubleshooting FAQs and a QA forum.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Theorist
#4 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 8:59 AM
One thing's for sure, never start a game with mods that aren't your patch level. That's why patching is not something you'd do in five minutes.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 1:51 PM
Remove cache files from my documents folder!!! They all look like (something)Cache.package.

Before I've learned that I used to have many problems after updating game and mods.
Scholar
#6 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 7:01 PM
^ What IzzyBess said. But don't delete the 'socialCache.package file. I don't know why, I've always been told not to delete that one

Call me Gemma or Gem :)
Played since original 'The Sims'. Spend my life working, playing and lurking around here, posting way too much not enough.
The Only Way Is Up
simblr
Inventor
#7 Old 25th Mar 2013 at 7:05 PM
Try games4theworld's ultimate fix (google it), but...
For some people mods/cc don't work.
It works for me, but you can never be too sure...
Hope this helps.