Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 4:31 PM
Sims3Pack and Package viewers
I'm looking for a good programme that you would recommend me using. I've tried 3Viewer but it's not working for me, I don't like the way CC Magic is built because it can't preview a single file. I used to use TSR Merlin but I can't download it anywhere after re-installation my system. I also have S3PE but I'm not really familiar with it and couldn't find where I was able to preview my CC.

Now I can't sort my things :<<<
Would someone kindly could teach me how to do it in S3PE or recommend anything else?
Advertisement
Eminence Grise
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 9:48 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 2nd Nov 2013 at 10:09 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by rheariel
I'm looking for a good programme that you would recommend me using. I've tried 3Viewer but it's not working for me, I don't like the way CC Magic is built because it can't preview a single file. I used to use TSR Merlin but I can't download it anywhere after re-installation my system. I also have S3PE but I'm not really familiar with it and couldn't find where I was able to preview my CC.

Now I can't sort my things :<<<
Would someone kindly could teach me how to do it in S3PE or recommend anything else?

By "preview", do you mean you want to see a thumbnail, or what exactly?

If it's just the thumbnail you're after, CC Magic will show it for each item where there IS a thumbnail (each item in the package list shows the thumb and other info about the package as available). But if you want more info than that, you might try Kuree's Package Viewer: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...16&topic=1953.0 They both have the same restriction: CC items that have never been used in-game may not have a thumbnail, because unless the CC maker has provided a custom thumbnail, it won't exist until the game generates it. And there are some items which don't ever get a thumbnail generated by the game, because they don't appear in any in-game catalogs (things like prop objects).

.S3OC (Object Cloner) may be more handy than S3PE for showing thumbnails, as a third alternative.

.S3OC and (I believe) Kuree's viewer will only handle packages; CCM will also handle Sims3Packs (which ALL have thumbnails; it's one of the things the Sims3Pack format adds to the raw package).

If you actually want to see a full 3D model of the CC, then TSR Workshop would be the way to go, I guess. But I think it ONLY handles Sims3Packs.

Be pleased to be corrected if I have any of this wrong, btw Aside from CCM, haven't used these tools in a while.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 9:43 AM
I want to see thumbnail but 3D model would be awesome. Thank you for your comprehensive answer
In fact I think the best way it's to use CC Magic because it can handle both of them (even if it's slow sometimes)
Could you explain me how can I see in TSR Workshop full 3d model because I couldn't open Sims3pack there (feels nooby :D)?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 12:01 PM
Start TSRW, and go New Project -> New Import. You can import .package files or sims3packs from that screen (or .wrk files, though I dunno why you'd have any).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 12:18 PM
Thank you very much, it was really helpful I can see everything now
And it worked! Thank you both for help <3