Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 8:30 PM
Default Rainbow gem anyone?
Hi there! Long time stalker, first time writing . I have a question about the location of the rainbow gem in Moonlight Falls. I need it to make my kid's Imaginary Friend real. I can't get the Collector Helper liftime reward just yet and I would like to speed things up a bit. Thanks in advance for your help !
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 5:21 PM
Get a dog, or a werewolf and when you find something rare make your witch transmute it. Also try rummaging trashcans, or get a martial arts master and have him/her break space rocks outside. Get an inventor, invent the miner and start mining. Other than those ways, good old running around picking everything is the way to go. I've never memorized any spots in MF since I got valuables spilling out of my ears with my supes getting them left and right.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Jan 2013 at 9:06 PM
Thank you very much for the tips, Sirah, I really appreciate it . One of my sims is an inventor, I think I can get him to go digging around.
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 10:35 PM
You could also download the Treasure Box mod found here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=383093

It's just a buyable item that you can put in your house (I usually put it on a kitchen counter or on the available space on an alchemy station), and you can buy any shape of any gem, metal, or ore by clicking on the item. I use this for those hard-to-find metals and gems just because I don't feel like searching around that much. I figure it deducts money from the household, that's payment enough!
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 1:12 AM
I just basically conjure a lot in my Lord Vladmir's Cauldron and I ended up getting it^^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:07 AM
Thanks for your tips, too . I really don't like using mods for obtaining items, I don't know why. But I also check the Consignment store and Alchemy shop daily for the gem - to no avail yet... I think I'm going to finally turn one of my sims into a warewolf and send her looking for gems, I haven't tried that yet.
Eminence Grise
#7 Old 9th Jan 2013 at 7:45 AM
Dogs and werewolves are really your best bet. They find all kinds of stuff that shouldn't even be available in the world (e.g. rare WA gems and metals). The same is true of the Ambitions digger, but that takes a lot more time... plus it wakes everybody up :p

I played a werewolf couple... that owned a dog... in Twinbrook. And the biggest problem I had with that family is they got way too rich, way too fast... just from hunting every night :/ Didn't know what to spend it all on!

BTW both dogs and werewolves after a certain skill level can hunt for items of a certain type, so you can limit yourself to gems at that point.
Inventor
#8 Old 15th Jun 2013 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Dogs and werewolves are really your best bet. They find all kinds of stuff that shouldn't even be available in the world (e.g. rare WA gems and metals). The same is true of the Ambitions digger, but that takes a lot more time... plus it wakes everybody up :p

I played a werewolf couple... that owned a dog... in Twinbrook. And the biggest problem I had with that family is they got way too rich, way too fast... just from hunting every night :/ Didn't know what to spend it all on!

BTW both dogs and werewolves after a certain skill level can hunt for items of a certain type, so you can limit yourself to gems at that point.

My Michael is a Werewolf now, and he is the first sim I made in Cast when I got Sims 3, He has collected everything (Or so I thought), until he got to level 10 but he found a rainbow beetle and a Cleopatra Moth today. Hunt Solo is a lot of fun on Landgraab or the bug lot. Everything is 100% more fun now.

Some people have a Guardian Angel, you know a little guy sitting on your shoulder that tells you right from wrong, but mine is an Idiot.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 17th Jun 2013 at 6:14 PM
If I remember correctly, one of my Sims found a rainbow gem along the south side of the river, under a tree, near Red Velvet Lounge. I'd suggest searching that side of the river along/near the shoreline first, before or in combination with all the other suggestions.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥