1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#6101 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 4:36 PM
In Maryville, Gregory and Timothy Kleinman met the $1600 requirement to be considered Lower Working Class, and were able to move from the paupers' boarding house to a proper apartment. Their less-stigmatized address will allow Timothy to get a couple more promotions and Gregory to take a job in his preferred career, Law, when one presents itself in the newspaper. Both men have a locked-in want to adopt, so are hoping to get their savings up to the required $3000 for that.

Their room at the boarding house has been taken by Linda Trostle and Joan Farmer, who decided to pool their resources so they could have a 4x4 room between them instead of a 3x2 room each. With bunk beds (how did I manage for so long without bunk beds? I've only had them a couple of months and they're amazing!), they have room to add a sofa and maybe one or two other things as the money comes in.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6102 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 5:32 PM
I set up a new terrain mostly to test out removal of unwanted town decor in the town view.I ended up deciding that after that work I'll save a back up copy and might even upload a copy of that c;leaned up town here.It's one of the terrain templates EA provided in the game and it's available if you play UC like I do.I intend on using this in a new challenge game.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6103 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 7:34 PM
Rileys: work and school, very simple, non-dramatic life. They went out one evening to celebrate Sally's good grades, another evening just because Timothy didn't feel like cooking (and needed to meet people to befriend for promotion purposes). On the very last day of their rotation I built a small, about $15,000, community lot, called "Medical Lounge" and had Timothy buy it, and marked it as for sims in the medical career only, so they could hang out away from work and chill. There aren't very many of them, but Timothy finally got to meet some of the other medical professionals. (For whatever reason, my sims rarely bring home random friends from work: I expect because of the mod that they have to be in the same field, but there are sims in the field, so . . .) Now that it's set as an exclusive business, I'm thinking about selling it back to the community--Timothy hasn't got any real interest in owning a business, anymore than the generic oh, hey, knowledge sim, owns business, better want a sales badge--but I'm not sure if it'd stay set at level one as far as numbers of sims there.

I tried setting up the elementary school, but again the students started losing grades, so some mod isn't playing well with some other mod. Oh, well.

Julian Cooke had been fated to be the playable at the elementary, so I moved him into a regular residence downtown, and he worked on his career and his LTW of 20 best friends.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#6104 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 1:52 PM
So this session was just spent getting the Uni grads' ages in sync. With him being the eldest, I began with Gabriel.

I thought I'd try to make things a little interesting and build Gabe his own house. I went too ambitious with it and he didn't even have enough to have decent walls and floors. He got a job in the Law Enforcement career, as he wanted to, and got fired on his first day due to coming to work in a bad mood. He didn't get payed. He went to make himself some Mac & Cheese, but instead set the house on fire. It was put out before he got harmed, but he lost the cooker and the kitchen sink. He only had 11 simoleons to his name, so it's not like he could buy a new one. The bathroom sink then broke. When things couldn't get worse for Gabe, he collapsed dead. I seriously don't know what had happend; his hunger was in the half-way point, so it wasn't starvation, and he was healthy despite his living conditions, so disease was ruled out too. I don't know what happened!

Buck moved into his family home with the furniture still intact... somehow. He got a career in Law and Ripp came to visit for a bit.

The next day he was joined by Jill, who had no career wants despite her moderate success at university. She and Buck are still going strong.

They were joined by David a few days later, who got a career in Medicine and is determined to succeed and earn enough money to get a place for himself and Romeo.

Isabelle and her boyfriend, Todd, joined the next day; the former wanted a job in the Law Enforcement career and is yet to find it, and the latter got his job in the Science career. Buck went up the career ladder by a bit and got Jill pregnant.

Lewis was next to join and he got a job in politics. Buck continued to move up the career ladder, as did David and Todd. Speaking of Todd, he got Isabelle pregnant. Two pregnant sims under one roof, sounds like a sitcom and a pain.

Daisy and Romeo arrived together. Daisy was able to get a job in the Gamer career, which was ideal for her as gaming is her predetermined hobby and she's very playful. Romeo, like Isabelle, wants a job in Law Enforcement, but both aren't getting lucky in the job ads. On the same day, Jill invited her mother over to witness the birth of her son Tommy. Not long after little Tommy was born, Jill got pregnant again...

David, Lewis, Daisy, and Romeo moved out. Isabelle and Todd didn't move out until a few hours later, when she gave birth to a girl called Amanda.

David and Romeo moved back in with Romeo's mother, Nina, who is a day away from kicking the bucket. Lewis moved back into his childhood home, which surprisingly had the furniture intact. Daisy also moved back into her childhood home, the old Dreamer house, which also had its furniture intact. Isabelle, Todd, and baby Amanda, opted to stay in Strangetown; they live across the road from Buck and Jill, and are next door to Johnny and Zidane.

That was the finale of round 7. I aim to start round 8 eventually.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Scholar
#6105 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 10:25 PM Last edited by sturlington : 30th Dec 2020 at 11:51 PM.
It's a new week in MooVille, and what's going around in my neighborhood right now is the flu. It's in almost every household, so most folks haven't been doing much but trying to stay in bed. There have been some divorces and quite a lot of the second generation have headed off to college and are starting to pair up. These are the notable events of the past week.

Matthias DODD died of old age. No other deaths and no births this week.

Clarence LUM divorced Eleasha FLEXOR LUM because of her infidelity. Gwen INDIE restarted her affair with Clarence soon afterward.

Marta WADE divorced her husband Luis also because of infidelity. She finally found out about his long affair with her sister, Eleasha. Luis bought his father's old house (which was a bargain), and moved in with Eleasha. Luis and Marta's twins, Bo and Benito, went to college.

All four WHIPPLER orphans made it to college. Adam graduated and is somewhat at loose ends now, but I'm sure he'll figure out his next move soon. Antony got engaged to a dormie named Vamsi, and they are now living together.

The orphaned DAY twins, Hayden and Hariette, joined their older half-sister at college. Benito Wade courted and got engaged to Zoya Day. Hayden Day got engaged to his high school girlfriend, Edan Whippler.
Instructor
#6106 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 3:43 AM
Rose Delancy started stressing out about getting old, I think. She'll have her elder birthday first day of next time I play the Delancy household and has spent this session in a frenzy of dating and meeting new possible dates. Her favourite new aquaintance was a nice young surgeon who looks like he could sing in The Cure - she had a dream date with him in the car store buying the expensive car she wanted and she made best friends with him in a changing booth in her own store, while customers were lining up in front of the cash register. Despite some angry stomping and stars disappearing that afternoon she got Boutique Byzantium up to level 10 and got a gold stylist badge, which kept her in platinum for a long time.

Middle daughter Louella moved to uni, youngest daughter December aged up to schoolchild and has finally met her father. They didn't get a fantastic start, after some rejected hugs on both sides they were deep in minus points. but they managed to bond over a game of chess (where no one actually cheated. a first in this household!).

The nanny set the kitchen on fire and was put on the roof for a couple of hours as punishment. Sweets the dog died of old age, little puppy Roofi moved in instead and happily puddled the floor a couple of times before December taught her manners.
Lab Assistant
#6107 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 9:41 PM
My game uses meetme2theriver's mod where all the hoods are neighborhoods of Belladonna Cove. Yesterday I played first in Belladonna Cove, the Lasagna & Dreamer families. Then Bo + Liz, Sims of my husband + myself, made up after their fight but not to the extent of proposing marriage, etc. Wayne (Liz's baby daddy) showed up at Liz's place too. Everybody got along fine. Then, I played the Contrary family in Desiderata Valley & ... the entire Pretzel family, except their baby, was there visiting! They have been stuck at the Blossom Wood Hotel for ages & their house in Belladonna Cove is unoccupied. Opal picked fights with both Craig & Joe Jeff. One by one the Pretzel family all left, but when I went back to Belladonna Cove they had not returned home. Next, I went to Blossom Wood Hotel to look for them & Joe Jeff was the only one there. Then, the game crashed. ????
Mad Poster
#6108 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 9:02 AM
I've been testing out a newly uploaded town called Riverview City and I found I'd only gotten the terrain so I loaded that and even reloaded the town I had generated from that terrain and it's loaded fine so far though it's empty and I'll have to decorate it before setting up my two required lots for starting a town up.
Scholar
#6109 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 1:23 PM
In MooVille, Adam Whippler is the first of the 2nd-generation kids to graduate from college, and then he proceeded to really mess up his life.

Adam decided to hang out on campus for a while after graduation. He wanted to fall in love with Judy Whippler who, though not related to him by blood, is still his aunt by marriage. Nevertheless, he persisted, but thankfully, she straight-up rejected all his advances. Adam then didn't know who to call. His most recent girlfriend, Zoya, was unavailable because is now engaged to his cousin Benito. So he booty-called a girl he dated for maybe a semester a long time ago, a dormie named Ericka. Just when she arrived, Adam decided to start making out with his brother's fiancee. Much slapping followed, and Ericka huffed off. The game then popped up a message that it was time for Adam to get back to the real world, and I completely agreed, so I moved him back to MooVille. I was getting him set up in a little house when he booty-called Ericka again. She showed up but only for more slapping. The rejection put Adam into aspiration failure, and when my Sims go into aspiration failure, they have to make a big change in their lives, based on a dice roll. Adam decided he needed to go find himself, so he will be out of play for a while, and hopefully will have gotten his act together when he gets back.

While all this was going on, Adam's twin brother, Antony, who roomed with him, lost all interest in studying and failed out of college. He returned to MooVille to await his fiancee, Vamsi. He was at a final exam when the making out occurred, so knows nothing about it.
Scholar
#6110 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 6:51 PM
I took a look at Riverview City, but I don't have Ultimate Collection so couldn't use it. I downloaded Mooville instead, but don't really know what to do with it. It would be perfect for a stratified society, but I just started Maryville for that (named after Mary Gavigan, since the Gavigans are millionaires there). Maybe I'll just sit on it for a while and mine it for houses - the Shell House is amazing!
Mad Poster
#6111 Old 1st Jan 2021 at 6:53 PM
I've started a new medieval town as a challenge. I just hope the first generation becomes wealthy enough to afford their own hovels...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#6112 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 12:51 AM
I only have the terrain for Riverview City and have no issue with that even though I have to do my own setting up and make my own population for the town.THat's actually most of the fun of playing a town.I get to watch it grow from a single couple settling in a new township site and watch it grow into a city.
Instructor
#6113 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 1:52 AM
Oya Ridderstedt topped her second career and now watches over Simsby-on-the-Fjord and its surroundings as Captain Hero. This put her in permanent platinum in time for her eder birthday. Her husband Bo-Erik has a few career steps left to city planner, but he was in platinum mood from skilling up when it was his turn to age up. The two elder Ridderstedts have spent most of their time taking care of toddlers lately, but now the two youngest in the famiy, Ruesha and Ruth-Emma, are school children and very independent. They live off leftover fish dinners and entertain eachother when they get bored. The inefficient nanny spends a lot of time on the roof to not get in their way! Rurik, middle child of the family, started the session by aging up to teen with the popularity aspiration and his timme as a teen just flew by between school, making friends and taking his first steps in the dancing career. In his last few hours before leaving for uni he gathered his "Groupies" group and made an outing to the Memorial Park for some ghost hunting - no ghosts were out, but there was making out between the pet tombstones and Rurik fell in love with Fleur Frisk, who has now dated all the playable teen sims in Simsby and risks becoming the Meadow Thayer of the neighbourhood. Their romantic interactions quickly made the outing a success, so Rurik left his childhood home in shining platinum.
Mad Poster
#6114 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 10:27 AM
I am quite pleased with the development in my new hood.
There are 30 families now.
Soon, there will be students at Uni.
5 Families are currently on vacation, 3 of them in the Far East; 2 of them in the Mountains.
Ian Fleming, a knowledge sim, has on receiving his career reward, found that the Golden Skull of Jambok IV not only boosted his energy, but he now seems to be as enticing as any romance sim.
I actually thought Ian would fit well with another knowledge CAS sim - but she fell for a townie I had made and there was no turning around from there. Once the townie moved in, though, it dawned to me that I may have made the cutest, smartest and most adorable Sim ever without even trying. Jack Sallie is quickly becoming one of my all-time favourite sims. He makes me sing: Jack be nimble, Jack be quick...
Placing down invisible recolors of the Business Career reward, thanks to Jo and her lot here https://modthesims.info/d/644947/bi...-mini-golf.html I turned my own ornamental golf course into quite a lively golf course, aided by making the autonomous mod by Icad, of course - details at Jo's upload.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6115 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 5:08 PM
I've got a town being set up for an alternate version of the WRC that's posted here with the theme being the colonization and exploration of the new world in he 16th century as the lower classes in Europe began to rebel against the old system and want to be able to rise above the poverty.I'm taking Riverview City's terrain and using the town I loaded from it as the setting for this.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6116 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 6:13 PM
In MooVille, Zoya Day graduated from university, and conveniently, her fiance, Benito Wade, didn't want to study and got expelled at the same time. So they moved back to MooVille together. They bought a starter house--Zoya's childhood house, still furnished--and immediately got busy and got pregnant. Then they went out to the church to get married and had a brief overnight honeymoon. When they returned home, Benito ate some food that had been left sitting out and came down with food poisoning. He tried to rest, but there was a lot going on. Zoya had the first baby of Gen 3, named Amina. (Zoya is the last Sim born in Gen 1 but Benito is Gen 2, so their child starts off Gen 3). Then she literally put the baby down on the floor so they could get busy again and she could get pregnant again! She went right back to bed, Benito fed the baby and put her in the crib, and now he is trying to relax. Neither of them has had the time to find a job yet.
Mad Poster
#6117 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 9:07 PM
The vacation season is over in Fountain Ridge (guess how I spent the past 12 hours, being home alone)

All of them had a wonderful time and I love it when they meet each other on community lots in the vacation hoods. The Hamilton family deserves a special mention. Stirling, now the Minister of Education, is a rather serious Knowledge Sim, and may have been boring, but he has married Fern, a fun Sim, and she lights up his life. They have a daughter who is as smart as her father and as playful as her mother.
Stirling had an extremely successful vacation. He learned to bow, he learned to teleport and he even came home with the secret from the old man in the pagoda. Fern, by singing folk songs to the old man, helped. He was not that impressed with Stirling at the start
Test Subject
#6118 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 7:18 AM Last edited by ardoplasma41 : 3rd Jan 2021 at 7:37 AM.
In Pleasantview, Aoi Kiriya repairs Tank Grunt and Johnny Smith's relationship.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#6119 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 7:22 AM Last edited by ardoplasma41 : 3rd Jan 2021 at 7:37 AM.
Meanwhile in Downtown, Makoto Kikuchi repairs Pleasant Twins' relationship.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#6120 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 7:43 AM
Back in Pleasantview, Rin Kurosawa repairs Loki Beaker and Pascal Curious' relationship.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6121 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 4:54 PM
I was only able to get more editing on Riverview City as a part of setting it up for my new challenge game.I got the community lot flattened and ready for setting it up for the first settlers to arrive.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6122 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 8:07 AM
When Gabriella Newson was in middle school, she and Isaiah Gavigan, with whom she had no bolts, dated. When Juan Smith joined them in middle school, he fell for her hard. Isaiah was an unsatisfactory boyfriend in many ways (he cheated on her with her brother's girlfriend, Tina Traveller) but Gabriella never quite brought herself to break up with Isaiah, though she did give Juan his first kiss. You know how Family sims are! When she went to college she met a lot of different boys but never expressed any particular interest in them. During her sophomore year she met Jared Starchild, who, like Juan, is a double bolter, and became best friends with him.

So Isaiah and Juan finally come to LFT and I sit back to let them sort it out. I kept getting all three guys onto the same lot with her and no one was biting - not rolling major specific wants, nor behaving spontaneously in ways that would make things clear. Gabriella did have some specific wants when I opened the sorority where she lives one morning - for all three of them! And Juan kept rolling wants to phone Gabriella along with fears of her rejecting a flirt, a kiss, a dance, or whatever.

So tonight I had her invite Juan and Jared both over early in the morning and greet both of them. She waved to them and Jared went straight inside, but Juan walked right up to her and kissed her, which was enough to make them both fall in love, and they stood there flirting and kissing for awhile. Meanwhile, Jared came back out and said good-bye, conceding the field gracefully. He really wants to fall in love, but he's a good loser.

Now Juan wants to call his big sister Jill and has a fear of Gabriella rejecting a proposal! Nothing to worry about, Juan. You ask her out and everything'll be fine, I promise.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#6123 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 4:08 PM
I caved and started playing Mooville. The first family I rolled consists of elders Astrid and Yolanda Riddle, their adopted son Luke, daughter-in-law Diana, and teen grandson Robert. CAS gave them 38K and the percentile dice gave them an extra 7K, just enough to buy the cheapest of the middle-priced lots. The elders have the existing master bedroom, a pretty room at the back with a wall of windows looking out on the garden. Luke and Diana have the second bedroom for now, but are renovating the bonus room as the money comes in, and will soon have that as their master suite (the bonus room was designed to look like a garage, back before Maxis introduced cars to TS2).

The Gavigans got 75K from the dice and moved into the Hidden Treasure, an adorable little house built around a central courtyard that contains a small pool. Stray cat Noodle kept getting stuck there - she could get up the steps, but for some reason could not get back down them. She puddled in the dining room and viciously attacked the statuary (even my husband commented that that sounded like one seriously angry cat!), but no amount of shooing or chasing could get her further than the front steps. I removed her with moveobjects several times, but she kept coming right back, so I concluded she must want to live there. I moved her in with the SimBlender and now she has everything she needs without having to get down the pesky steps.

Julien Cooke got an extra 37K, but concluded that he really didn't need an enormous four-bedroom-plus-bonus house and moved into one of the smaller homes. He bought a new bed, upgraded the master bathroom and kitchen, and redecorated throughout. He considered getting a new couch, too, but he wants to get a dog, so has decided to wait until the dog has learned not to chew the furniture.
Mad Poster
#6124 Old 4th Jan 2021 at 5:31 PM
I've been into Riverview City again and got busy setting up my community service center with the columns at the lot enterance.I also installed some decorative gravestones.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6125 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 12:07 AM
@BlueAlien I am excited to see what you do with MooVille. Just to be aware, some of the upper-tier houses may not be seasons proof. I am playing the Shell Villa, which is a lovely house, but needs an extra ceiling put in to protect it from the elements. I converted quite a few of the middle-tier houses to actual garages and driveways, although I had to get creative with some. But since every Sim wants a car, I figured this would save me some whining. Some of the lots absolutely cannot accommodate a car, however.

In my game, I am still dealing with the flu almost everywhere. I get one Sim healthy and another one catches it. If I get really frustrated, I will send them all to the healing well, but I'm trying to play "realistic" for now.
Page 245 of 349