Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 7:02 PM
Trying to decide between Expansion Packs
I have the "Starter Pack", "Generations", and "Supernatural" already, and "Into the Future" is on my "Must Have List" so I'll probably be getting it one way or the other. I LOVE SCI-FI. Anyway I would love to get another EP along with it, but I'm having a hard time deciding on which one of this list I compiled:
  1. Island Paradise
  2. Pets
  3. World Adventures
  4. Seasons
  5. Ambitions

I love the idea of being able to build micro families that can raise families of their own, but I also want them to be able to go out and explore the world on their own and have their own little adventures which is why Island Paradise appealed to me the most. World Adventures looks fun but I heard it's a poorly constructed mess. Pets, pretty self explanatory, I love animals. Seasons adds weather elements but...other than adding holidays is there anything more to the appeal of it? Ambitions is the lowest because my Sims could finally become Firemen and build Simbots but with ITF there's Plumbots so yeah. I didn't include Showtime or University Life as they don't hold major appeal for me aside from the Genie and UL I'd probably get bored of it really, really fast as I had actually bought and played the original Sims 2 version and I was left feeling incredibly unimpressed with the whole structure and limitation.

Thoughts then?

"I want to see where the sirens sing."

http://www.last.fm/user/chryseis
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2013 at 7:28 PM
Personally, I say if you don't have Ambitions, get it. Either now, or later, but it opens up the neighborhood a great deal. It also adds some nice activities for Sims to engage in. It has a little something for everybody.

WA is a mess, yes. It adds some nice things, but it doesn't have a "must have" quality to it. If you want that vacation feeling, get Island Paradise. Island Paradise is more of a "live in" vacation than a "go to", though.

Seasons adds... seasonal stuff to the game. It's kind of must have (as this is a life simulator), but I, personally, felt it was lacking, but it rounds out the experience as a whole.

University Life is fun, if you can put up with it and engage yourself. It adds a lot of nice things, like bowling, coffeeshops, degrees and various other cute additions (like spray art), but it's also missing obvious additions, like more gym equipment, and has some annoying features, like social groups and lazily made apartments (and no bin lots for them either). Once you leave University, however, you're back to the rest of the game, so the experience is not integrated as a whole.

Showtime is really niche. I'm not sure how often you want to perform or watch shows, but they're there. It's great for expanding on community lots, though. It's the kind of game where you could have only one EP installed and not too much would be missing, overall. It feels complete, sans animals and weather.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Locked thread | Locked by: Nysha Reason: Answered by ButchSims!