Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Downtown Highrise Apartments -Almost NO CC-

by Phaenoh Posted 17th May 2014 at 7:43 PM - Updated 31st May 2017 at 7:50 PM by Phaenoh

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 11th Jul 2014 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lc123
hi it's great i love these apartments but somehow when i go into them there is a blue thing on the first floor when you emnter and i have no idea what it is
Oh my, that sounds very strange! Which floor do you mean? When you first enter the building, or enter the first apartment? Or the floor in between? Can you take a screenshot of your issue? That would probably be the fastest way for me to track it down and fix it.
Test Subject
#27 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 7:16 PM
I love this apartment but it will not show up in my game, can you please help me?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 17th Jul 2014 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k3mrich
I love this apartment but it will not show up in my game, can you please help me?
Which EPs do you have, and did you install it with CleanInstaller?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 8:31 PM
thanks a lottt <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:18 PM
Cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 6:18 PM
Cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 3:37 AM
Looks fantastic, I had one of my sims lived in it and it was great
Too bad this lot makes my game lag
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 5:20 AM
I'm glad you love the lot, and I'm sorry it lags your game. It is a huge lot, so that's not surprising.
Test Subject
#34 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 7:56 PM
hey i cannot do anything on the lot everytime i click on it it loads about half way and it crashes my game i really would like to play on this lot plz help me if possible
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 9:31 PM
Unfortunately, the most likely thing is that your computer is just not powerful enough to run this lot. It is a very big lot, and because I only used 1 piece of CC, it really can't be a CC bug. You can try redownloading it, reinstalling it, and replacing it in your neighborhood, but if that doesn't work, the only thing that will is a better computer.
Test Subject
#36 Old 7th Jan 2015 at 11:08 PM
Default Thanks! (I also have the blue issue!)
Thank you so much for this! I'm trying to have more apartment-y sims and I would never have the patience to create such a vast block with so much detail :D

However, I'm also having this blue layer problem - it appears that the swimming pool water has overflowed?! It is a blue layer that appears to be floating slightly and goes all over ground (filling the basement) and goes all the way to the pavement. The first floor - ie the orange floored foundation layer - is fine.. I thought it was my odd graphics playing up (again...) but I guess it might be a more common issue! Do you have any idea what it could be? (I'm guessing something to do with basement garage / swimming pool issues? Odd though!)

Thanks again!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 7:15 PM
Simply awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 12:11 PM

thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 24th May 2015 at 1:49 PM
thx
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 8:40 PM
thanks <3 !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 1:27 AM
Oh my goodness! This is just SO beautiful! I'm in love! Thank-you so much, doll!
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 12:05 AM
The apartment is amazing, I really love it even though it's a huge lot and it can get a bit laggy when I'm on the upper floors. But you did an awesome job
There's just one thing I noticed now: that sim we have to talk to when we want to sit down at a table at a restaurant only shows me the option to sit at the bar even though there's plenty of tables :s Any opinion on how to solve this?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 2:10 AM
thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#44 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 10:09 PM
OMG this build is fantastic thank you, as a new sims 2 player I was a little wary of apartments especially as I could not figure out why cars were not allowed on the lot but my sims can own cars on your lot so happiness ensued as my sim got back his Ferrari-) new to me is being able to gossip with neighbors close by which is so enjoyable and last but not least lots of things to entertain sims everywhere, I cannot praise your creativity highly enough....
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emodarkwolf
The apartment is amazing, I really love it even though it's a huge lot and it can get a bit laggy when I'm on the upper floors. But you did an awesome job
There's just one thing I noticed now: that sim we have to talk to when we want to sit down at a table at a restaurant only shows me the option to sit at the bar even though there's plenty of tables :s Any opinion on how to solve this?

Upload on my previous comment: I've played in this apartment only a couple of times and most of them my game decided to die and stop responding. Is this because this is a SUPER HUGE lot? It's really sad I can't fully enjoy it :c
Although I haven't got the time to test it out much yet, I'll try to lower the settings and see how things run next time.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 4:22 AM
I specifically tested the top floor restaurant, I didn't have any trouble getting seated at a table. When you are being sitted, just click on the table you want.
Test Subject
#47 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 10:06 PM
Default Same Problem Here!
Quote: Originally posted by raragemma15
Thank you so much for this! I'm trying to have more apartment-y sims and I would never have the patience to create such a vast block with so much detail :D

However, I'm also having this blue layer problem - it appears that the swimming pool water has overflowed?! It is a blue layer that appears to be floating slightly and goes all over ground (filling the basement) and goes all the way to the pavement. The first floor - ie the orange floored foundation layer - is fine.. I thought it was my odd graphics playing up (again...) but I guess it might be a more common issue! Do you have any idea what it could be? (I'm guessing something to do with basement garage / swimming pool issues? Odd though!)

Thanks again!

I also have this issue, I've had it happen with other lots as well and I'm hoping someone has advice on how to fix this.
Thank you!
Forum Resident
#48 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 3:40 PM
I'm also having the blue issue, it appears that the lot is showing attributes of a beach lot? Surrounded by beach texture, ocean in the driveway, pool and basement, etc. I'll see if I can change it in lot adjuster?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Test Subject
#49 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 9:37 AM
Default Top floors
Omg I love this lot sooo much!
The only problem I have is that the camera seems to jump around when I’m playing the top floors - does anyone else have this problem? How do I solve it?
I love high rise apartments but I feel like I can’t ever play them because of this problem
Scholar
THANKS POST
#50 Old 10th Jul 2021 at 2:53 PM
Very cool apartments. How long did it take you to make this?
Page 2 of 2