Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#151 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 3:00 AM
Are you done yet? Are you done yet? Are you done yet? *hops around in excitement*

EDIT: when you are done, Laura, can you pass on the modified UI files I provided? I lost my copies after my computer crapped itself.
Advertisement
Scholar
#152 Old 18th Jan 2011 at 4:11 AM
Lol, Jim. Calm down.
Just wondering, but do you mean the files for Tundra Valley? I didn't think Laura downloaded them.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#153 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 3:52 AM
Oh yeah. Sorry, I got those mixed up. Never mind, Laura.
Scholar
#154 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 4:03 AM
If I could I would upload them seperately to MediaFire... however my computer has no internet at the moment so I cannot upload them now.
Bt the way Laura, I saw your picture taking tutorial! Great job! It covered so many things that I wished I had known when I started taking pictures.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#155 Old 19th Jan 2011 at 6:01 AM
Sorry guys, I was sure I'd posted here, not sure what happened.

My Freetime disk got scratched whilst I was staying with my parents so I couldn't play Illusion Bay anymore. I ordered a new one, it should be delivered today or tomorrow and then I'll finish it off and upload it to Mediafire asap. I didn't have much longer to go, at least.

Thanks Kaila :-) I've really gotten in to picture taking, so I figured I'd write a little tutorial :-)
Banned
Original Poster
#156 Old 20th Jan 2011 at 3:37 AM
I eagerly await!
Scholar
#157 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 6:37 PM
Okay guys, I'm wondering something. Do you think we should get a multi-PT hack? I really don't want all of the aliens to be related, especially when we get into later generations - messy family trees and all that?
Just throwing out the idea - it might be better. But I wanted to ask you before I added anything like that. (Plus, I might have to take out a hair or something to add it lol.)

tumblr
Mad Poster
#158 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 6:58 PM
I'd be ok with that, Kaila. Aliens seem to be getting popular! Or bullied, as the case may be. I guess I mean common rather than popular! :-D

If Jim agrees, maybe we could agree on a multi PT hack and include it as extra CC, so that you can keep your hairs. Given that it'd benefit all of us it seems silly to make it count against one person's CC allowance. And if we agree on one and all download it ourselves we wouldn't need to pass it on with the neighbourhood, so it wouldn't matter how large the file(s) was/were.

I got a new Freetime disk this morning (Amazon was slow...), so shouldn't be too long now! :-)
Banned
Original Poster
#159 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 10:44 PM
What is a multi-PT hack and what does it do?
Scholar
#160 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 11:11 PM
It adds more Pollination Technicians (PT's) to the hood and your sims will have a chance out of - I think 4 or 5 PT's? not sure - when they get abducted, to be the father. I don't have one in my new game since I only have 1 alien so far, but I think that since we already have a few aliens in Illusion Bay that we should add a hack to create more options. This way not all aliens will be siblings/related.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#161 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 10:36 PM
Yup. I have one in my main game that adds 4 PT's. That's enough for me, to be honest, as it gives plenty of variation without each half-alien having a different technician "parent". I added it when I started a 'hood where half-aliens/green-skinned sims were top of the social hierarchy; as I expected there to be lots of them and I wanted the half-aliens to be able to have kids together I decided that a multi-PT hack was necessary.
Banned
Original Poster
#162 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 7:41 AM
Ah, I see.

Don't forget to pass the CC along with the 'hood, saves me having to hunt stuff down and download it all over again.
Scholar
#163 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 3:17 PM Last edited by Kailacat : 24th Jan 2011 at 6:18 PM.
Why? Did you delete it after playing with it? I didn't think we were going to pass it along with the hood, since both me and Laura posted our lists here. I only passed yours along since you didn't post a list here for us to download from. You don't have to delete it after each round; the CC doesn't change.

Also, Laura, what multi-PT hack do you use? Perhaps we could use it for Illusion Bay too as long as there's no CC.

tumblr
Mad Poster
#164 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 8:20 PM
I use this one but unfortunately it requires University :-( There are quite a few available - the trick is finding one that's CC free, compatible with the EP's we're using, and doesn't include default skins/eyes.....

I shall upload all the CC (from all three of us) to Mediafire as a separate rar file, that way we're not passing it on every time but as long as nobody adds anything else anyone who needs it can just download it from Mediafire.

My internet connection struggles with downloading files, so if the CC is separate the neighbourhood file will be a bit smaller, and that's good news for me and my poor long-suffering laptop! :-D
Banned
Original Poster
#165 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 3:59 PM
Don't forget my laptop had to be reinitialized, Kaila, that's how I lost all the multiplayer CC.

Laura: Good idea! Saves us all the effort of going on some unnecessary scavenger hunt.
Scholar
#166 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 9:26 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about that.
That'll be helpful Laura, and also I love your new avatar!

tumblr
Mad Poster
#167 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 11:20 PM
Thanks Kaila, she's my contestant in singing_Noel's Miss Role Model contest :-)

I had to redownload mine and Kaila's CC this time round, Jim, because I'd accidentally deleted it..... So having it on Mediafire in a separate file will come in handy for the next time I do that..... (I never learn!)

Sorry it's taking so long, my laptop is quite possibly on its last legs and blue screens on me about half a dozen times each day. So I've had to replay quite a few bits because I wasn't saving the game often enough. Now I save pretty much every sim hour, but that also slows down my playing! And restarting my laptop each time, and going through the stupid scans it always wants to do, is time consuming.... Getting closer, though!

And a friend of mine is going to upload it to Mediafire for me when I'm done, because my internet connection sucks and I have issues getting it to upload properly. So that should help!
Banned
Original Poster
#168 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 6:26 AM
My laptop croaked again too, I lost everything except for my CC. So... yeah. Take your time, Laura.
Scholar
#169 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 12:18 AM Last edited by Kailacat : 29th Jan 2011 at 2:18 AM. Reason: fail wording
Oh my god, Jim, that's absolutely terrible! I hope you'll get some of your stuff back, at least. Oh, I can't imagine how much stuff, and Sims, you've lost!
But yeah, Laura, you can take as long as you want... I just can't wait to see what you've done with your Simmies! Sounds like they've been having plenty of fun having family reunions.

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#170 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 1:10 PM
Good news: Everything is back up and I also lost a lot less stuff than I thought. In fact, I found all my CC project files neatly tucked away inside a rar. And Claire's safe, too.
Scholar
#171 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 4:20 AM
That's great! Especially that you got Claire back. I'm glad you didn't lose so much stuff after all.

So I went multi-PT-hack-hunting and found this one:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=290883
I believe it would work, because there is no CC linked to - the CC credited at the very end is either defaults (so it wouldn't apply), or being used on the test spawn. Also, one of the posters has used it with "all the EP's up and until AL" and it does work fine for them.
Do you guys want to use it?

Quote: Originally posted by ChihoSan
You just put these in your downloads folder, and your next alien birth will pull one of these for PTs.

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#172 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 8:34 PM
Go for it. As long as it doesn't take you over the CC file limit, any hacks that will improve play are fine by me.

I'm working on getting a replacement computer, since mine's close to joining Laura's in computer heaven.
Mad Poster
#173 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 9:36 PM
Mine's still hanging on by the skin of its teeth, just about. I'm taking it to be poked by computery people whilst I'm away in a couple of weeks, if they can't fix it I hope that my parents will buy me a new one...... I am still trying to get my turn finished, I'm sooooo sorry it's taking so long! Along with laptop issues I have also been ill, been studying, been working on a grant application and been trying to get my new business off the ground. I seriously seriously hope to be able to pass the 'hood on soon though, but the amount of sim-time I've replayed due to laptop crashes is just insane! I now save about every 2 minutes, which is time-consuming in itself, but I will get to the end of my turn!
Banned
Original Poster
#174 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 12:45 PM
You poor thing It's OK, I'm still working on other stuff over here, especially the MTS neighbourhood.
Banned
Original Poster
#175 Old 16th Nov 2011 at 1:29 PM
I just edited the links in my reserved post to reflect the migration to my new Sims blog: I cleaned out my old LiveJournal (OMG IT TOOK ME THREE DAYS TO DO THAT), migrated the entries from my DeadJournal and deleted my DeadJournal.

Have you gotten a working computer yet, Laura?

Page 7 of 8