Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 10:54 AM
Default The environment. What are [I]YOU[/I] doing to help?
Our own little page to talk about how we try to help the environment.
My family recycles cans and bottles. And we throw anything recyclable into the actual recycle bin
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 11:17 AM
We recycle, I don't throw away batteries in the trash, I don't use pesticides (I'm a gardener), and I'm constantly planting trees and such, I even grew an Oak tree in a pickle jar!
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 11:21 AM
How do you grow a tree in a pickle jar?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 11:26 AM
Fill it with soil, plant an acorn!
Theorist
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 12:42 PM
I love recycling! With card I build things and I know how to do role rather than the throw to the trash I do new role.
Theorist
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 12:47 PM
We grow our own organic veg, recycle, and we have so many trees in our garden it couild be called a forest
Mad Poster
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 3:47 PM
*used to own a forest*
Banned
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 2:46 AM
Woa, I want to try growing a tree in a pickle jar. *looks around for acorn*
*Doesn't find one*
Theorist
#9 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 6:48 AM
We recycle, have a compost bin, and help the homeless and poor

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Aug 2009 at 3:32 AM
Recycling waste and water, having quicker showers, growing my own vegies, constantly cleaning community areas, using energy efficient electrics (we're getting solar installed on our house soon ^_^ ) and of course being a vegan.
Banned
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 7:43 AM
but the cows produce methane gas in their farts. Eat the cows and no more cow farts. But vegetables turn the methane gas into breathable oxygen.

In other words
We're eating the problem. You're eating the solution.
LOL. stole that from George Lopez.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 1:19 PM
*is attempting to revive this group*
Typical
#13 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 5:03 PM
*Is posting because he wants to*
Theorist
#14 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 5:55 PM
*posts because I love nature*
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 5:59 PM
*POSTS FOR NO APPARENT REASON*
*REALISES HER CAPS LOCK IS ON*
that's better!

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Apr 2010 at 9:37 AM
I always recycle and plant as many flowers and trees as i can. also when someone leaves a tap running it really annoys me so i always turn it off.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 14th May 2010 at 2:44 AM
I try to recycle all that can be recycled in my county. It draws me odd stares when I stuff plastic food containers in my backpack in order to wash them at home.
I use only fluorescent bulbs wherever possible, and turn lights off (unless I'm returning home late from campus).
I try to use reusable grocery bags every time I go shopping, and paper bags when I forget.
I try to buy things with recyclable packaging.
I own a fuel-efficient (though not hybrid) car that's rated as a ULEV (ultra low emissions vehicle).
I take the bus to class every day (some of the buses are even hybrids!).
I enjoy Adopt-A-Road/Highway or other picking-others'-litter-from-off-the-ground types of volunteering activities.
Test Subject
#18 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:51 AM
I always recycle and never leave lightbulbs on in my house if no one is in the room.Thats just wastefull!
Banned
#19 Old 26th Dec 2011 at 12:39 AM
I recycle and never leave lights, music or Tv on when not using them.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th May 2012 at 9:25 PM
Well, at school, alot of students print several things in our library, but some times, stuff don't get printed the way they want it to, so they have to print again, i.e. wast of paper. So, what I did was sit near the librarians desk, she's really sweet BTW, and I took all the wasted paper and look sorted out the papers as follows:

One-side printed papers>recycle
Two-side printed papers>into the bin
Empty paper>When I found empty A4 papers between the used ones, I was outraged, some only had like a few dots and small lines for some reason, but without anyone knowing, I popped them into the printer for usage.

The problem here is that, teachers want their students to print their essay drafts in fresh new pages, or atleast, that's what the students think so I guess there should be some sort of rule made where drafts can be printed on used paper, to recycle, while the final draft, on fresh new A4's.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 12th May 2012 at 12:36 AM
I recycle all my cans, bottles and such. I reuse a LOT of things, like old tshirts become dusting clothes or ripped jeans sewn into bags I give as presents, sometimes I use things like pickle jars (that I obviously clean first) and use it as containers. I had a cup that had a huge chip on the side that I use to put my toothbrush stuff in.

I also, this is major, carpool my brothers and sisters to school instead of making my parents drive them, because they drive me apeshit bonkers.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio