Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gone with the Window with 18 slots

by cmomoney Posted 4th Jun 2010 at 12:47 AM - Updated 4th Nov 2011 at 12:54 PM by cmomoney

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 72 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
#51 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 3:12 AM
YOU ABSOLUTLEY READ MY MIND! when i first saw this windown i wished i could put stuff on it...yay thank you so much now i can :D
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:57 PM
Yay! Thank you
Test Subject
#53 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 1:11 PM
You have taken away the one reason why I hardly ever used this window. Thank you for this great change!
Field Researcher
#54 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 11:34 PM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I CAN'T SAY IT ENOUGH! Like many others, I've wanted this option since Sims 3 was released a year ago! I knew that someone, someday would do what EA should have done to begin with.

Now, if you have all the expansions, can/will you PLEASE do this for ALL the games bay windows? PLEASE?

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Test Subject
#55 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 4:02 AM
I cannot hit the thank you button enough times. Five minutes into the game, my first window placement, I think "Oh that will be great for holding stuff!" Then OH WAIT NO. Was super disappointed!

Seriously, though. Thanks for this. Twice.
Test Subject
#56 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 6:41 PM
I had wanted to pm you about this but, I couldn't seem to find your contact information. I downloaded this window but it doesn't seem to be appearing in my game so, I was curious, I know you said this is base game compatible but, what patch version was this built for? Thanks and sorry if this is not where I should be asking this.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 11:07 PM
Default It Does Work With Ambitions!!
I have all eps including Ambitions, and fully patched updated, v4.0.87. I had no trouble at all with this window. It shows up in window section as it should, it DOES replace the default, AND works perfectly in my game. Thank you again for this!

P.S. PLEASE CAN YOU DO THIS FOR ALL THE GAME BAY WINDOWS? PLEASE? :lovestruck

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 11:28 PM Last edited by SofyaSoSofya : 10th Jun 2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: P.S.
Thank you so much!!!!! I love slots!!!!!!!!! Thank you, thank you!!!!

P.S. Please can you do this for all the game bay windows? Please?2

Hugs to everyone, always!
Test Subject
#59 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 1:24 PM
this is terrific, I hate wasted space. downloading and a big thank you
Test Subject
#60 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 6:57 AM
I'd like to see this mod be made compatible with Ambitions.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#61 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Seraphael
I'd like to see this mod be made compatible with Ambitions.

It is compatible.

Quote: Originally posted by Mimi52861
I have all eps including Ambitions, and fully patched updated, v4.0.87. I had no trouble at all with this window. It shows up in window section as it should, it DOES replace the default, AND works perfectly in my game.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
#62 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 5:21 PM
Finally! TY sooo much!
Test Subject
#63 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 7:45 AM
Wow! I always thought that you should be able to put things on that window! Looks great! Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#64 Old 1st Jul 2010 at 10:07 PM
I must have this thank you
Instructor
#65 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 2:16 AM
Thank you so very very much! You resolved one of my pet peeves about windows!
Was it difficult to add placement slots? Also, can you recommend any particular info threads or tutorials on adding placement slots to objects?
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
Original Poster
#66 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by suceress
Was it difficult to add placement slots? Also, can you recommend any particular info threads or tutorials on adding placement slots to objects?

Not really hard at all.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=401814

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Instructor
#67 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cmomoney
Not really hard at all.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=401814

Excellent! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#68 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Winterhart
Is this supposed to be in Windows? It doesn't seem to be replacing Not Just a Bay Window. I am using Ambitions with the mods in the new place in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims3\Mods\packages. I don't seem to have any problem with other default replacements. Does anyone else have this problem? :lovestruc

Thank you for your time.

it does replace it. It just doesn't work on already installed bay windows. You need to delete the old window and replace it with a new one. It didn't work for me either untill I tried that. I'm building a lot and i had already used EAs window before installing the fixed one. When i deleted and replaced it, it was the fixed one.

By the way I also agree can you do that for the rest of the bay windows? (including the store ones - if you can)

Awesome Job

"Do what you please and do it now...'cause time won't wait.... The end of all things might be tomorrow.. You never know what's gonna come... Life is yours to live, just live it the best way you can"
Test Subject
#69 Old 29th Jul 2010 at 4:04 PM
Fantastic! My Windows are going to look so realistic now!
Test Subject
#70 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 9:19 AM
Thaaaaank you so much !! I miss
ed to use this space in the window from the beginning. So happy now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 4:07 PM
What a great idea! I wonder whether the Sims can sit on there. XD
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#72 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 9:41 PM
Thank you for making this! Bay windows needs plants and clutter!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 25th Mar 2011 at 3:30 AM
Amazing idea, pure genius! Thank u soooo much.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 11:43 AM
I am sorry, I can't get this to work. And yeah I deleted my old bay window and put a new one in. I have all expansions (except Generations) and all stuff packs. Also updated to the latest patch up to the Late Night exp.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 12:37 PM
YAY!!! I never used this window just because I couldn't stand an empty windowsill!
Page 3 of 4