Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 4:36 PM
Default Sim Cannot Shop for Books
Testing out Twinbrook. I have not changed the neighborhood in any way. Have a sim who wants to buy a book, so I sent her to the Bookshop, but the action to Shop for Books just drops out of her queue. She shopped successfully for groceries at the Grocery that is on the same lot as the book store.

So - Is this a glitch with Twinbrook? Or is it an issue with my game? And in either case, does anyone have any suggestions for fixing?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 4:46 PM
Try moving the dumpster behind the bookstore back two spaces (edit town) and then move the bookstore back two spaces. Sims have a problem entering the bookstore and route fail.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 5:26 PM
This was supposed to have been fixed with patch 1.57. Are you saying that it is not working?
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 5:57 PM
Do you have any books your sim made on the computer in your inventory? Try deleting those and then see if you can get in.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 7:27 PM
Thank you all for responding!

Fullsheet - I'm going to try moving dumpster and shop as you suggest. Will let you know how it goes.

babele44 - I have only patched to 1.57 as of yet. I was holding out to update the new patch until I got used to what I have, mostly because of the mods I have downloaded and installed. Should I be reconsidering and go ahead an update the patch? (I have already downloaded, but not installed it.)

kewpie - Don't think so. I've only been testing with the EA pre-mades and have yet to really play a game. But I'll check this, too.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 7:48 PM
With 1.55 you need to move the bookstore in Twinbrook back 2 spaces for Sims to be able to get in, and when I patched to 1.57 and my Sim went to the bookstore he was able to go in, but sank into the ground when he was coming out. Even though the 1.57 patch notes say they fixed the issue, I doubt they fixed it fully since my Sim sank.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 8:27 PM Last edited by babele44 : 27th Sep 2013 at 11:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by pureheart
Thank you all for responding!

Fullsheet - I'm going to try moving dumpster and shop as you suggest. Will let you know how it goes.

babele44 - I have only patched to 1.57 as of yet. I was holding out to update the new patch until I got used to what I have, mostly because of the mods I have downloaded and installed. Should I be reconsidering and go ahead an update the patch? (I have already downloaded, but not installed it.)

kewpie - Don't think so. I've only been testing with the EA pre-mades and have yet to really play a game. But I'll check this, too.
Hm, patch 1.57 doesn't seem to do very much but fixes a few minor things while it doesn't appear to break too much as a consequence. So, unless you fear that some of your mods might conflict there is nothing that should prevent you from patching. Reading through the patch notes there were quite a few things that annoyed me so much that I am glad that I patched, although some fixes don't seem to work as intended, but I haven't encountered anything new yet.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 10:26 PM
Glad you all realized I meant that I'd only patched to v. 1.55! I just got the game and several EPs installed a week or so ago and am on a really steep learning curve. But I will get the newer patch installed once I'm feeling more comfortable with the overall game.

Thanks again for all your info and help!