Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 7:52 AM
Default What practical jokes have you played?
Inspired by the fibs thread, what practical jokes have you played?

I must admit that I was a terrible child and used to play tricks on everyone. In Melbourne there is, or at least used to be, a wonderful magic shop with all sorts of devices for tricks and jokes and I used to insist on visiting it every time we visited the city.

I can't remember now who I played the joke on, but once made a relative's cigarettes explode...I had these little pellets that you hid in the tip of the cigarette and when it was lit would go off like a sparkler. Except that I put a bit much in and it was more like a mini-fireworks display across the dinner table

My other one was a little cap-driven device that you would load then hide under any surface you liked. Once set, any change in pressure would cause it to go off. My favourite hiding place for it was underneath the toilet seat, meaning that whenever someone sat down it would go off with an almighty bang, smoke...and a great laugh for yours truly. One day my young cousin was the victim - she tore out of the loo screaming about how the toilet had bitten her. Was years before she dared use our toilet again

I also tampered with the stitching on my dad's deck chair while we were away camping one year - he sat down, the stitching gave way altogether and he ended up with his bum well and truly wedged in the chair frame. Still got photos of that one, and to add insult to injury, a friend who was with us had the photos blown up and laminated for him

What evilness do you guys get up to?

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 6:11 PM
Oh wow, you would fit in quite well with my family. We try to have a nice dinner and it ends up turning into a comedic showcase, with dribble cups, uneven chairs and plastic food. My uncle gives the worst of it - a day doesn't go by where he doesn't pull some kind of trick on them.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 7:24 AM
Oooh, we do practical jokes all the time... but only nice ones.

For instance, in Sweden there's this tradition that you are only supposed to eat candy on Saturdays. My kids milk this to the limit, demanding jam sandwiches for breakfast and dessert after dinner, in addition to the traditional bag of sweets to be gobbled at leisure. This gives me opportunities - I often make jokes with their Saturday sweets. Once I told them they couldn't have anything sugary because it's unhealthy. They grumbled, but they accepted plain popcorn as a substitute. I gave them each a bowl - and underneath a layer of popcorn, there was white chocolate and mini-marshmallows. They think I'm the funniest mom ever (of course, I'm the only mom they have ever had, so it's not much of a competition...)
Theorist
#4 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 11:33 AM
When I was in preschool I left a plastic spider in the sink for my mom, being the complete angel I was (and the oldest) she never saw it coming! To this day I still leave her spiders on April 1 works like a charm.

Hi I'm Paul!
Sim Princess in Pink
#5 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 11:32 PM
Not really played any jokes, really crap at it haha.

But last April Fools I changed my birthday on Facebook to Aprils Fool Day and got flooded with birthday messages .

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 12:10 AM
In highschool, I planted one of these on a friend's back during classes, activated the pump and when it reached her shoulder and came into her sight she shrieked so loud the whole class was startled. She told the teacher that she got scared by a big bug nearby her. Poor guy never questioned if the bug was real or not.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/sk...C7C5022FB410D56
Forum Resident
#7 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 8:42 PM
Oh I remember one I did recently...... we were all at my friend's house and one of my friends was playing the PS3, while the rest of us sat on the bed, thinking of something to do. Then I picked up the remote for the T.V, and everybody knew what I was gonna do next, except for my friend playing the game hehe. I waited until he got to a loading point in the game, where the screen would go black for a few seconds, and when that happened, I pressed the standby button on the remote. The rest of us couldn't hold it in when it took him 10 minutes staring blankly at the screen, before realising we turned it off. Hilarious! :D

Last year in a hotel with a few guys on a school trip, one of the guys rang my room at 9.00am pretending to be the manager, telling us to leave the hotel. I fully believed it was the manager and I shouted "CRAP WE'RE GETTING KICKED OUT!!" Funny times :P

And I love humming in Maths class, since my friend gets very freaked out by wierd noises!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Theorist
#8 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 11:26 PM
During 7th grade, me and some of my classmate decided to pull a prank on the teachers. We plastered the door handle with soot (from the white board eraser) and stuck double tapes on the white board, so that it becomes black if anyone tries to use the eraser on it.