Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 11:45 PM Last edited by Echo : 28th Dec 2006 at 11:51 PM.
Well I'm still not entirely sure what you're trying to create or what you've cloned it from, but if you're coding new NPCs you need to do a fair amount of editing in the "Main" behaviour. Main is what gets run by a sim/object all the time, including when they're not running any interactions etc. If the NPC is walking off the lot all the time, then you need to find the part of the code in its Main function which is making the sim walk off the lot, then remove it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 5:34 AM Last edited by Evil Naruto : 31st Dec 2006 at 2:57 AM.
Thank you, I originaly requested this, but they closed the request area.
I'll will try to make one for all of the NPC's to be treated like average sims, it should be out for testing by thursday.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 4:58 PM
Hi,all.
I have a problem, I created an object using your tutorial and post it on Modthesims2.com.
It works fine on my computer but someone post a comment, his game didn't load anymore because of my object :

http://modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=212995

Can you help me plz, to find where this problem come from
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 10:23 PM
It may come from a "missing" expansion pack but the object and the animation come from the original game...
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 12:10 AM
Hi Black Spirit

The object you cloned was changed in the Pets expansion so that pets could scratch/chew. That means that the Pie Menu Functions file format is specific to Pets being installed.

If you to create a base game compatible object clone, you need to follow the instructions in this thread:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=193642
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 10:36 AM
Thank you so much
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#83 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 12:32 AM
Spencer: Assuming you're talking about the animation loop, then yes, that is the general idea... ?
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#85 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 9:57 AM
Then it hasn't gone wrong, it's working the way it's supposed to. The purpose of that section of the tutorial was to show you how to create something that keeps looping until you tell your sim to stop.

If you want the sim to leave under some condition, you need to add that condition in to the code.
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#87 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 3:40 AM
Well that depends on what condition you want to have met. If you want sims to leave when, say, their hunger value is low, then you would need to have a line like:
My motive hunger < -0x32
Which has a true target pointing out of the interaction.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 3:13 PM
Hi again echo, I created this mod : http://modthesims2.com/showthread.p...978#post1568978 which allow your sim to become a werewolf only on tuesday, thursday ans saturday.
It works very well, but do you think it's possible to create a version of this mod that will allow your sim to become a werewolf one day a month( every 28 day) ?
Instructor
#89 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 3:43 PM
[prim 0x0002] Expression (Global 0x0001 (Day of Month) == Literal 0x001C) True: Become Werewolf False: Don't Become Werewolf

Replace the bit of code you were using to check for the day of the week with the line above and that should do it for you. There are 30 days in a sim month numbered 0 to 29.

Tired of getting ripped off by paysites?
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 6:14 PM
Thank you so much !!!
Field Researcher
#91 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 5:01 PM
Thanks Easiest to follow tutorial ever!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 3:10 AM Last edited by nelson_ts2fan_loco : 4th Mar 2007 at 3:34 AM. Reason: attachment
Default I need help, Echo
Thanx for your tutorial, it's been great, I can now understand how people created the "rejuvenating chamber".
I got stuck in the animation, though.
I put the Animate sim (0x6a) in the opcode. In the operands, when i put them, the link says---- animated sim fallback: global a-no expression---. I'm not gonna go on further, due to a friends screw up in a file and ended messing his whole sims 2, and I don't want that.
My version is .60, and I don't know whether that is the problem, if its the new version of saying what you just wanted in your version, or if I messed up.
Can you help?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Paintingredvsbluemierda2.rar (82.1 KB, 16 downloads) - View custom content

NOTE: nelson_ts2fan_loco is not my name anymore
my real name is Nel
N-E-L
Thank you for your attention
Retired Duck
retired moderator
Original Poster
#94 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 4:19 AM
Nelson - It's doing that because you haven't got the name of the animation you want to run in text list 0x81 line 0. The instructions for that are in the next few steps. The text that SimPE displays when it can't find a match has changed very slightly between versions, which is why yours doesn't match exactly with mine. Don't worry about it. :D

Just as a side note though - there is pretty much nothing you can do wrong in this tutorial which will result in your entire game getting corrupted. Just don't use your favourite sims when you're trying out a partially completed hack, and don't save any lots with a partially completed hack in your downloads folder. I've made some pretty spectacular modding screw ups in the last two years, but I've never once had to re-install the game because of a bad BHAV. Don't be afraid to try something unusual just to see what it does - that's the best way to learn!
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 7:56 PM
Default Thanks
Thats what I wanted to hear, Echo, I will keep reading the rest of your tutorial; and if you have more tutorials, I will certainly find them.
For me, its all based on following what the tutorial says; then I start thinking on more difficult things. Thats why I first ask these kinds of questions; they always helped me when I start something new.

And thanks, too, for the side notes, the sims and lot stuff you wrote will help me be more careful. Thats the stuff that helps me the most.
Thaks.

NOTE: nelson_ts2fan_loco is not my name anymore
my real name is Nel
N-E-L
Thank you for your attention
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 15th Apr 2007 at 10:53 PM
Thanx for these. No doubt I will find some useful information in them.

"Stirred sheep and whirreled peas don't mix. In order to mix these two things you would have to puree the sheep." -JoJo
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 2:52 AM
First of all I just wanted to say thanks for the excellent tutorial.

Having said that, I am having a bit of a problem but am too new to this to determine exactly why.

I clone the painting and modified the picture.... tested it, no problem.
I started going through your tutorial and added the menu.... tested it, no problem.
Added the BHAV code from your tutorial and complete your steps.... tested it, problem:

The item shows up in the Buy Mode as expected, but it is unplacable without "moveobjects on". Without that code it just stays red no matter where I try to put. If I place it using "moveobjects on" it works perfect, but having that as a requirement is a little tedious.

Have you seen this problem before or have any clue why I might be experiencing it?
Banned
#98 Old 17th Apr 2007 at 5:16 AM
mooman_fl - did you change the instances of the new interaction BHAV, you need to.
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#99 Old 4th May 2007 at 7:26 PM
Oh, THANKYOU, Echo! (dancing on tippytoes!)
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 15th May 2007 at 7:04 AM
Default Wait For Notify Command
Hi guys! First, my thanks for the tutorial, Echo!

I've included the command "Wait For Notify" in my loop and according to the turorial "The sim should just keep on looping until you either tell them to stop, or one of their needs drops to desperation level!", however, mine only stops when I tell them to. I've lowered all the needs to -90 plus (red) but the sim still keeps looping.

Do I have to one by one specify and add codes for all needs as quoted:

Quote: Originally posted by Echo
If you want the sim to leave under some condition, you need to add that condition in to the code.

...or did I not do something right with the "Wait For Notify" command?

Anyone? Thanks.
Page 4 of 16